Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 06:10 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello shooter View Post
The illegal criminal behavior aided and abetted by the soulless ghouls of avarice needs to be stopped!
Already happened. Hillary lost.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:11 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Are any reporters even asking why threats against electors aren't being investigated by some law enforcement group? I find this to be unconscionable.
Obama's "justice department" doesn't investigate anything that Obama doesn't want them to investigate.

We'll just have to wait for Trump's selection for attorney general -- Jeff Sessions -- to become AG.

Can't happen soon enough.

Obama, Hillary, Bill, Loretta, Eric -- handcuffs are coming for you.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:18 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,714,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Obama's "justice department" doesn't investigate anything that Obama doesn't want them to investigate.

We'll just have to wait for Trump's selection for attorney general -- Jeff Sessions -- to become AG.

That would be incredible. I don't see it though, i think they're going to let these people ride off into the sunset and try and play the 'out of sight out of mind' card, Trump wants to win for the country, build and create and not get involved into petty politics and if he's 'jailing' these people, its going to appear that he's doing it as political revenge when we all know that wouldn't be the case, people who break laws need to be punished and if we don't punish them, we are saying the laws are different for different people, if you have some above the law, its hard to say you're a 'law and order' candidate. Time will tell.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:24 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,233,897 times
I believe that these threats are being investigated or at least being kept track of for a future date when something can be done about it.

They (MSM) won't talk about the investigations publically because they want to softly condone it so it keeps happening.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
That would be incredible. I don't see it though, i think they're going to let these people ride off into the sunset and try and play the 'out of sight out of mind' card, Trump wants to win for the country, build and create and not get involved into petty politics and if he's 'jailing' these people, its going to appear that he's doing it as political revenge when we all know that wouldn't be the case, people who break laws need to be punished and if we don't punish them, we are saying the laws are different for different people, if you have some above the law, its hard to say you're a 'law and order' candidate. Time will tell.
The attorney general is supposed to be independent of the president.

So when Sessions goes after Hillary, Bill and Obama, Trump can say that he had nothing to do with it.

Obama used the justice department as a political weapon to obstruct justice, aided and abetted by Lynch and Holder.

Trump won't be doing that.

Sessions -- I trust -- will apply the law equally to everyone.

Which means that Obama, Hillary, etc. won't be getting a special pass -- other than to the Big House where they belong!

Old 12-19-2016, 06:30 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,714,453 times
Quote:
The attorney general is supposed to be independent of the president.

So when Sessions goes after Hill, Bill and Obama, Trump can say that he had nothing to do with it.

Obama used the justice department as a political weapon to obstruct justice, aided and abetted by Lynch and Holder.

Trump won't be doing that. Sessions -- I trust -- will apply the law equally to everyone.

Which means that Obama, Hillary, etc. won't be getting a special pass -- other than to the Big House where they belong.
I agree, but you know the media will spin this that trump is going after hillary for political revenge, even if technically sessions is separate. I hope you're right and he goes after them after all this hubbub dies down. I think once Trump is officially the president, the narrative might change a little bit and he can fix some things while Sessions tries to stick the cartel in jail.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I agree, but you know the media will spin this that trump is going after hillary for political revenge, even if technically sessions is separate. I hope you're right and he goes after them after all this hubbub dies down. I think once Trump is officially the president, the narrative might change a little bit and he can fix some things while Sessions tries to stick the cartel in jail.
You're right that the media will put pressure on Trump and falsely accuse him of personally going after Hillary and Obama for revenge.

That's when we'll find out what Trump is really made of.

I would be very disappointed if Trump meddled and demanded that his AG did nothing.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:24 AM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Quote:

This. What if it was the Sierra Club, Black Lives Matter, etc. that was threatened?

The DOJ, F.B.I., etc. should be on this like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat with a limp and a rib bone in its mouth.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:28 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Loretta Lynch is a race huckster who has little concern for much anything else except for maybe protecting the criminal Hillary Clinton.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Because none of the news stories where the electors speak of receiving threats mention the threats are being investigated. So, I'm wondering if I'm just not reading the ones that do. The Washington Post calls the threateners, "concerned voters."
Well - the one Republican who refuses to vote for Trump - will be casting his vote with armed protection today.

So . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections