Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 06:59 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,934,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Now she'll get fat and happy waiting for the hammer to come down!
She may well get happy, but I'm afraid it's way too late for her to get fat, that ship has sailed long ago...
..and, oh how we hope for that hammer to fall.. hard on her ugly head...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 07:07 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,969,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, she played twice and lost. She has no more political career left in her.
Agreed and, Hillary losing to Obama in 2008 was a HUGE warning, especially looking back on it.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:06 PM

7,729 posts, read 8,825,031 times
Quote:
“I have known Donald Trump for 20 years, had dinner with him, golfed with him,” McAuliffe (D) said in an interview on WTOP’s “Ask the Governor” program. “When I ran [for governor] in ’09, he actually wrote me a $25,000 check. So I look forward to a productive relationship.”

Before becoming governor, McAuliffe spent decades in the orbit of Clinton and her husband, former president Bill Clinton, serving as a record-breaking fundraiser, confidant and political ally. He was chairman of Hillary Clinton’s unsuccessful 2008 presidential campaign and worked to deliver Virginia for her this year. She carried the state by five points.

Despite his friendship with the Clintons, McAuliffe said he sent Trump a congratulatory letter the day after the election.
What is the phrase that describes this type of people again?

Old 12-01-2016, 10:20 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The history books will attack her long after she is in the grave, and rightfully so. She is the most corrupt politician to ever walk the planet.
She is still under investigation and the foundation is finished. Not only is it a scam that too is still being investigated, but all of her donors have dropped out because she can no longer sell favors.
You are supporting a career criminal..
History will likely treat her as the first woman to attempt to run for the presidency and crushed through a lot of manipulations. I hope they do investigate her and the foundation. And if nothing is found, I want public apologies from many including Trump then she could sue for defamation. They've already investigated Benghazi multiple times as well as the email server. The Clinton foundation is certified and goes through regular audits. Republicans investigated the Clintons for eight years and spent 50 million dollars trying to find something on Whitewater. They even investigated the Clinton Christmas card list. I want the investigation. Without it, no apology. With it, an end to speculation and the possibility of finally finally leaving the woman alone, setting the record straight and Republicans going down in history for what they have done.

Congress Spent 140 Hours Investigating Clinton's Xmas Card List, 12 Investigating Torture at Abu Ghraib - via Killfile - Newsvine

Old 12-01-2016, 10:29 PM

27,823 posts, read 16,335,815 times
As much as I despise hiLiary I am betting in the future the d party will get even worse.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:38 PM

32,321 posts, read 15,272,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
She may well get happy, but I'm afraid it's way too late for her to get fat, that ship has sailed long ago...
..and, oh how we hope for that hammer to fall.. hard on her ugly head...
Wow, you are the perfect Trump supporter with your adjectives about women. No wonder you voted for him Do you actually say these derogatory comments to women or do you just feel empowered here. If you said anything like that to me, I would slap you because men should never disrespect a woman.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:34 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
History will likely treat her as the first woman to attempt to run for the presidency and crushed through a lot of manipulations. I
She won't even be remembered for that.

History doesn't pay much mind to the First Ladies unless they used their position to do good for others. Notables would be Betty Ford, Jaqueline Kennedy, Eleanor Roosevelt, etc.

Hillary only used her position to further her career and to destroy her enemies. The fact that she refused to concede in front of her supporters on election night, refuses to tell them to stop the violence, and seeks to undermine the results by participating in silly recounts only highlights this.

At best she will be remembered as one of the many many many women that slept with the 42 President.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:42 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,042,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

I never expected her to run again after this. But I expect Republicans to continue attacking her long after she is in the grave for things they will completely ignore if Trump and his team does them. I anticipate mock trials after they've dug up her bones.
If she didn't so richly deserve such treatment, you might have had some kind of point.

In view of the facts at hand regarding Hillary and her multiple federal offenses, of course, all you have is some weirdly-phrased interment reference.

Good luck with that, though.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:50 PM

12,715 posts, read 7,875,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Actually, she was rejected thrice by the American public at large. The only wins were in a hand picked Senate seat for which she had no real opposition and no real accomplishment and a quid pro quo plum cabinet seat, to burnished her cv; at which she also failed.

She cannot leave the scene soon enough.
When was she rejected the first time?

She lost to Obama in 2008 and to Trump in 2016, both people she shouldn't have lost to given her name recognition and brand.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:04 PM

14,994 posts, read 24,016,700 times
It's more than that - the "Clinton" name had become a brand, not too different from the "Trump" or "Bush" or "Kennedy" brand. It was there money-maker.
Of course Hillary will never run for office again, that's obvious. She's a two-time loser. But more importantly, the "Clinton" brand is finished, done - that goes for her husband and her daughter and herself - done.
The paid speaker events will fade to nothing - done. Chelsia trying to capitalize on her name for this or that job - done. Clinton foundation - done. Various Board of Director memberships for all three - done. Book deals - done. Power - done. Influence - done.
They might actually have to go out and get real jobs. Well not really, they are set for life. But the money train has ended and the Clinton name will only be a footnote in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections