Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 08:37 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,985,186 times

Advertisements

Just asked Sen. Cardin and Rep. Sarbanes for inauguration tix. Cardin has a lottery set up. I won't bother with Barbara Mikulski - we've been warring over email for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 09:07 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,405,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He's worth more now than when he took office. How? good question.
Post documentation to prove your point!

The Presidential salary is about $400,000 a year. Other than that, please provide proof that he is worth more now. Of course, if he had invested well, he would have made money on those investments, as we all have.

Trump doesn't pay taxes so he doesn't want taxable income. It's harder to hide!

Your statement is mere speculation without proof.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:13 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,405,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Again, I don't know how. Maybe bribes and special interest kickbacks.
Don't make statements like that without supporting evidence.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:50 PM

8,095 posts, read 10,695,514 times
Myself and my family of "deplorables" will be watching on large screen TV and celebrating, if nothing else, the massive shake-up that this election has initiated. .

Let me be clear. We are registered Democrats who detested the handing of the Presidential election to George Bush in 2000, and we voted for Barack Obama for "change" in 2008. Then we watched as nothing...literally nothing.... changed. Other than the fact that some members of our family who do not have health insurance provided by their employers had to pay a "penalty" due to this stupid Obamacare which has been a miserable failure. Of course, if you don't work and are living on the welfare dime, you don't have to pay anything and all your medical care (medicaid) is paid for BY those of us that are working and paying taxes. Enough of this nonsense.

We that put Trump into office may be "delusionals" as well as "deplorables", but we will be toasting our new President and Vice President on inauguration day, with wine and a spread of food fit for the Superbowl, and praying that our country will truly return to greatness again - for ALL of us. It's now or never.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:51 AM

8,404 posts, read 4,406,388 times
I'll do what I always do when I see Trump on TV. Change channels.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:59 PM

32,162 posts, read 15,172,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Myself and my family of "deplorables" will be watching on large screen TV and celebrating, if nothing else, the massive shake-up that this election has initiated. .

Let me be clear. We are registered Democrats who detested the handing of the Presidential election to George Bush in 2000, and we voted for Barack Obama for "change" in 2008. Then we watched as nothing...literally nothing.... changed. Other than the fact that some members of our family who do not have health insurance provided by their employers had to pay a "penalty" due to this stupid Obamacare which has been a miserable failure. Of course, if you don't work and are living on the welfare dime, you don't have to pay anything and all your medical care (medicaid) is paid for BY those of us that are working and paying taxes. Enough of this nonsense.

We that put Trump into office may be "delusionals" as well as "deplorables", but we will be toasting our new President and Vice President on inauguration day, with wine and a spread of food fit for the Superbowl, and praying that our country will truly return to greatness again - for ALL of us. It's now or never.

Our country has always been great no matter what we have been through or who was president. What we have now with Trump will probably change this country dramatically. Medicare will be overhauled with vouchers. I'm sorry but we need to take care of our seniors. Social security will be overhauled too. His cabinet is filled with the rich. So what do you think Trump is going to do to make us "great" again. He hasn't paid his taxes in years but all of us have to.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:09 PM

18,101 posts, read 27,569,414 times
How do I plan to celebrate? Keep on gloating, for the next 8 plus years.

You libbies are a piece of work. Go look at Trump supporters at his rallies and his Thank You tours. That's us. He's reiterating what he's gonna do, he's putting himself on the line.

Oh, you can grind your teeth for 8 years. I'm fine with it.

Now, if you want to see the source of our health care problems, go to my blog and click on the link under the Obamacare post. That's eye opening.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:31 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,929,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc
I'll do what I always do when I see Trump on TV. Change channels.
Yup same with Obama........ Whenever I see/hear him I change whatever it is im hearing him on!

Old 12-09-2016, 12:57 AM

30,750 posts, read 18,427,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Our country has always been great no matter what we have been through or who was president. What we have now with Trump will probably change this country dramatically. Medicare will be overhauled with vouchers. I'm sorry but we need to take care of our seniors. Social security will be overhauled too. His cabinet is filled with the rich. So what do you think Trump is going to do to make us "great" again. He hasn't paid his taxes in years but all of us have to.
Firstly, Dems have no one to blame but themselves for Trump's election. Apart from nominating a terrible candidate (seriously, I was giddy when it looked like Hillary would fend off Bernie, as I believed that Hillary was the only Democrat that Trump could possibly win against in 2016), Dems blew it by overreaching these past 8 years. Note, Obama was and is popular among the country generally speaking, but his policies are not. He thought that he could use his personal popularity to pull of a third term, so to speak. But the country wasn't having it.

Moving on, Donald Trump pays tens of MILLIONS in property taxes every year. His company employs tens of thousands of people, which only contributes tens of millions more in secondary income taxes attributed to him. The fact that Trump has used the law (did nothing wrong or illegal) to avoid personal income tax liability doesn't change this fact.

I can't wait for Trump to get in and clean up the mess left behind by 8 years of Obama in the White House.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:58 AM

30,750 posts, read 18,427,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yup same with Obama........ Whenever I see/hear him I change whatever it is im hearing him on!
Same here. I look forward to watching State of the Union addresses again . . . I took a 8 year hiatus from watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections