Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 07:21 AM

27,164 posts, read 15,341,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Pardon me, but those of us who didn't vote for Trump are still part of We the People as well. It's not like you have a monopoly.

I think the left wants to leave out the "We" part and just be "the People" themselves in their own niche.

As per the lefts actionable history as you watch the monopoly you have hungered for slip away...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 07:29 AM

27,164 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Yep - a day of National Mourning, Dishonor and Shame - compounded by the fact that Trump "won" this election by engaging with a foreign power.

Shouldn't be a surprise - leopards don't change their spots and some things never change.

He's been a scofflaw, liar, cheat, thief, swindler - and worse - all his life. Why would anyone expect anything different.

The Dems rejected Clinton in '08 and the American People rejected her in '16.

Save the "Life isn't fair" stuff for your Mommy.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:52 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That pesky free-speech thing seems to bother you.
Wrong. it is the corruption that bothers me and not just me, many Trump voters are sick of the corruption..

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:55 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to step up to the plate and explain how they reconcile the fact that he swindled hopeful American entrepreneurs out of their savings at his scam university.
I guess that means that every college student that graduates should find that job, make big bucks and get to be a millionaire. If they don't , they should all sue that college!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:55 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,994,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...you thought everything was fine and dandy? It didn't bother you that politicians on both sides of the aisle were putting their mega-rich donors ahead of their constituents? It didn't bother you that our border isn't secured? You thought it was perfectly fine that Hillary wanted to amnesty millions of illegal aliens. You thought it was fine that the H1-B visa has become so corrupted that it is being used to lay off Americans and replace them with visa holders. If those Americans wanted their severance pay, they were forced to train their replacements. It didn't bother you that many of those Americans ended up unemployed for months, all the while H1-Bs were working?

It didn't bother you that many people either lost their health insurance or saw their premiums and deductables soar out of control?

Guess what? All the above is fine and dandy with you because none of it affected you. You've never had to watch as illegal aliens destroyed your community, for example.

You are saying that you don't deserve better than what is now in place. That's very sad.
Yup, all of those things bother me. But I don't think Trumps going to fix any of it.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:56 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
You are correct.

However, as people that didn't vote for Trump, you are the part of "we the people" whose turn it is to ride at the back of the bus, as your boy barry so eloquently stated it.

Enjoy the ride.......

CN

Probably be the safer place with the lunatic at the wheel of the bus.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:16 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,735,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Probably be the safer place with the lunatic at the wheel of the bus.
It proved to be for the winners this time around.

When barrry drove his bus into the wall, it took out all those silly libs riding up front rather handily, didn't it?

Left us back there to take over up front.

Trump will back the bus up. Probably right over all the libs still trying to catch up from behind. Trump is a proven successful driver. He'll avoid the wall. And everyone, even the libs will be better for it.

It's gonna be a fun eight years.

CN

Old 01-14-2017, 09:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I hope Mr Trump doesnt totally muck everything up!
We all hope for that and only time will tell, but, at this stage we need to stand behind him and support him. give him a chance, Lord knows he isn't the typical conventional President.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
A minority of voters are giving him the WH. All of us have no choice on how he handles or mishandles the position. All we can do at this point is hope for the best and see if he "grows into the job."

But he'll have to transition to rational adult behavior first, and he's shown no indications of that so far.

Oh, well.

He still has 6 days to evolve.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
No, we ALL deserve it. Collectively we let this happen and, we all need to acknowledge that and accept it. If we don't learn from this mistake we are bound to repeat it. Imagine Ted Cruz winning after the Donald's impeachment. We all have to do more than just vote, to ensure we elect someone who shares our values. And I completely understand Trump supporters gloating about this win - they have every right to be as happy as a pig in @&*#. I remember when Obama won, taking red, white, and blue iced doughnuts to work for everyone. Some people were furious and admittedly, I enjoyed that. So, it's time for Trump's supporters to bask in their victory. But still, we are ALL responsible for who gets elected. Hopefully a lesson to remember.
Many of us are not gloating; some even wonder what he will do or say next, but we need to hope for the best. We had poor choises, certainly Clintin was not an angel. As for impeaching Trump aren't you getting a bit ahead of yourself and what makes you think our choice would be Cruz would be our President. I am rather certain our VP would step into the post of president.

I do agree with you, it isn't just one side responsible for who is elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections