Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:58 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
And Hillary would lose even more badly than she already did.

So what's the point?
The integrity of our election system matters.

This is what you and the Trump apologists don't understand. Even if it meant Trump won all 50 states, we should still find the fraud and stop it from happening again.

It's not just about the outcome. It's about ensuring that our elections going forward are meaningful.

If there really are millions of people casting votes illegally, that is a threat to our system of government and it needs to be stopped.

If, however, that isn't the case, then we have another problem that also needs to be addressed, and that problem is an ego-maniacal tyrant actively trying to destroy confidence in our system through the use of propaganda and flat out lies.

I know where I'm placing my bets, based on all available evidence. We have a madman in office who is spreading lies to erode public trust in our systems. He's been in office only a few days and we have seen his administration repeatedly spread flat out lies and ban the dissemination of actual facts by those in government.

No one should be okay with that, regardless of who you voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 07:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,573,131 times
Finding a few as they do every year does not add up to 3 to 5 million as Trump claims. When you find that let me know.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Since you don't trust trump and I would assume that logically transfers to people he hires, why would you put so much trust/believe his lawyers on such a conclusion?

Seems you/any rational citizen of this nation who believes in fairness would welcome an investigation into this to put the matter to rest and at the very least, clean up the voter rolls that Pew Research indicates to anyone with a bit of common sense that the rolls are a mess in many regards given this information.

Pew Center: 1.8 Million Dead People on Voter Rolls, 2.75 Million Registered in Two States

Yes, "Oops".
You are aware that his own daughter is registered in two states. It isn't against the law. It is only against the law if you vote twice. I would assume that most dead people didn't think of getting off the rolls before they died.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:17 PM

6,402 posts, read 5,531,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Unconstitutional.

Trump won.

Trump has been inaugurated.

Trump is your President.

Trump, get used to it.

CN
WOOSH

That was the sound of the tone/point of this post going over your head....

Old 01-25-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The integrity of our election system matters.

This is what you and the Trump apologists don't understand. Even if it meant Trump won all 50 states, we should still find the fraud and stop it from happening again.

It's not just about the outcome. It's about ensuring that our elections going forward are meaningful.

If there really are millions of people casting votes illegally, that is a threat to our system of government and it needs to be stopped.

If, however, that isn't the case, then we have another problem that also needs to be addressed, and that problem is an ego-maniacal tyrant actively trying to destroy confidence in our system through the use of propaganda and flat out lies.

I know where I'm placing my bets, based on all available evidence. We have a madman in office who is spreading lies to erode public trust in our systems. He's been in office only a few days and we have seen his administration repeatedly spread flat out lies and ban the dissemination of actual facts by those in government.

No one should be okay with that, regardless of who you voted for.
Well said. He is only bringing his up because the poor baby lost the popular vote and he can't deal with it.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:22 PM

6,402 posts, read 5,531,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Didn't they teach American Government where you went to high school? I just don't get how people just seem to have no idea how our government works.

Everyone knew the Dems would try to cheat their way to a win, but they didn't realize that Trump was so far ahead that the cheating they were doing would not be enough.

President Trump. President Trump. President Trump. Accept it. You have at least 4 years, possibly 8 IF he decides to run for re-election and if not, get ready to say "President Pence" for 4 to 8 years. First it was Hillary self-destructing and now it is the entire party.

Maybe if the liberals would get off their pity pot, stop paying people to protest against Trump, liberal media could take a break and maybe report come realistic news. Trump is getting down to the business of running the country. The Dems continue to put one nail after another in the coffin that their party is in.

We have a "system" for deciding elections. Hillary Clinton lost the election before the campaigns started.

In the recounts that were done, we all had a good laugh! Well, Trump supporters did.
You are missing the point so badly it's hilarious...

Point is.....if there were "millions of illegals voting".....and Hillary had won; you know damn well Trump and his minions would be throwing a hissy fit and claiming that any election in which millions of people voted illegally would need to be re-done.

But if he and you can spin it as "maa haaa millions illegally voted and I still won"....well then you have the mantra he has now.

The point is....there weren't millions of people who voted illegally. There is absolutely NO proof or rhyme or reason to this ridiculous claim. It's something Trump put out there because deep down he's actually butthurt that more people voted against him than for him in the general election.

You can also be sure that if the shoe was on the other foot....and Trump had more votes overall but Hillary won the electoral votes......the claims of "broken and rigged system" would be spewing at 140 characters per minute....

Old 01-25-2017, 07:26 PM

17,154 posts, read 13,008,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Didn't they teach American Government where you went to high school? I just don't get how people just seem to have no idea how our government works.

Everyone knew the Dems would try to cheat their way to a win, but they didn't realize that Trump was so far ahead that the cheating they were doing would not be enough.

President Trump. President Trump. President Trump. Accept it. You have at least 4 years, possibly 8 IF he decides to run for re-election and if not, get ready to say "President Pence" for 4 to 8 years. First it was Hillary self-destructing and now it is the entire party.

Maybe if the liberals would get off their pity pot, stop paying people to protest against Trump, liberal media could take a break and maybe report come realistic news. Trump is getting down to the business of running the country. The Dems continue to put one nail after another in the coffin that their party is in.

We have a "system" for deciding elections. Hillary Clinton lost the election before the campaigns started.

In the recounts that were done, we all had a good laugh! Well, Trump supporters did.
No he's not. He's doing this to himself. We're laughing at him. He is the one who can't accept yes for an answer, not us. He has nothing to gain by investigating the vote count and a lot to lose, including his credibility. Bit he insists on doing it anyway because he is so concerned with being the victor in what he erroneously assumes is a popularity contest. If he truly thinks the Presidency is such a contest, he is even more unprepared for this mammoth task than I previously believed.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:40 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,491,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You are aware that his own daughter is registered in two states. It isn't against the law. It is only against the law if you vote twice. I would assume that most dead people didn't think of getting off the rolls before they died.
Of course that's not against the law but you're missing the point.....what's wrong with looking into the matter and seeing what checks/balances/safeguards, if any, are in place for preventing duplicate voting, illegal alien voting, etc. that can only help in the future to clean up the voting rolls, identify what issue(s) exist, etc. Given ID isn't required to vote in many states, I think it's prudent and valid to look into the matter in detail instead of sticking one's head in the sand and assuming everything is fine. If you feel no one illegal is voting in this nation/double voting isn't going on with lose ID laws in many states, there are lots of ocean front property available for you in the midwest.

And judging by your most interesting resistance to looking into this matter, I can't help but think your main concern is that your "team", the libs, are going to look bad if some not so flattering voting matters are uncovered in such an investigation.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:53 PM

1,009 posts, read 711,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
It's YOUR president the one who keeps beating that dead dog into the ground

He won the electoral college, the one that counts. WE KNOW THAT.

Now he wants to claim that he won the popular vote without ANY frigging evidence.

The MSM should NOT publicize everything the Cheeto says. Seriously, keep him out of the news cycle until he starts speaking the truth.

He DID NOT win the popular vote. HALF THE COUNTRY DOESN'T LIKE HIS LYING A$$!

President Donald J Trump God does that sound wonderful

Old 01-25-2017, 07:58 PM

26,612 posts, read 15,180,659 times
Yes, redo California, Illinois, and all of the areas where more ballots turned up than voters in Michigan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections