Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 02:16 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,251,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
In an earlier post, I said immigration issues aside...

One reason I did not vote for Hilary.

My point in the post above, to which you respond here, is that it is WHITE HOUSE policy what happens to our environmental resources. There is a LOT more to with this issue than immigration, which is all that is being focused on by the right. They LOVE to trample the downtrodden (i.e., immigrants as scapegoats). Join with other nations to address the immigration/refugee problem, it is a GLOBAL issue.
Most of my life I was a Democrat. You have to be able to look at our own faults and make 'adjustments'. That is where Trump comes in; he campaigned for America (you know; the working people that the Democrats turned their backs to). As far as the WH controlling our natural resources; is this what you meant: Shock Report: Obama Openly Breaks Undemocratic Record On Way Out! My sister is on our local planning commission. She told me that, just this summer, the EPA regulations doubled. If I buy a property in my township it will cost me over $50K just to subdivide (if I wanted to build a second house for a child). It is expensive enough to build. Permits for your sewage can be over $2K and then the system itself is very expensive. All of this 'distracts' from a healthy economic recovery.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:17 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,717,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No one has any concerns for Hillary?
HINT: Hilliary isn't the president-elect. That ship has sailed. Why are you still upset over her? Get over it. The rest of us have moved on and are examining the issues (both good and bad) that attend the incoming administration.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:22 PM

22,539 posts, read 12,111,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
HINT: Hilliary isn't the president-elect. That ship has sailed. Why are you still upset over her? Get over it. The rest of us have moved on and are examining the issues (both good and bad) that attend the incoming administration.
Yeah, sure you've moved on/sarcasm.

Where did I say I was upset over her? The person that I responded to had concerns over Trump. I merely asked if s/he had similar concerns about your gal, Hillary. Your non-answer to the question that I didn't ask you speaks volumes

Old 12-30-2016, 06:35 PM

22,539 posts, read 12,111,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
In an earlier post, I said immigration issues aside...

One reason I did not vote for Hilary.

My point in the post above, to which you respond here, is that it is WHITE HOUSE policy what happens to our environmental resources. There is a LOT more to with this issue than immigration, which is all that is being focused on by the right. They LOVE to trample the downtrodden (i.e., immigrants as scapegoats). Join with other nations to address the immigration/refugee problem, it is a GLOBAL issue.
That is pure nonsense.

Adding people to our population be they legal immigrants or illegal aliens, is an environmental concern. I love how liberals who wring their hands over the environment and green living are nothing but hypocrites. You do realize hyper immigration and illegal immigration does tax our natural resources, no? We don't have unlimited natural resources like potable water and buildable land. Every day illegals trample over fragile desert eco-systems yet if the BP goes after them, the BP gets fined by the Department of the Interior while the illegals get off scot-free. Yet liberals turn a blind eye to this. Why do we engage in so much fracking? Answer: because natural gas is needed to accommodate a rapidly growing population. Why do we drill for oil---same answer. You can't wring your hands over issues like this while wanting the border to remain unsecured and want amnesty for all illegals.

Even the Sierra Club are hypocrites when it comes to this issue:

The sell out of the Sierra Club by Carl Pope | Californians For Population Stabilization

From the link:

“But the biggest donation the Sierra Club ever received is the one that altered it forever. In 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed a $100 million gift made by investor David Gelbaum. Unfortunately for environmentalists, Gelbaum’s money came with the string attached that the club never speak out against or try to limit immigration into the United States no matter how obvious it became that adding more people has severe ecological consequences.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:59 AM

63,299 posts, read 29,383,152 times
Quote:
That is pure nonsense.

Adding people to our population be they legal immigrants or illegal aliens, is an environmental concern. I love how liberals who wring their hands over the environment and green living are nothing but hypocrites. You do realize hyper immigration and illegal immigration does tax our natural resources, no? We don't have unlimited natural resources like potable water and buildable land. Every day illegals trample over fragile desert eco-systems yet if the BP goes after them, the BP gets fined by the Department of the Interior while the illegals get off scot-free. Yet liberals turn a blind eye to this. Why do we engage in so much fracking? Answer: because natural gas is needed to accommodate a rapidly growing population. Why do we drill for oil---same answer. You can't wring your hands over issues like this while wanting the border to remain unsecured and want amnesty for all illegals.

The sell out of the Sierra Club by Carl Pope | Californians For Population Stabilization

From the link:

“But the biggest donation the Sierra Club ever received is the one that altered it forever. In 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed a $100 million gift made by investor David Gelbaum. Unfortunately for environmentalists, Gelbaum’s money came with the string attached that the club never speak out against or try to limit immigration into the United States no matter how obvious it became that adding more people has severe ecological consequences.

Thanks for posting this. I read that article a long time ago and it shows what hypocrites the members of the Sierra Club are.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:01 AM

63,299 posts, read 29,383,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post

Right, and the lefties and liberals aren't constantly posting showing how upset they are about Trump's win? They sure aren't moving on.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:09 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,251,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Right, and the lefties and liberals aren't constantly posting showing how upset they are about Trump's win? They sure aren't moving on.
They prefer WWIII over truthful emails that acknowledged the fact they turned their backs on American workers! The truth is their only enemy and they will sacrifice all sustainable life on the face of the planet to keep Americans from hearing the truth. They are environmentalist only when it fits their cause!

Old 12-31-2016, 09:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,269,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You are right about one thing. Trump never did this for the money he would make as President. He did it because he is a narcissistic ego driven megalomaniac. You can see that in every pronouncement he makes on Twitter, on every life choice he has ever made. He has ZERO interest in you or I or the future prosperity of America, this is just a game to him.
Yes, Trump has a huge ego driven attitude, and thats exactly why I expect him to succeed. he has ZERO interest in going down in history as a failure, like our current President..

Old 12-31-2016, 12:55 PM

16,042 posts, read 22,018,024 times
Quote:
That is pure nonsense.

From the link:

If it's a population issue, why the traditional Republican attack on Planned Parenthood and abortions?

And whoever said that the "Sierra Club" is the legitimate watchdog for the environment? That is a joke.

And why do you ASSUME that all liberals, just because they are liberals (who automatically have to have the directly opposite view of the rightwingers, right? ) are against massive numbers of illegal immigrants?

As many of us *assume* the worst in the upcoming administration, you and others here have fallen into the trap of *assuming* only ONE profile of progressives ("liberals" is such a stupid word, it implies that we let our kids get away with hell with without consequences).

Old 12-31-2016, 01:04 PM

16,042 posts, read 22,018,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
They prefer WWIII over truthful emails that acknowledged the fact they turned their backs on American workers! The truth is their only enemy and they will sacrifice all sustainable life on the face of the planet to keep Americans from hearing the truth. They are environmentalist only when it fits their cause!
Trump will continually throw a bone here and there to "American workers." It will not be yuge, probably no yuger than the skimpy number of new jobs reported under Obama. "Back to work" does not mean NEW JOBS in new manufacturing sectors.

Maybe he'll save 750 jobs in various manufacturing plants that WOULD be better produced (economically) overseas. We need new manufacturing sectors. We have the tech expertise in these new sectors, why not put it to use instead of depending on the dinosaur age of manufacturing small-time goods?

If it were REALLY about "jobs," Trump would be looking to new, clean, sustainable and responsible energy sources that we can create within our own country without depending on MidEast oil.

And, if there are no Republicans respecting the dangers to the air we breathe and the water we drink, and the dangers of a nuclear power landscape, then I'd have to classify them all as Neanderthals. Fortunately I choose to believe that there ARE Republicans who are smart and who have an intelligent grasp on realities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections