Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 08:04 PM

11 posts, read 5,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Not impressed at all with your announcement

I don't follow

Old 01-01-2017, 08:09 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hold the air View Post
I'm a police officer and my wife works at a church and we were picked out of 500 people in our district to go.

We have until january4th to decide if we are going to go.

I won't be able to have my pistol on me so the threat of some jihadist or nut job is always in the back of my head.

I don't like crowds.

We will have to stand between 3 and 7 hours.

And apparently the day after there might be some protests so I won't be able to do any sight seeing.

What do ya think...should we go?
I share your concerns but not the invite..lol

It's a difficult decision as nobody will know what may happen or not. One thing for sure is that it is a special day in history and you can be part of that day from up close.

Watching it from home or else where may still be very special as most of us feel it is a very special day.

Every time I went to a concert or other kind of performance I had a great time and felt it was more special than watching on TV but often you see it better on TV which makes it difficult to decide.

In our case it is easy and we will watch it on TV.

Enjoy whatever decision you make!

Old 01-01-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I share your concerns but not the invite..lol

It's a difficult decision as nobody will know what may happen or not. One thing for sure is that it is a special day in history and you can be part of that day from up close.

Watching it from home or else where may still be very special as most of us feel it is a very special day.

Every time I went to a concert or other kind of performance I had a great time and felt it was more special than watching on TV but often you see it better on TV which makes it difficult to decide.

In our case it is easy and we will watch it on TV.

Enjoy whatever decision you make!
Thanks! 3 days to decide

Old 01-01-2017, 08:31 PM

624 posts, read 371,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Not impressed at all with your announcement, but congratulations.
You probably don't even know how to shoot a friggin gun, or how to handle criminals.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:34 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
I don't follow
The poster you responded to, is a rabid Hillary supporter and is also rabidly anti-Trump.

Anyway, back to your question --- By all means go to the inauguration! Afterwards, let us know what it was like.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:44 PM

624 posts, read 371,251 times
Quote:
I'm a police officer and my wife works at a church and we were picked out of 500 people in our district to go.

We have until january4th to decide if we are going to go.

I won't be able to have my pistol on me so the threat of some jihadist or nut job is always in the back of my head.

I don't like crowds.

We will have to stand between 3 and 7 hours.

And apparently the day after there might be some protests so I won't be able to do any sight seeing.

What do ya think...should we go?
I live out in the country too. And worked in law enforcement. It's a hard one because George Soros will actually pay people to commit crimes and vandalised stuff like he did in other countries.

What you can do is go with another couple and contact people who would know the ends and outs to avoid the Hillary retards. I can't imagine Sheriff Clark turning down an opportunity like this.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The poster you responded to, is a rabid Hillary supporter and is also rabidly anti-Trump.

Anyway, back to your question --- By all means go to the inauguration! Afterwards, let us know what it was like.
Hillary supporter huh? How could anyone support that lying, criminal, open borders sociopath?

Old 01-01-2017, 08:46 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,735,775 times
I don't like crowds either.

However.......

I could be wrong, but I kinda think the folks being invited have been somewhat vetted before getting the invite. You'll probably be in good company.

This could be the inauguration of the greatest POTUS in 21st Century USA. He will certainly be the most popular and successful for the near term.

I'd probably go.

Enjoy, and take it all in. It's history in the making.

CN

Old 01-01-2017, 08:53 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,406,847 times
The part that would bother me the most is not being able to carry your Pistol.

Other than that, I would go if I had a desire to.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:56 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
Do you want to support those that support you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections