Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:19 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,338,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
whew, because Hillary was such a bad candidate running on Obama's policies I'm glad she lost. Can you imagine if she won, we'd be hearing "you sexist" for daring to disagree with her. After 8 years of these kinds of attacks for daring to disagree with Obama, I'm so glad we can move on and get down to business.
You're right. For these reasons, I would be very surprised if the Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020 is a white male. Would be hard to play the racist/misogynist card in that case, which is all the left has.

It could be Warren or Booker. I'm not concerned about Warren as she's just very annoying and unlikeable (in addition to being a crazy leftist on policy). Booker does concern me a bit. It's not that he's good on policy but he is polished, well-spoken, and mild-manner. I can see people being drawn to him based on how he carries himself, even though his policies are just as bad as those of any other leftist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 11:41 PM

32,094 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454;46637864[B
]Then why didn't he run?[/b] Libs now have to resort to the "well if this guy ran then he would have beat Trump" line since it's the only thing that helps them feel better lol
Seriously, do you live under a rock. His son died at age 46 due to brain cancer. Beau's kids were 9 and 11. Biden was grieving and wanted to be there for his family. That is why he didn't run.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:53 AM

9,174 posts, read 13,265,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously, do you live under a rock. His son died at age 46 due to brain cancer. Beau's kids were 9 and 11. Biden was grieving and wanted to be there for his family. That is why he didn't run.
This was a factor but Beau Biden died in May, 2015. Joe Biden could still have run (and he just turned 74, not 80 as someone said).

I think the main reason is he did not want to go up against the crowned candidate Hillary Clinton. He saw it would have been a long tough fight.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:56 AM

45,453 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
This was a factor but Beau Biden died in May, 2015. Joe Biden could still have run (and he just turned 74, not 80 as someone said).

I think the main reason is he did not want to go up against the crowned candidate Hillary Clinton. He saw it would have been a long tough fight.
OK, I thought he was 78.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:17 PM

989 posts, read 1,878,378 times
Understanding today's Democratic Party

1. Multiculturalism - Cultural enrichment through national suicide.
2. Progressiveness - Progress through perversity.
3. Tolerance - Welcoming your adversaries with open arms and unlimited welfare.
4. Political correctness - Fools trying to convince each other of their moral superiority through the absurd misuse of our language.(Racism, phobias, haters, ad nausea).
5. Liberalism - The philosophy of self-loathing, grasping, sniveling brats and their career victims.
6. Far right - Any position toward the political center from Marx-Engels.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post

I think it was both. One does not get over the death of a child, even an adult child, in a couple of months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections