Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 10:55 AM

451 posts, read 236,353 times

Advertisements

I wondered about the Secret Service. The article said that the Secret Service was onboard the flight but allowed the airline to handle it. The cretins who did this to Ivanka should be thankful that the Secret Service did NOT intervene! It would not have been pleasant. What cowards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 10:56 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,207,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Yesterday, I read some artists were bullying Ivanka because she had their artwork hanging in her home. Demanding she remove "their" art. Calling her names.

Today, I read Ivanka is harassed on a plane, while sitting with her small children, by another Leftist bully.

This behavior is unacceptable.

If you don't like Trump, Leftists, so be it. Attacking his daughter especially while she is with her small children is cruel. I am becoming more and more disdainful of the Progressives and I'm positive I'm not alone.

The behavior was totally inappropriate, and he and spouse deserved to be thrown off.

I would say in the man's favor that he did not grab her in the crotch, which her father has indicated is fair play with women. So, in that sense at least, she was fortunate.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:56 AM

19,656 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I am surprised she was on a public flight, and it didn't look like first class. Come on , I'm a worker bee and at the least try to fly first class.

Maybe, just maybe she can be kind of a normal person too, not a total elite snob afraid to be around regular people. Now she may be afraid thanks to these doofs. They are lawyers so why are they not in first class? The article says most people take that Jet Blue flight from NY to Palm Beach.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:00 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,541,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's not the same difference. Being personally bullied in public when you are travelling or doing events is not the same as someone bad mouthing you on the internet. I can't remember news stories about Michelle being bullied in public while she was going about her business.
To be comparable, it would be the Obama's children being attacked, not the first lady. The daughters have gotten away pretty much unscathed. Well, except when caught smoking a joint and twerking and showing her butt in public. And taking a year off to party before starting college.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:03 AM

451 posts, read 236,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
1. She should probably fly 1st class

OR

2. Get used to this sort of thing.

3. Her husband is a complete wuss saying/doing nothing to the guy talking to Ivanka

4. The husband is cheaper than dirt being a billionaire and flying JetBlue coach.
Funny how your comments are all directed at Ivanka and her family and not one comment toward the cretins who harassed her and her family.
Her husband realized that the two were cretins.
The lesson is that you NEVER act in a disruptive manner on any flight.
Whatever happened to love TRUMPS hate?

Old 12-22-2016, 11:21 AM

29,520 posts, read 14,684,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Maybe, just maybe she can be kind of a normal person too, not a total elite snob afraid to be around regular people. Now she may be afraid thanks to these doofs. They are lawyers so why are they not in first class? The article says most people take that Jet Blue flight from NY to Palm Beach.
And, if I remember correctly....didn't she wear a $150 dress while campaigning ? Don't get me wrong, I am a supporter but still am surprised. I know I would fly private the rest of my life if I had the opportunity too. It really does say something about her.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Funny how your comments are all directed at Ivanka and her family and not one comment toward the cretins who harassed her and her family.
Her husband realized that the two were cretins.
The lesson is that you NEVER act in a disruptive manner on any flight.
Whatever happened to love TRUMPS hate?
They were thrown off the plane, so there isn't a whole lot you or I can do about it. Yes, people are not always nice to others, especially in NYC, and I stand by my comments. Jared is a coward for letting it happen, and if they are billionaires what are they doing flying coach. If they can't take it, then fly 1st class.

You'll never hear me say things like "love trumps hate", so I don't know why you'd try to throw that at me.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:28 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were thrown off the plane, so there isn't a whole lot you or I can do about it. Yes, people are not always nice to others, especially in NYC, and I stand by my comments. Jared is a coward for letting it happen, and if they are billionaires what are they doing flying coach. If they can't take it, then fly 1st class.

You'll never hear me say things like "love trumps hate", so I don't know why you'd try to throw that at me.
I believe only certain Jet Blue airplanes have "first class" sections. They used to only have the more leg room seats. I have no idea what you have against flying Jet Blue. I choose to fly Jet Blue for most of my traveling by choice!

Old 12-22-2016, 11:31 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Yesterday, I read some artists were bullying Ivanka because she had their artwork hanging in her home. Demanding she remove "their" art. Calling her names.

Today, I read Ivanka is harassed on a plane, while sitting with her small children, by another Leftist bully.

This behavior is unacceptable.
As soon as I saw the headline I didn't believe the story. When does Ivanka fly coach on a commercial airline? Gimme a break!

I totally agree this behavior is unacceptable, but a woman who wears a $10,000 bracelet, whose father is the President-Elect, whose husband is a multi-billionaire, either flies on a private plane or in First Class. Sorry, I just can't buy this story and, if it happened, believe it was staged. At the very least, the story has been exaggerated.

She's also had [URL="http://time.com/4499408/ivanka-trump-donald-secret-service/"]Secret Service [/URL]protection since September.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
Michelle Obama will be flying commercial starting in about a month. Surely the people defending this outrageous behavior will have no problem with Michelle and her daughters being treated similarly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections