Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 06:37 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times

Advertisements

So far Jimmy Carter is the only ex-President who has RSVP'd that he will be attending Trump's Inauguration. I always liked Carter. Man of honor who went on to do a lot of good things for a lot of people.

Nothing so far from the others.
  • G. H. Bush - I'll give him a pass due to age & health. (though Carter is same age) He's taken to throwing slippers at the TV when he sees Trump because of JEB.
  • Bill Clinton - Bubba would probably love to attend, but I'm betting that Hillary is threatening him. She's like that.
  • G. W Bush - Anecdotally he is rumored to really dislike JEB. So maybe will RSVP.
  • Obama - Sitting president should be there. Will he? Who knows. He and Mooch were so low class, they canceled the photo op of the two couples together when Trump & Melania visited the WH.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 06:41 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,966,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So far Jimmy Carter is the only ex-President who has RSVP'd that he will be attending Trump's Inauguration. I always liked Carter. Man of honor who went on to do a lot of good things for a lot of people.

• G. H. Bush - I'll give him a pass due to age & health. (though Carter is same age) He's taken to throwing slippers at the TV when he sees Trump because of JEB.
  • Bill Clinton - Bubba would probably love to attend, but I'm betting that Hillary is threatening him. She's like that.
  • G. W Bush - Anecdotally his is rumored to really dislike JEB. So maybe will RSVP.
  • Obama - Sitting president should be there. Will he? Who knows. He and Mooch were so low class, they canceled the photo op of the two couples together when Trump & Melania visited the WH.

What do you think?

The Clinton's and Obama will be in their safe places crying their eyes out.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:57 PM

45,501 posts, read 60,734,312 times
Quote:

• G. W Bush - Anecdotally he is rumored to really dislike JEB. So maybe will RSVP.

What do you think?

I think it doesn't matter. President Obama will be there in any event. That's part of the ceremonial piece of peacefully handing over power.

GW Bush has done what ex-Presidents always did until Carter, went home and pretty much stayed out of the limelight and didn't criticize his successor. Well, Truman criticized Nixon.

Bill Clinton is just an attention *****. I doubt if anyone remembers his dragging out of the farewell ceremony at Andrews so that Bush's parade kicked off a couple hours late.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:24 PM

34,089 posts, read 17,145,875 times
Depends, in BC's case, if we only knew his intern's schedules....

Old 12-24-2016, 07:55 PM

24,543 posts, read 17,297,674 times
If those past Presidents have any class and respect for the office and the will of the people they would be there.
In Obamas case he needs to be there to ensure the "peaceful transition of power" that he and Hillary told us was so important for our democracy.. of course that is when they thought Trump was going to be the sore loser throwing a tantrum..

Old 12-24-2016, 07:59 PM

325 posts, read 154,107 times
Quote:

What do you think?
I don't care if they attend or not. Let them sit at home at pout with the rest of the lefties. Good riddance. Its a new day in America!

Old 12-24-2016, 08:02 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,587,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
I don't care if they attend or not. Let them sit at home at pout with the rest of the lefties. Good riddance. Its a new day in America!
There may be 100K or so women attending to register their "support" of our new President.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,895,162 times
Does anyone care if they do?

Old 12-24-2016, 08:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,054,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
There may be 100K or so women attending to register their "support" of our new President.
Think of all the sandwiches not being made.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:45 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,054,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Does anyone care if they do?
Only the same idiots who were convinced the old hag would win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections