Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 01:48 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times

Advertisements

Hillary ran the 'offends' campaign, she told you what you were supposed to be offended by, many snowflakes just followed the leader and parroted the talking points, but in the end, people were more concerned with their pocketbooks, their homes, their jobs and their families, all tangible things, being 'offended' wasn't going to pay the bills or keep you safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 02:42 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
What?

Old 12-03-2016, 02:58 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Yeah, right... and breitbart is trying to get the easily offended little trumpists to boycott Kelloggs because Kelloggs is not interested in advertising with them any more. What kind of cr*ppy company calls on people to boycott a company that doesn't want to advertise with it? OH, wait... the kind that supports trump blindly, just like all the trumpists that think it is ok for them to be nasty to everyone, but cry like babies when the tables are turned..

Y'all need to turn that mirror on yourselves.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1e549e5...backlash..html

Old 12-03-2016, 03:57 AM

21,123 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yeah, right... and breitbart is trying to get the easily offended little trumpists to boycott Kelloggs because Kelloggs is not interested in advertising with them any more. What kind of cr*ppy company calls on people to boycott a company that doesn't want to advertise with it? OH, wait... the kind that supports trump blindly, just like all the trumpists that think it is ok for them to be nasty to everyone, but cry like babies when the tables are turned..

Y'all need to turn that mirror on yourselves.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1e549e5...backlash..html

I think you just proved the OP's point. A "cr*ppy company" Kellogg pulled their advertisement becsue they thought Brietbart was too offensive.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:54 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think you just proved the OP's point. A "cr*ppy company" Kellogg pulled their advertisement becsue they thought Brietbart was too offensive.
Actually, I was referring to breitbart as the cr*ppy company. So, are you joining in the boycott?

Old 12-03-2016, 07:03 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Hillary ran the 'offends' campaign, she told you what you were supposed to be offended by, many snowflakes just followed the leader and parroted the talking points, but in the end, people were more concerned with their pocketbooks, their homes, their jobs and their families, all tangible things, being 'offended' wasn't going to pay the bills or keep you safe.
I don't think so.

Most people who voted for Hillary simply wanted to stop Trump. They/we are not wild leftists. They/we are concerned about affordable health insurance--which probably would have happened--and things like Social Security for retirement. They/we are also concerned about quality of public education, the economy, doing something about illegals. Hope none of this offends you.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:45 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Most people are offended by things they think will affect them negatively.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:53 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Hillary and her campaign were calling him Hitler and a racist among other things, how would anything they said about him affect you negatively? If you read between the lines and read every news story, every quote and every comment about Trump or Hillary that's ever been written about them in the history of their lives, you can see that its not even close that Trump is a far better PERSON than Hillary. The Hillary campaign was run in a matter to convince you to 'bet against Trump at all costs' they never really promoted THEMSELVES anything they did was halfhearted, their 'here's my plan for all americans' was halfhearted, she never talked about border security, vetting of illegals, creating jobs or building up american infrastructure, never really was passionate about any of that.

Do you know where her passion kicked in? When she threw mud at Trump. Her dander got real high when she called him a racist and other lies, she got really fired up at those moments...didn't get much fired up talking about how she was gonna keep your babies safe, that didn't matter all that much to her...and america saw thru it.

The angry and unclassy response after defeat tells you all you need to know, even in defeat they're trying to harm american citizens, their behavior and actions after the defeat tells a large tale, but that tale only gets told to people who are paying attention and being very observant to things.

A year or 2 down the line, when america starts rebuilding its infrastructure and starts getting better trade deals and stops these people with hate in their hearts towards america from coming here and starts creating jobs and good will to 'buy american' again, you'll see all is well and there was nothing to worry about, if cnn and the democratic party filled your head with hateful messages and lies about trump and then a year or 2 from now you can see that again, they were incorrect about what they said, will anyone from the left come back here and say so ? Will they come back and say we were wrong, there was nothing at all to worry about, this was an amazing candidate and he's proving that on a daily basis? I bet they won't come back and admit this, they won't ever admit it, they'll just come full barrels with 8 consecutive years of hate towards Trump, i would suggest to anyone reading this that 8 years is a lONG time to harbor hate in your heart, life is short, 8 years is 2,920 days, do you all really want to wake up for the next 2920 days and harbor hate and anger?

Think about coming over to the winners, 8 years is a long time to be sitting on the sidelines with a frown on your face and anger in your heart.

At the end of the day, your hate only affects YOU and your heart and your health. Like i said, life is short, you can be a winner for 8 years or a loser, its much more fun to win and be happy and excited for the future, its up to you to make the winning decision.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:03 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Hillary and her campaign were calling him Hitler and a racist among other things, how would anything they said about him affect you negatively? If you read between the lines and read every news story, every quote and every comment about Trump or Hillary that's ever been written about them in the history of their lives, you can see that its not even close that Trump is a far better PERSON than Hillary. The Hillary campaign was run in a matter to convince you to 'bet against Trump at all costs' they never really promoted THEMSELVES anything they did was halfhearted, their 'here's my plan for all americans' was halfhearted, she never talked about border security, vetting of illegals, creating jobs or building up american infrastructure, never really was passionate about any of that.

Do you know where her passion kicked in? When she threw mud at Trump. Her dander got real high when she called him a racist and other lies, she got really fired up at those moments...didn't get much fired up talking about how she was gonna keep your babies safe, that didn't matter all that much to her...and america saw thru it.

The angry and unclassy response after defeat tells you all you need to know, even in defeat they're trying to harm american citizens, their behavior and actions after the defeat tells a large tale, but that tale only gets told to people who are paying attention and being very observant to things.

A year or 2 down the line, when america starts rebuilding its infrastructure and starts getting better trade deals and stops these people with hate in their hearts towards america from coming here and starts creating jobs and good will to 'buy american' again, you'll see all is well and there was nothing to worry about, if cnn and the democratic party filled your head with hateful messages and lies about trump and then a year or 2 from now you can see that again, they were incorrect about what they said, will anyone from the left come back here and say so ? Will they come back and say we were wrong, there was nothing at all to worry about, this was an amazing candidate and he's proving that on a daily basis? I bet they won't come back and admit this, they won't ever admit it, they'll just come full barrels with 8 consecutive years of hate towards Trump, i would suggest to anyone reading this that 8 years is a lONG time to harbor hate in your heart, life is short, 8 years is 2,920 days, do you all really want to wake up for the next 2920 days and harbor hate and anger?

Think about coming over to the winners, 8 years is a long time to be sitting on the sidelines with a frown on your face and anger in your heart.

At the end of the day, your hate only affects YOU and your heart and your health. Like i said, life is short, you can be a winner for 8 years or a loser, its much more fun to win and be happy and excited for the future, its up to you to make the winning decision.
I found many of the things Trump said during the campaign to be disturbing. I found his ability to say something, and then later deny ever saying it, even when it was a matter of public record, disturbing. I find his track record in business disturbing. I find many of his proposed policies disturbing. I find his thin skin and his temper temper (particularly his apparent inability to control it) to be *extremely* disturbing.

If he gets us better trade deal without starting an actual trade *war* with everyone on the planet, I will be glad. If he really does rebuild our infrastructure, I will be happy. If he doesn't get us into a real war over an imagined slight by some other world leader, I will be relieved beyond belief.

This conversation is not about Hillary, at least not to me. I supported her over Trump, and I'm not at all convinced that he is the better person, but she was *not* my first choice in this election.

I find it very amusing that you can speak of the hate in someone's heart when one of the things that bothers me most about this man was the amount of hate he seems to carry in his own. If he is, indeed, the kind, big-hearted, loving soul he claims to be, he needs to get a little better at conveying that.

Trump is going to have to win my trust. He has four years to do it. I find the claim that he will be a two-term president a bit premature, particularly in light of the fact that he has yet to take office, let alone take any official action as, you know, the *President.*

I grant you that he has a great opportunity. If he delivers on all of his promises, actually does something for the working and middle classes, and tones down the rhetoric that currently has large numbers of minority Americans quaking in their boots, he could be remembered as a great president. If he lives down to the worst expectations of his detractors, or fails to live up to the best expectations of his supporters, he could be reviled as one of the worst in modern times ( and by none so much as those true believers who currently seem to view him as a savior of Christ-like stature.)

There is a middle ground between spending the next however many days (4 years worth or 8) in a state of hatred and anger, and drinking the Kool-aid before day 1. It's called healthy skepticism.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Yes, you are right and the left is still sitting with crayons and a rabbit and some are writing on this forum and act like they won.

All they can come up with is that Hillbilly got more popular votes, but the map colored overwhelmingly red.

The left knew that it is about electoral votes and they failed to get these votes.

Now they have disgraceful Jill Stein do the talk for them, with a silly silent protest at Trump tower today.

Why is she going there? She couldn't even answer that question when Chris Wallace asked her.

Where did the money go? She got 3.5 million for the entire election of 2016 and 6.9 million to fight the election result. Something is not adding up.

All for losing and not able to handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections