Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 04:43 AM

451 posts, read 237,165 times

Advertisements

The actors made passionate pleas to the electors to change their vote.....to vote for anyone but Trump.

So what happens? The electors listened! Five of Hillary's electors defected and two of Trump's.

You can't make this stuff up.

So Hollywood....you were successful! Congratulations!

Please Hollywood....I beg you...come out again in 4 years and spew your garbage about Trump.

Because all you are doing is guaranteeing his re election in 2020!

Thank you Hollywood!

Old 12-20-2016, 05:36 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,923,583 times
Those actors are no different than all of us on this forum.........they simply were exercising their right to free speech. You were just able to do the same, so why shouldn't they be able to do it ?

I realize you guys would prefer we go away or be silent, but we are not. This is our America too, and, like it or not, we haven't had our rights taken away quite yet. We get it, you like him. We do not, and are going to make sure we watch and critique him every step of the way.

One thing you have to ask yourselves is, why are so many people so strongly opposed to Donald Trump ? We have never seen so many people this upset in any election. Could it be because we are seeing something all of you are overlooking ? All you have to go on right now is what he said in the campaign. The real proof is going to be what he does after Jan 20. At that time we will have something concrete to discuss. Until then , it is just post game cheering and booing.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:45 AM

6,800 posts, read 3,411,447 times
Did anyone notice that most of these Hollywood people were washed-up has-beens? I mean, Martin Sheen? Really? The guy that raised a drug addict imbecile of a son and hasn't had a good leading role in over 10 years?

I don't believe for one second that these Hollywood people ever thought they could flip the electors. They did what they did to get some attention for themselves and assuage their over-sized egos.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:50 AM

6,800 posts, read 3,411,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I realize you guys would prefer we go away or be silent, but we are not. This is our America too, and, like it or not, we haven't had our rights taken away quite yet.
  1. Nobody wants you to go away or be silent. It's more a matter of acting like rational people.
  2. Yes, it is your America, too. Be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
  3. Nobody is taking anything away from you. Turn off CNN. The sky is not falling.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:01 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,292,056 times
Quote:
Those actors are no different than all of us on this forum.........they simply were exercising their right to free speech. You were just able to do the same, so why shouldn't they be able to do it ?

I realize you guys would prefer we go away or be silent, but we are not. This is our America too, and, like it or not, we haven't had our rights taken away quite yet. We get it, you like him. We do not, and are going to make sure we watch and critique him every step of the way.

One thing you have to ask yourselves is, why are so many people so strongly opposed to Donald Trump ? We have never seen so many people this upset in any election. Could it be because we are seeing something all of you are overlooking ? All you have to go on right now is what he said in the campaign. The real proof is going to be what he does after Jan 20. At that time we will have something concrete to discuss. Until then , it is just post game cheering and booing.
One thing YOU have to ask YOURSELVES is, why are so many people so strongly supportive of him? The liberal fatal flaw is you only see things from your own narrow point of view. You hate Trump so much you cannot allow yourself to consider why others like him. I hope this attitude doesn't change, it is why we won the election.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:03 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,292,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Did anyone notice that most of these Hollywood people were washed-up has-beens? I mean, Martin Sheen? Really? The guy that raised a drug addict imbecile of a son and hasn't had a good leading role in over 10 years?

I don't believe for one second that these Hollywood people ever thought they could flip the electors. They did what they did to get some attention for themselves and assuage their over-sized egos.
They are attention whores and will do anything to get on camera.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:04 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,048,278 times
I wouldn't exactly call them "elite".

They certainly are amusing, though.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:57 AM

1,185 posts, read 808,108 times
With all the Hollywood elites backing Hillary, no wonder she lost. How can she relate to the common American when she is always surrounded by these elites?

Old 12-20-2016, 08:10 AM

9,448 posts, read 14,398,550 times
Quote:
Granted, however if such people have any influence at all, it is with gullible, starry-eyed young people, so easily deceived, and that's about it.

Clearly the bulk of the electorate knows that such people, including sports figures, are for entertainment purposes only and what they have to say about serious issues matters not one whit and not one wit; beyond entertainment, they and their opinions have no value.

No value and no values: out of touch indeed, perfect representatives of Bill Clinton's wife, moneyed, yes, but valueless and worthless to salt-of-the-earth human beings, oh yeah, those deplorables.

FU and Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
... these Hollywood people ... did what they did to get some attention for themselves and assuage their over-sized egos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
They are attention whores and will do anything to get on camera ... I hope this attitude doesn't change, it is why we won the election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

They certainly are amusing ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
With all the Hollywood elites backing Hillary, no wonder she lost. How can she relate to the common American when she is always surrounded by these elites?

Old 12-20-2016, 08:18 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,979,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia;46563270[B
]I wouldn't exactly call them "elite".[/b]

They certainly are amusing, though.

What I call them I can't put in print here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections