Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 01:35 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,531,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dirty87 View Post
Are you serious?

You want me to pull up all the threads started by Dems the last 8 yrs where they blamed Bush? I can't tell is you are actually serious.

REALLY?!?
wow, for some "come lately" who just registered Dec 2016, you've really hit the ground running with your posts - entertaining. wish you were here 18 months ago like the rest of us when things were really interesting.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 04:08 PM

12,970 posts, read 13,718,310 times
The noise that the stock market is making is that sucking sound that our 401K's and retirement plans will invest in. The fat cats will pull out like a thief in the night and leave another generation of Americans hanging. Myself I am kind of a bottom feeder so I am waiting for the glut of used cars. Everyone will think happy days are here again and the first thing they do is trade in a perfectly fine automobile because the 2018 models are available.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:11 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,726,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The noise that the stock market is making is that sucking sound that our 401K's and retirement plans will invest in. The fat cats will pull out like a thief in the night and leave another generation of Americans hanging. Myself I am kind of a bottom feeder so I am waiting for the glut of used cars. Everyone will think happy days are here again and the first thing they do is trade in a perfectly fine automobile because the 2018 models are available.
Irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Many people including pundits on TV clearly stated that the markets would crash if Trump was elected.

It didn't happen.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:14 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,349,360 times
Finally got a president who knows what's best for American people. Hail Trump

Old 12-21-2016, 04:16 PM

F
Quote:
Agree.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:18 PM

30,372 posts, read 23,840,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
So, we all agree that we're going to use the Markets to keep score? I remember in 2009, the right started out using the Major Indicies, but when they went up they moved the goal posts. Remember?
Mark me down as "no". I am not going to use the markets to keep score. Anything can happen.

These are what I will use to keep score:

Did Trump get us jobs back? And not just a few, a lot.

Did Trump keep his promise about illegal immigration?

Did Trump do everything that he could to keep this country safe? Bearing in mind, we could already have silent homegrowns just waiting.

Under a Trump presidency, will we have better health care plans?

Under a Trump presidency, will we get rid of NAFTA and TPP?

Under a Trump presidency, will we fix the Social Security problem?

Under a Trump presidency, will the overbloat of people on welfare go back to working and paying their own way?

If he fails to do at least 3 of those, I will vote him out next election.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:44 AM

12,970 posts, read 13,718,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Many people including pundits on TV clearly stated that the markets would crash if Trump was elected.

It didn't happen.
It's irrelevant to equate the stock market to anything outside of the market itself. I would be inclined to attribute the market's climb to its momentum and whatever Janet Yellen said.They will probably run up energy stocks because there are a lot of fat cats who have been waiting a long time to dump them on Trump voters, their ship has come in. And speaking of momentum the momentum of energy won't be reversed for the long term. But go ahead give your money to billionaires I'm sure they will give it right back.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
It's irrelevant to equate the stock market to anything outside of the market itself. I would be inclined to attribute the market's climb to its momentum and whatever Janet Yellen said.
Well that is what the pundits on the MSM and many here did.

I agree. It was yet another claimed made against Trump that turned out to be 100% wrong.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
It's irrelevant to equate the stock market to anything outside of the market itself. I would be inclined to attribute the market's climb to its momentum and whatever Janet Yellen said.
If Trumpy causes a trade war, I can see many American businesses struggling with export sales and hurting their earnings.

One could argue that import taxes would likely hurt big box stores, automobile manufacturers, and a variety of other businesses (if he follows his threat to impose a tax on all incoming products).

If he follows up on his campaign promises he could send the market into a tailspin.

But who knows? He's backtracked already on several of his promises and he hasn't even taken office.

Time will tell. His presidency if 4 long years. A lot of damage could be done. Country is also influenced by world markets as well.

The November DJIA increase is all speculative and not a result of anything Trump has implemented (irrational exuberance).

To give him credit for today's DJIA level discredits the real reasons for the recovery since 2008.

http://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow-...-last-10-years

Old 12-22-2016, 04:00 AM

Yet another prediction that was proved 100% wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Looks like if Trump wins we can expect it to kick off with a massive stock drop. No idea if it will be permanent damage or not if he wins. I am surprised at how significant the drop is in the stock futures. This shows how much danger Trump represents.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...UvM/story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections