Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a suffering Snowflake, what's the current status of your emotional and physical health?
I'm a Snowflake and I can't stop crying 9 15.00%
I'm a Snowflake and getting fat on cocoa and cookies 3 5.00%
I'm a Snowflake and getting abortions even though I'm not pregnant....get em while u can 2 3.33%
i'm a Snowflake and I will die without Obamacare 1 1.67%
Trump is going to fix everything 45 75.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 05:00 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Trump wants to give the unemployed a job, including saying he wants people to get off welfare and get a job.

However, some people enjoy not working and getting a check. I wonder if these people will suddenly want to work, or if they will continue to stay home. What will be their incentive? And their skills? And some of them have a bad job history like criminal activity, and who wants to hire them? Also some people are not very marketable as they do not know how to dress properly, talk properly, and have lousy expectations of an employer. So they are damaged potential workers. Wonder what will happen with them?
Hopefully, we will make a bigger investment in job training, or, of equal importance, re-training, to help people overcome the damage and become employable. I know such programs exist, but there are not enough of them, and many are limited enough in scope that they don't reach anything like all who need them.

Human potential is the most precious resource on earth, far too valuable to be writing people off as damaged beyond repair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 10:19 AM

30,434 posts, read 19,200,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Hopefully, we will make a bigger investment in job training, or, of equal importance, re-training, to help people overcome the damage and become employable. I know such programs exist, but there are not enough of them, and many are limited enough in scope that they don't reach anything like all who need them.

Human potential is the most precious resource on earth, far too valuable to be writing people off as damaged beyond repair.
I agree with you Snowflake. You should walk into Trump Tower and ask our next President to be Secretary of Labor.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:27 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My response is that I have a doctorate in Snowflake Health (mental & emotional) and have a want that Snowflakes sparkle like diamonds.

Long may your Snowflake sparkle.

Seriously, it's hard for me to take the Snowflakes seriously. The President has limited powers and can't do 5% of what the Snowflakes fear. He's going to Twitter through his 2 terms, get over it. If President Trump does something that you don't like, we both have the opportunity to vote him out in 4 years. My guess is his EC landslide will be greater in 4 years.

What is a 'snowflake'..I keep reading the word...but other than here at C-D..never seen it except in terms of frozen water.

I don't have the decoder ring..so I'd appreciate a real definition...thanks.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
What is a 'snowflake'..I keep reading the word...but other than here at C-D..never seen it except in terms of frozen water.

I don't have the decoder ring..so I'd appreciate a real definition...thanks.

"The group of young people today that have the INSANE belief they have the right to NOT be offended by any of the beliefs/viewpoints of the other 7.1 billion people of this planet. When these fragile/infantile people are offended, most likely they will react in someway like a toddler (cry, scream, act hysterical, etc).
Ohhh look, we have some members of generation snowflake that are complaining they don't have any Safe Spaces at the University of XYZ."

Old 12-11-2016, 01:05 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,574,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm worried about our snowflake president elect. If you can't take criticism and go on a twitter rampage because your feelings are hurt....then we are in big trouble. What's he going to do with he can't get other countries to agree with his demands...nuke them. He's a man child who throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Wow just what we need in a president
Well said. I'd rep ya but I gotta spread the love.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:57 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,226,596 times
I'm getting fat on cocoa and snowflake cookies. Might as well live it up before I melt!

Old 12-11-2016, 02:57 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
"The group of young people today that have the INSANE belief they have the right to NOT be offended by any of the beliefs/viewpoints of the other 7.1 billion people of this planet. When these fragile/infantile people are offended, most likely they will react in someway like a toddler (cry, scream, act hysterical, etc).
Ohhh look, we have some members of generation snowflake that are complaining they don't have any Safe Spaces at the University of XYZ."
Or 52-year-old liberals.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:12 PM

10,238 posts, read 6,330,053 times
I am a 68 year old Snowflake who doesn't care whether I have heath insurance (Original Medicare I do not use) or not, but I DO care about others who do not not feel that same way I do and want it.

I am also not Mexican, Muslim, or any other Minority, except female, but I do care about how they are treated also.

Old Fart Bleeding Heart Liberal who apparently never learned my lesson in my old age.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I'm getting fat on cocoa and snowflake cookies. Might as well live it up before I melt!
Snowflake cookies sound delicious. Is there any of that legal Washington state or Colorado weed cooked into the snowflake cookies?

Old 12-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Or 52-year-old liberals.
I found that definition online. I agree that 52 year olds that act and believe the same way are still qualified and registered as Snowflakes....ie. you're good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections