Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:52 PM

16,042 posts, read 22,018,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Donald Trump just told people what they wanted to hear in order to get votes. If he cuts job training programs, it won't be pretty.
"GOP extols worker training, then slashes funding

"....the air was filled with promises to help American workers keep pace with a changing world. Days after, the Senate Appropriations Committee approved new Republican cuts from funding for adult education and worker training — programs the GOP had embraced just a year ago."

—Politico

Old 12-21-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
His agenda ?? give him a chance as we gave Obama before you start criticizing him
Did you not hear enough presidential debates to understand the candidates' agendas?

Have faith that those agendas will change? Give him a chance to start carrying them out?

Oh.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,187,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh well. I certainly won't feel sorry for them if they voted for their own demise.
Same here. The birther in chief had/has a reputation that preceded him for all to see. They didn't believe him when he showed them who he really is, so let them wallow in whatever muck he and his cronies dish out.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:08 PM

22,539 posts, read 12,111,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Come on, Bos. The extremists in his Cabinet would be laughable if they weren't so radical and threatening.

This goes beyond the pale: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/us...rump.html?_r=0 (before you get your panties in a bunch, this was also reported in the conservative press)

LOL and shame on Trump.
Come on, River. I asked you who do you think should be on his cabinet. Instead, you just come back with a NYT link. That doesn't answer my question.

ETA: The article was all about global warming and a potential cabinet member who doesn't believe in it. That said, the following excerpt tells me that Obama is a hypocrite on this issue.

At the heart of Mr. Obama’s efforts to tackle climate change are a collection of E.P.A. regulations aimed at forcing power plants to significantly reduce their emissions of planet-warming carbon dioxide pollution. Mr. Trump cannot unilaterally cancel the rules, which were released under the 1970 Clean Air Act. But a legally experienced E.P.A. chief could substantially weaken, delay or slowly take them apart

-------------------------------------
If Obama was so concerned about global warming, then why didn't he secure the border? Why did he encourage more illegal immigration by dictating DACA? Then emboldened, he tried to dictate DAPA. Several states sued him over it and the Circuit Court sided with the states and issued an injunction against DAPA. Obama thumbed his nose at the injunction and kept doing DAPA until he was caught---then he stopped.

If he was so concerned about "emissions" and carbon footprints, then allowing 1 million legal immigrants into this country per year and untold numbers of illegals shows him to be a hypocrite.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:10 PM

50,549 posts, read 47,374,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Oh no, the liberals make another anti-Trump prediction... I guess they didn't realize the election is already over and same BS that was said earlier in the year is the SAME BS that you liberals are peddling right now... #crybaby...
I'm selling safe spaces on the side.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Come on, River. I asked you who do you think should be on his cabinet. Instead, you just come back with a NYT link. That doesn't answer my question.
You would attack any names I would put forth, so I'm not biting.

The point to having department heads is to defend the respective departments and work on the issues, not slash and burn.

And...just out of curiosity, how the heck did neurosurgeon Carson wind up head of housing? He's eminently qualified, really? Was it not trump who redlined blacks in his early days in RE?

Perry really takes the cake, though.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:21 PM

22,539 posts, read 12,111,709 times
Quote:
You would attack any names I would put forth, so I'm not biting.

The point to having department heads is to defend the respective departments and work on the issues, not slash and burn.

And...just out of curiosity, how the heck did neurosurgeon Carson wind up head of housing? He's eminently qualified, really? Was it not trump who redlined blacks in his early days in RE?

Perry really takes the cake, though.
How do you know that I would "attack any names" that you would put forth? That's really presumptuous of you.

As for Carson---guess what? I, too, question his ability to run HUD.

As for Trump "redlining" --- sigh! This has been discussed over and over again. Right now you're just beating a dead horse with this. But...here goes --- Trump's father was running the company at the time. It was his father who made that decision. Trump's father wasn't the only company that got called out for doing so either.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,269,081 times
Quote:
"The people hit the hardest are a lot of the demographics that went heavily for Trump."

"Others who didn't take Trump literally may soon face the same dilemma. The Urban Institute estimated this month that under the partial repeal plan previously passed by Republicans in Congress, 30?million people would lose insurance,
Pre ACA we had 30 million uninsured, we still have 30 million uninsured..

Old 12-21-2016, 09:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,269,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh well. I certainly won't feel sorry for them if they voted for their own demise.
You certainly didnt mind it when voting for Obama.. you guys cheered it on..

Old 12-21-2016, 09:34 PM

18,104 posts, read 27,575,490 times
Obamacare works best if you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections