Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 07:02 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Nobody lives in the ocean...
About 75 to 100 million people live in the oceans on that map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 07:12 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,377,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Hey cheif....those "islands" contain roughly 80% of the US population.....
No Chief they don't, not even close. Those "islands" contain roughly HALF of the US population and that's why you lost. You ignored and alienated half the country in "flyover" America and still can't grasp how you lost.

Quote:
52% of the US population voted against him.
No it didn't, I thought you liberals were supposed to be educated? Half of the US population didn't even vote at all. 52% of voters voted against Hillary no matter how you want to spin it. Hillary got more popular votes, which don't count, Trump got more electoral votes which do count.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:27 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,962,148 times
Quote:
I am well aware of how the electoral college works as well as the history behind it.....

Just stating a fact. 52% of US voters did not vote for Trump.
Tough! He is going to be President. Not Hillary thank goodness. Now go to your safe place it's going to be a rough 4 years for you.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:45 PM

610 posts, read 534,076 times
Thanks for the map, it really shows how isolated ( and insulated) the Clinton/democrat vote is---the coasts (where I unfortunately live) and islands of majority black and Indian population. It's almost frightening how this division has occurred.

And incidentally, to those who contend that Clinton got the majority of the vote--you're wrong--she got 48.1%.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:05 PM

6,382 posts, read 5,507,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No Chief they don't, not even close. Those "islands" contain roughly HALF of the US population and that's why you lost. You ignored and alienated half the country in "flyover" America and still can't grasp how you lost.

No it didn't, I thought you liberals were supposed to be educated? Half of the US population didn't even vote at all. 52% of voters voted against Hillary no matter how you want to spin it. Hillary got more popular votes, which don't count, Trump got more electoral votes which do count.
Lots of assumptions/accusations here....

"I" didn't lose....I wasn't running for president; or any political office for that matter.

52% of voters did vote against Trump....52% also voted against Hilary. More people did vote for Hilary than Trump. I realize that isn't what counts in the electoral college....but that doesn't make it an inaccurate statement. More people voted against Trump than for him...and more people voted for Hilary than for Trump. These are facts. I respect the electoral college and wish more people had an understanding of it. That doesn't make the other facts irrelevant though....no matter how much you want to dismiss it. It doesn't mean Hilary " really won" but it does mean that Trump isn't the president that most American voters wanted.

"you liberals"....pretty brazen. Have you ever met me? Do you assume I'm a liberal because I didn't vote for DJT? lots of people didn't vote for DJT...again over half of US voters. FTR I voted with a Republican ballot in the primaries (for Rubio...who no doubt would have beat Hilary or Sanders in popular and electoral vote without acting a narcissistic buffoon with the twitter habits of an angsty high-schooler)

Old 12-19-2016, 08:13 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
or a puppy to cuddle? a safety pin? Play Doh? Coloring Books?

LOL. These snowflakes are hilarious.

I have some extra thick and hearty hot cocoa and some form-fitting extra-padded diapers, if you Hillary Lovers would care for some?

Old 12-19-2016, 08:20 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Tough! He is going to be President. Not Hillary thank goodness. Now go to your safe place it's going to be a rough 4 years for you.
It only matters to each and every "Extremely Happy Trump Voter" ------>.<--------that they voted for the Donald Trump and he WON! Like Metallica says, "Nothing else matters" and it really does not matter .....(no matter what the cry babies have tried to do to block this amazing results of the election) since the day we WON!

Old 12-19-2016, 08:23 PM

772 posts, read 391,198 times
So true!

Puts a different perspective on who actually won the election. Sorry Dems!

Old 12-20-2016, 03:38 PM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:
Hey cheif....those "islands" contain roughly 80% of the US population.....

We vtoe by Sttae !

Old 12-20-2016, 03:52 PM

9,373 posts, read 14,327,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Trump won corn fields and Clinton won economic centers. Good to know.

There are no economic centers without corn fields. Good to know.

The several States, United by the Constitution, and their elections systems, plural, are about sovereignties, plural, and balance of power.

And that's what we get every two, four, eight years, through no merit of our own - we stand on the shoulders of giants -, whether we like it or not.

Some 225 years now, it ain't broke, no need to fix it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections