Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh you're talking about what Obama did? I thought you were implying what Trump was supposedly going to do, like that fear tactic Hillary Rodham Clinton tried to run on.
Sounds like a bit of paranoia on your part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 08:22 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Considering the DNC collaborating MSM absolutely tore shreds into Trump and claimed he wouldn't accept what they thought was inevitable - a Hillary Clinton presidency. Democrats and liberals will forever be tainted by their response to the election results, truly shameful
As I said before -- all this Hysteria, "Trump is illegitimate", "we won't confirm his Cabinet", paid 'protestors' ....
Is against the Voters, it's against our system of Government AND the Peaceful Transition of Power.

According to Politico this morning - Trump will be the first President since HW Bush to not have at least a rudimentary Cabinet when he takes office. The Bush I Cabinet was slow because the Transition was from GOP to GOP and they took a lot of time. That is not the case today and we can't afford on a National Security basis & Economic basis to not do this Transition.

The Democrats expect to delay-delay-delay for months and they KNOW that the Cabinet will be confirmed .... they just want to make life as miserable for everyone as they possibly can.

TeamObama & the Leftists must have decided that if President Trump's Cabinet heads are delay-delay-delay -- then they will still be the Obama folks running things.

That might backfire on them - is it reasonable that President Trump will allow TeamObama & his people to stay in charge of HHS, Treasury, State Department, Education, Defense Dept, OMB, DOJ ..... all the functions of Government? I don't think he will just roll over for this and I wouldn't have expected President Obama to roll over it either.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:45 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Pretty ironic isn't it

America knows Trump didn't win the election by votes casted by Americans!

Old 01-18-2017, 11:12 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post

Then neither did any other president...

Old 01-18-2017, 11:16 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,605,149 times
Hillary lost because of Hillary Clinton. We did not want a third term of Obama by proxy in her promising to carry his policies onward. She screwed Bernie Sanders. James Comey and WikiLeaks are heros for exposing the corruption in the Clinton Foundation and Clinton herself. She brought nothing likeable to the campaign, only "I'm not Trump - vote for me".. she did not bring a good message, "I'm with her" is not appealing to us. She collapsed in all public for everyone to see, she is not healthy to be president. so Trump voters did her a favor, the job would have killed her. We just did not like her. She brought no inspiring message. Clinton lost because of CLINTON HERSELF.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:44 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
We accept it. We just don't like it. We'll use our 1st amendment rights to make that loud and clear.
We think it runs against the best interests of the nation. So do a lot of republicans.
Nothing Ironic about it. Trump is an idiot child with a cell phone. A dangerous combination.
Making death threats toward those who might perform at the inauguration is free speech?

I saw interviews with the silly singer Jennifer Holliday and the very young Jackie Evancho. All the difference in the world. Both have received the same threats from the same people. Jennifer was on The View, shrieking about how she didn't realize people hadn't accepted the election results and she didn't want to let them down by performing, expecially the LGBTXYZ community, so she backed out. Jackie got the same threats and, in fact, has a transgender sister. She, on the other hand, was on one of the morning shows and said it's a privilege and honor to perform and will do so proudly. WOW! Talk about night and day. The left just plain doesn't realize how their shrill dissention disgusts people.

Not to mention I'm not one for the world of "entertainment", but I know exactly who Jackie is. I'd never heard of the skank Jennifer before.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:09 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
You're right! Even some of the illegals voted for him! BaH!

Old 01-18-2017, 02:53 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Remember when the Democrats in Wisconsin went to the mattresses in Illinois? Well, I predict there will be a lot of, "You have to pass the bill to find out what's in it," for House Democrats over the next 8 years. I hope they have photos of the White House so they remember what it looks like.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Making death threats toward those who might perform at the inauguration is free speech?

I saw interviews with the silly singer Jennifer Holliday and the very young Jackie Evancho. All the difference in the world. Both have received the same threats from the same people. Jennifer was on The View, shrieking about how she didn't realize people hadn't accepted the election results and she didn't want to let them down by performing, expecially the LGBTXYZ community, so she backed out. Jackie got the same threats and, in fact, has a transgender sister. She, on the other hand, was on one of the morning shows and said it's a privilege and honor to perform and will do so proudly. WOW! Talk about night and day. The left just plain doesn't realize how their shrill dissention disgusts people.

Not to mention I'm not one for the world of "entertainment", but I know exactly who Jackie is. I'd never heard of the skank Jennifer before.
BREAKING: Republican Caught BRIBING Protesters to FAKE RIOT at Inauguration. Be Warned.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:42 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,348,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

Well, in all fairness. Evancho took a WHOLE LOT of heat from equally vicious folks on the Right when she first came out in support of her transgender sister. Now suddenly she's become the darling of many of those very same people. The fact is there are nasty, vicious folks on BOTH sides of the aisle - as Jackie and her family can attest - and as you just proved by referring to someone you don't know and "never even heard of" as a "skank" (why would any decent person even do that?????).

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections