Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 04:55 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What does any of this have to do with Trump calling his supporters nasty, mean, and vicious?

Yep. Those are his exact words.
I wasn't answering the OP. I responded to another post . I quoted it for context.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:55 PM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I watched the clip and Waldo's version is closer to what he actually said. Your splitting off the last of the sentence portrays what trump said inaccurately and puts a different meaning to what he said.

Why did you do that?
It's what they do. Take a statement out of context, then twist it to mean whatever the detractor wants it to mean.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:03 PM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Maybe the new voter ID laws worked as intended. You know they've been abusing the system just by seeing how hard they fight against new rules. I thought it was funny that the Jill Stein recount effort exposed so much voter fraud in Michigan. Imagine if she had demanded a recount in California. That 2,000,000 popular vote lead would be put into question.

That may be. I still find it astounding (but no surprise, I guess) that so many of Hillary's popular votes came from one state. IMO it would be interesting to compare those votes with the registered voter rolls, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
What do people think about Donald J Trump finally speaking the truth and not over exaggerating?

While in Florida last night, Trump gave the following description of his supporters at a rally by saying they: "were vicious violent, screaming, 'we want the wall,' screaming 'prison, prison, lock her up!' You were going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious."

I was at two rallies. Trump was at his thank you tour when he said that..saying we are now mellow.

We were yelling, lock her up, and Trump was being sarcastic. Trump likes our spirit. Too bad the left does not understand the spirit of things said. They run with it and create a thread like this . The left has no common sense. We boo the news media, and laugh as we boo.. we enjoy it. We turn our head to the cameras and boo them , and smile at them at the same time laughing.

Now the Trump bashers beat up Trump supporters, blood running down their head, being kicked is not in the same category as being booed... that is vicious. We don't beat up the newsmen. We laugh big difference in the two parties.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:24 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,911,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What does any of this have to do with Trump calling his supporters nasty, mean, and vicious?

Yep. Those are his exact words.
More proof that you people just can't be taken seriously. You know the truth, why twist it to make it sound bad?
If you honestly believe what you wrote, then you have a learning disability. I could have stated your problem more strongly, and more truthfully, but I softened it for C-D...
Just in case you do have a learning disability, let me make it clear to you, your side lost, crooked hillary and the clinton crime family are no more... Trump is the new president..

Old 12-17-2016, 05:28 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
More proof that you people just can't be taken seriously. You know the truth, why twist it to make it sound bad?
If you honestly believe what you wrote, then you have a learning disability. I could have stated your problem more strongly, and more truthfully, but I softened it for C-D...
Just in case you do have a learning disability, let me make it clear to you, your side lost, crooked hillary and the clinton crime family are no more... Trump is the new president..
They don't realize the meaning of being sarcastic.. saying something and really meaning the opposite.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:17 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
And just how much trouble the Democrat party really is in.
The Democrats are in trouble in a nation where a republican FBI director can interfere and throw the election to the other party and go unpunished. And the opponents can beat their chests and shout about how great they are, when that unethical sabotage is the only reason their candidate got the electoral majority.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
People were fired up for Trump and now it is the pro Hillary people who fired up to dump Trump.

It is funny to see the flip flop. Maybe if Hillary was exciting enough to get the crowds going like Trump did we would have had a different outcome?

Trump won due to the deplorables showing up on election day and yes many of them were mad dog mean and ready to vote for big change in America.
Keep up with the deplorables BS, you'll guarantee 8 years of Trump, and a never ending stream of GOP presidents if you can't find better candidates than Hillary and stop working so hard at dividing the country.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:23 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,870,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Figured you wouldn't include the entire quote and gave it out of context. He actually said this.
“You people were vicious, violent, screaming, ‘Where’s the wall? We want the wall!’ Screaming, ‘Prison! Prison! Lock her up!’ I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?”

“But now, you’re laidback, you’re cool, you’re mellow. You’re basking in the glory of victory and we’re already getting to work,” he said.
It's from this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG5hXNgsV3A

People can watch it and determine that it is nothing as the OP states.
It's nice to see our President elect calming people down for a change.

Last edited by CAjerseychick; 12-17-2016 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Left out a word

Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 PM

736 posts, read 353,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
What do people think about Donald J Trump finally speaking the truth and not over exaggerating?

While in Florida last night, Trump gave the following description of his supporters at a rally by saying they: "were vicious violent, screaming, 'we want the wall,' screaming 'prison, prison, lock her up!' You were going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious."
Like Waldo point out, you failed to fully quote Trump and cherry picked only parts that fit your agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections