Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 06:04 PM

524 posts, read 361,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
.... and I thank the 2 Electors from Texas who did the right thing and voted to stop Trump, the most unqualified and morally compromised candidate in the history of the nation. Good to see there are some conservatives with principles and integrity.
and your candidate couldn't beat him.....what does that say about your candidate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 06:05 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They did in WA. CA and OR haven't voted yet, but what happens there doesn't really matter.
Do these idiots understand that Hillary Clinton gets their votes .... and "faithless" means they don't vote for the Presumptive (failed) Queen?

Of course they don't.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:23 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
.... and I thank the 2 Electors from Texas who did the right thing and voted to stop Trump, the most unqualified and morally compromised candidate in the history of the nation. Good to see there are some conservatives with principles and integrity.
If you think Trump at the worst you imagine him to be is the most ... well, all of those things things ... then you should look at history more. There are quite a few presidents in the 1800's that were pretty astoundingly corrupt, unprepared and downright useless.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:30 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Default Great Day For America......And The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Congrats President Trump
Yeah, baby!!!!

Old 12-19-2016, 06:30 PM

610 posts, read 533,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Does this mean Martin Sheen and the others just wasted millions on a commercial that bore nothing in the end? Kind of like the millions spent disputing the votes?

Only Democrats can spend so much to get so little.

It's settled. Get used to it....at least for 4, long years.....
Actually it did accomplish something--it showed millions of Americans how greedy, self-centered, ignorant and borderline treasonous the extreme left is. And it will sway many middle-of-the-road voters (like myself) away from anything at all to do with the Dem party at any level. So I'd say they helped put another nail in the coffin of that despicable political party that has been corrupt for its entire existence going back to Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:34 PM

610 posts, read 533,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Another Fun fact is Biden gets to announce the winner on Jan 6.

Poor Joe, that could have been you.
Ok will we now have a push on Biden to miscount votes, throw out "ineligible" votes or otherwise cook this? The leftists in la-la land are probably already considering this.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:00 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
and your candidate couldn't beat him.....what does that say about your candidate?

That was always my response when someone said Trump was an idiot/moron/buffoon/unqualified/joke candidate and on and on and on.....

All these stated negative qualities, and your nominee couldn't beat him ? Seriously ? And he's the idiot ?

I have a brother in law just like that. He's 50 something, and has had 20 or 25 different jobs in his life. He works until he realizes what an idiot/moron he's working for, and how stupid the boss/owner is...and so he quits. I used to think him just unlucky to always find idiots for bosses, until one day I thought, you keep telling me the boss/owner of the small business is an idiot, but he's living in a far nicer house then you, driving a far nicer car than you, has owned a profitable business for 20 years, and here you are, telling him he's doing it all wrong....so you quit and are now unemployed ? I guess you sure showed him!

I don't think losing a presidential election to the likes of Donald Trump and his "deplorables" would be something I'd list on my resume....lol. Although, it does show that you're a very hard worker, because as an established and entrenched politician who knows all the right powerful people and had their support.....losing to Donald J Trump is something you'd really have to try hard to pull off. No one said it would be easy. You earned your loss the old fashioned way, you worked hard for it.

It does appear that all the liberal cries for electors to vote their conscience did in fact work for some. Trouble for HRC is that she ended up losing more electors that were pledged to her, than Trump did with electors that were pledged to him. Kind of like in Wisconsin where a vote recount was demanded by anti-trump forces and Trump ended up gaining votes in the recount...lol.

If I were a liberal I think I'd stop asking for, or demanding things.....because whatever they ask for, or demand, seems to end up blowing up in their faces and coming out 180 degrees different than they wanted.

Truth be told, the last 6 months have been surreal. The liberals have been self destructing for months now. Everything they try, backfires. Every lie they tell they get caught at. Everything they have thrown at trump, bounces back and ends up hitting them in the head and knocking them on their ass. Every pre November 8th smirk on their faces has now turned into pain and anguish, every wish for his self-destruction has seemingly made him even stronger and more determined. It's almost like the liberals are experiencing instant Karma, whatever bad things they wish on Trump unexpectedly come back at them twice as bad.

Last edited by jasper1372; 12-19-2016 at 07:41 PM..

Old 12-19-2016, 07:08 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
It's official.

36 of the 38 Electors in Texas voted for Trump
1 voted for Ron Paul
1 voted for John Kaisch
One of those faithless voters was a fraud, but the media ballyhooed the guy and gave him lots of national publicity.
He claimed in his resume he was a first responder when 9/11 happened (false). He also said he refused to vote for Trump on moral grounds (a married father of three going through bankruptcy, he signed up for the Ashley Carter adultery website).
A real gem. I think Texas should vet its electors more thoroughly.

It's pretty awesome that she is denied winning the Electoral College vote on the same day her husband was impeached 18 years ago.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:18 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm not sick of winning yet. One more step to getting rid of Obama. That's huge win.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:52 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
They did in WA. CA and OR haven't voted yet, but what happens there doesn't really matter.
Yep. Yet we've had to hear ad nauseam about Hillary's popular vote margin in California.

Any idea what the record number of different people......

1. Candidates who ran and actually got at least 1 electoral vote

2. Plus adding protest votes for:

A.. Candidates (3rd+++ party candidates who got zero electoral votes, and primary participants who didn't get the party nomination),
B. People (like the tribal elder/Chief in WA state) who didn't run

......getting votes from electors is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections