Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 04:42 PM

41 posts, read 26,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
True, plus conservatives had jobs to go to, while in the inner city neighborhoods, looting is often their jobs it seems, anytime they don't get their way.
Dems have jobs too but we things called flex time personal time and vacation. Which can be used at any given time. Sorry your job doesn't give you anytime off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 05:41 PM

15,657 posts, read 15,793,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Oh that's right, we didn't. We didn't burn flags, attack police officers, destroy buildings, block traffic for hard working Americans and so on. Guess we missed our chances. The way I see it is that more and more Americans will see the liberal side for what they are and continue the republicans in office as a majority. This includes the presidency.

I'd love for someone to come on here and justify what just happened in DC with the protestors? I'm not talking about the Women's March on Washington. I have ZERO issues with peaceful marching although I'm not sure it's even been effective any time in the history of the world. But at least they didn't do what I mentioned in the beginning. I didn't like Trump at all and didn't want him to be our candidate. But after what I've been seeing I'll certainly support any actions he takes against these thugs. Anyone?

What I do remember with Obama is the secret group of top Republicans who immediately had a clandestine meeting and agreed to block Obama at every turn, regardless of whether it was good or not for the country.

And, by the way, any comparison of the two, Trump and Obama, is absurd. Obama had some governmental experience, was completely familiar with Constitutional law, had a impeccable record of personal ethics, and a reputation for cool, diplomatic intellect. None of that is true of Trump.

Perhaps I should also point out that your comparison of the parties is flawed. These aren't ordinary Democrats causing the uproar; apparently much of it is anarchists. Not at all the same thing.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:47 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,394,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakandEggs13 View Post
Dems have jobs too but we things called flex time personal time and vacation. Which can be used at any given time. Sorry your job doesn't give you anytime off
Saying it over and over doesn't make it true no matter how often the left tried that tactic over the last 8 years.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:51 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,986,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
What I do remember with Obama is the secret group of top Republicans who immediately had a clandestine meeting and agreed to block Obama at every turn, regardless of whether it was good or not for the country.

And, by the way, any comparison of the two, Trump and Obama, is absurd. Obama had some governmental experience, was completely familiar with Constitutional law, had a impeccable record of personal ethics, and a reputation for cool, diplomatic intellect. None of that is true of Trump.

Perhaps I should also point out that your comparison of the parties is flawed. These aren't ordinary Democrats causing the uproar; apparently much of it is anarchists. Not at all the same thing.
Obama was an unqualified buffoon, and his eight year record of failure proves it. The only thing he was good at was electing Republicans.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:58 PM

27,759 posts, read 16,266,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Obama was an unqualified buffoon, and his eight year record of failure proves it. The only thing he was good at was electing Republicans.
and selling guns

Old 02-19-2017, 09:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,992,410 times
I suggest some of you start taking some ginkgo biloba. There are many articles and videos about the violent outbreaks at Tea Party rallies after Obama was elected. There was a recent thread about this.

I guess people believe if they say the same things over and over again, they'll become true. (sounds like our current President)

[youtube]D5X1Forjwck[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5X1Forjwck[/url]

Old 02-21-2017, 10:59 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,508,536 times
Yeah, all those youngsters, tea-partying!! dressed in dark, burning cars, breaking glass and throwing things. LOL try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections