Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 04:09 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,787,593 times

Advertisements

1 Elector voted for Ron Paul! LOL

What that guy started, got us Donald Trump and the anti-establishment sentiment, throughout the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 04:31 PM

30,440 posts, read 23,894,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

What that guy started, got us Donald Trump and the anti-establishment sentiment, throughout the nation.
Yeessss!!!

This is what so many did not/do not understand. You are exactly right.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:45 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,759,280 times
You know.

He did better than JEB who spent $150M on the election.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:55 PM

Ron Paul is the GODFATHER of the anti-Establishment movement, started long ago. The MSM silenced him so much, that it took awhile for his message of bad people in the world, to sink in.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You know.

He did better than JEB who spent $150M on the election.
Ya he did! Ron Paul was what we needed in 2008

Old 12-20-2016, 04:25 AM

9,448 posts, read 14,398,550 times
Quote:
Ya he did! Ron Paul was what we needed in 2008
I wrote in Ron Paul in 2008. In my view, his biggest contribution was stigmatizing that there is something seriously wrong with our monetary system, even though most of his proposed solutions were naïve.

Still, no one else has addressed the issue, and we have been grinding gears and treading water since then. And he did contribute to the Constitutional balance of power which helped prevent the political and economic situation from tipping over to a point of no return.

On the other hand, he has a lot of support from young libertarians whose ideology I view as childish, and so it was cute to see that he got one electoral vote this year, some eight years too late and 269 too short, but - here we are today - still emblematic of the useful part of his contribution.

Thanks, Ron!

Old 12-21-2016, 06:10 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,968,255 times
Quote:
Ron Paul is the GODFATHER of the anti-Establishment movement, started long ago. The MSM silenced him so much, that it took awhile for his message of bad people in the world, to sink in.
You got that right.
Ron Paul is a hero.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:14 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,765,007 times
Quote:

Trump is a very different animal from Ron Paul, but some of what Paul stands for finds it's way into the Trump Revolution. If Trump has any hope to deliver on his campaign promises, he's certainly not going to be shrinking the size of the federal government -- though I do hope I'm wrong there.

If I'd had my choice, Rand Paul would have been the GOP nominee. He isn't his father, but he's a lot closer to it than anyone else that ran for the GOP nomination this year.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I wrote in Ron Paul in 2008. In my view, his biggest contribution was stigmatizing that there is something seriously wrong with our monetary system, even though most of his proposed solutions were naïve.

Still, no one else has addressed the issue, and we have been grinding gears and treading water since then. And he did contribute to the Constitutional balance of power which helped prevent the political and economic situation from tipping over to a point of no return.

On the other hand, he has a lot of support from young libertarians whose ideology I view as childish, and so it was cute to see that he got one electoral vote this year, some eight years too late and 269 too short, but - here we are today - still emblematic of the useful part of his contribution.

Thanks, Ron!

Ron Paul, a Statesman. Started the anti-Establishment movement, he coined Taxed Enough Already(TEA)
Building and building on the truth to cut right through the distortions, the real Constitution was exposed from what government has told us it is for so long.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:21 PM

10,221 posts, read 7,641,656 times
Quote:

He voted for RAND Paul. Who is not anti-establishment. He's a traditional Republican in many ways, with a libertarian streak.

I am guessing he was named after Ayn Rand (Paul Ryan's hero).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections