Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 09:54 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,887,753 times

Advertisements

I think it would hypocritical for anyone who doesn't agree with Trump or dislikes him to attend. You all SAY you don't care, so why are you b****ing about it ? You guys are going to have to come to the understanding that there are a whole bunch of people who do not think Trump has any business anywhere near the WH, more than we have ever seen in this country. Why do you think that is ?

One thing I can guarantee is that starting Jan 20th things are going to become very interesting in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 10:05 PM

32,140 posts, read 15,132,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think it would hypocritical for anyone who doesn't agree with Trump or dislikes him to attend. You all SAY you don't care, so why are you b****ing about it ? You guys are going to have to come to the understanding that there are a whole bunch of people who do not think Trump has any business anywhere near the WH, more than we have ever seen in this country. Why do you think that is ?

One thing I can guarantee is that starting Jan 20th things are going to become very interesting in America.
Yeah, it will be..... the repeal of Obamacare leaving over 11 million without insurance many who live in Republican states, vouchers for medicare and the annihilation of social security. That's just the start.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:10 PM

34,114 posts, read 17,177,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yeah, it will be..... the repeal of Obamacare leaving over 11 million without insurance many who live in Republican states, vouchers for medicare and the annihilation of social security. That's just the start.

which will improve the job market as employer mandates created the 29ers.(millions of them want FULL-time jobs)

ACA is enormously costly to employers, including those who always offered insurance to employees. Tax compliance alone, mandated by ACA, by employers typically costs $20k for a 500 employee firm offering insurance.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,975,596 times
Quote:
Good. The 11M can start paying for their own healthcare like everyone else.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:42 PM

32,140 posts, read 15,132,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Good. The 11M can start paying for their own healthcare like everyone else.
Well they do but you want to take it away from them. Do you know who pays for those who aren't insured...you do, I do. We all do who are insured. So I guess you want to take insurance away for 11 million and pay for them when they actually paid it for themselves with Obamacare.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:33 AM

20,176 posts, read 20,962,201 times
Quote:
Well they do but you want to take it away from them. Do you know who pays for those who aren't insured...you do, I do. We all do who are insured. So I guess you want to take insurance away for 11 million and pay for them when they actually paid it for themselves with Obamacare.
It will even itself out after Trump kicks out all those illegals.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,596,583 times
Default Will Obama, Clinton, & Bush attend Trump's Inauguration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So far Jimmy Carter is the only ex-President who has RSVP'd that he will be attending Trump's Inauguration. I always liked Carter. Man of honor who went on to do a lot of good things for a lot of people.

Nothing so far from the others.
  • G. H. Bush - I'll give him a pass due to age & health. (though Carter is same age) He's taken to throwing slippers at the TV when he sees Trump because of JEB.
  • Bill Clinton - Bubba would probably love to attend, but I'm betting that Hillary is threatening him. She's like that.
  • G. W Bush - Anecdotally he is rumored to really dislike JEB. So maybe will RSVP.
  • Obama - Sitting president should be there. Will he? Who knows. He and Mooch were so low class, they canceled the photo op of the two couples together when Trump & Melania visited the WH.

What do you think?

I think Trumplings will find some way to feel slighted no matter what. Losing the vote by millions has them very sensitive these days.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:41 AM

9,401 posts, read 14,350,227 times
Quote:
So far Jimmy Carter is the only ex-President who has RSVP'd that he will be attending Trump's Inauguration. I always liked Carter. Man of honor who went on to do a lot of good things for a lot of people.

• G. H. Bush - I'll give him a pass due to age & health. (though Carter is same age) He's taken to throwing slippers at the TV when he sees Trump because of JEB.
  • Bill Clinton - Bubba would probably love to attend, but I'm betting that Hillary is threatening him. She's like that.
  • G. W Bush - Anecdotally he is rumored to really dislike JEB. So maybe will RSVP.
  • Obama - Sitting president should be there. Will he? Who knows. He and Mooch were so low class, they canceled the photo op of the two couples together when Trump & Melania visited the WH.

What do you think?
I hope not. I would feel slighted if they do show up.

One of the reasons many people voted Trump is because they don't want to see any more BushClintons near the seat of power.

And Obama ... well ... Obama. Some things are better left unsaid.

I am also glad that no celebrities are attending and hopefully there will be no entertainment ... politics is already low-quality entertainment enough and we've had it up to here.

Let's just get on with executing existing laws and making certain shifts in foreign policy that we sent this executive to accomplish with as little fanfare as possible (hopefully the fake news shills in the mass media won't show up either, now that would be a dream come true).

And any new legislation that helps restore territorial integrity and legality would be a bonus.

Last edited by bale002; 12-25-2016 at 05:49 AM..

Old 12-25-2016, 06:01 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,710,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think Trumplings will find some way to feel slighted no matter what. Losing the vote by millions has them very sensitive these days.

Are you still on that? LOL Millions of illegals in California are irrelevant.

Trump will be President. Nothing you can say changes this.

BTW, care to actually address the topic?

Old 12-25-2016, 09:51 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,534,570 times
Quote:

What do you think?
G.H. I'll give him a pass also

Slick Willy, He's Grounded

G.W. 50 50 shot

Obama, He won't and will blame someone else because of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections