Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 03:06 PM

30,434 posts, read 19,200,796 times

Advertisements

The Dems are no longer relevant in these United States, consider them a (racist) footnote in history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 03:49 AM

34,075 posts, read 17,112,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You forget one GIGANTIC factor... historically, democrats don't vote in the midterms... the GOP tidal wave is coming...

Old 01-26-2017, 06:51 PM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
Actually the GOP lost 3 senate seats and 7 or 8 house seats. Add that to the fact the Trump lost the popular vote and that rosey GOP picture does not so great.

During the midterms there will be no "crooked Hillary" to latch on to.
and no Obama or Obamacare, no deficit talk, no gun grabber talk, really nothing that has motivated the base to show like in the past few off year elections. Trump might be an issue, but probably economy again. It almost always is that.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:02 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,890,590 times
OP s under the assumption of the economy will fail. What I Trump turns in to anther Reagan!

Right now the DNC is sinking fast.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:16 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,726,561 times
At worst the GOP will still keep their majority. My prediction is that 1/3 of the seats will go GOP which will give GOP a super majority in the Senate.

Democrats are leaderless and going at Trump in all different directions and it's not gonna win the American votes.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:53 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I vote Republican.

Even so, I would not like to see a wholesale takeover of the legislative offices by Republicans.

It seems to work out better for everyone when the minority side holds enough power so that their interests are discussed and some compromises made. One side running amok has not worked - even when it seemed to in the beginning.
I often vote Republican and I totally agree. One Party in charge is almost always a disaster.
Unfortunately the Democrats appear to be determined to use Old, Worn Out - Play Books against Donald Trump.
Even after learning these Old ways are not working - they are determined to dig as deep a hole for themselves as they possibly can.

Everyone easily forgets - Donald Trump didn't just run against Hillary Clinton and Democrats. Trump ran against the Establishment Republicans that he is now attempting to herd like cats. NONE of them wanted him, but they were over-ruled by the Voters. I think the Trump Voters have given those Establishment Republicans their LAST chance in order to give President Trump a Majority in both houses.

They should be on notice - President Trump was elected by the People - FOR the People.
The House is up for election in 2 short years, they better not blow it .... and you can bet they are nervous.
They have a high powered CEO in charge and not a typical Partisan Politician. He won't play their games.

Interesting times we live in - we are living History.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
The GOP lost 6 house seats and still holds a 47 seat advantage.....a huge lead.
They lost 2 senate seats (one by a tenth of a percentage point).
The GOP is "supposed" to do badly during Presidential election years. That did not happen.

If Trump does even modestly well, 2018 will be a bloodbath for the Democrats.
and it is important for those who bring up how many seats they lost to remember the prediction was for much greater losses.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I agree. However, as a Republican, I'm a bit concerned. Trump made MANY promises, so he'll have to deliver in the next two years.
so far he has delivered better than expected and I am not a Trump lover by any stretch of the word.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I'm not seeing any evidence to support you claim.
this is normally the case, I wouldn't go so far as saying "beat up" but they do usually lose some seats in the mid term elections.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:14 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,903,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Didn't the Democrats say that with Trump as the nominee, the GOP would lose seats? Didn't the GOP actually gain seats? I suspect they will gain more seats in the mid-term. The Dems continue to embarrass themselves daily and weaken the party. What they appear to stand for now, sore losers and violence...........

GOP will gain, Dems will continue to lose ground.

This, enough said. I voted against violence this round, and will do again midterm.

Smashing business windows and burning cars, MSM still calling it peaceful protests
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections