Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 02:14 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,581,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
They should have put on the rest of the Democrat costume. The pointy little hoods.
And their vagina hats.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 10:39 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Not a Democrat but an Independent. Yes, the numbers are kind of surprising. However in Chuck Schumers defense, I think a lot of people never heard of him.

Also, I learned to be skeptical of all polls. Interesting to comment on them but take them with a huge grain of salt.
"However in Chuck Schumers defense, I think a lot of people never heard of him."

Anybody who has followed politics for the past 40 years or so HAVE heard of him.

I worked in the Senate after Carter was sworn in and we were told, "if there is a TV camera ANYWHERE in the Senate do NOT get in Chucky's way".

Old 03-01-2017, 10:41 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,814,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
We are headed to a one party country unfortunately.
You mean like... a communist party?

Old 03-01-2017, 10:48 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,002,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"However in Chuck Schumers defense, I think a lot of people never heard of him."

Anybody who has followed politics for the past 40 years or so HAVE heard of him.

I worked in the Senate after Carter was sworn in and we were told, "if there is a TV camera ANYWHERE in the Senate do NOT get in Chucky's way".
Chucky and the DemoncRats are making a new sequel for Child's Play ... 40 years of Ineptness.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:46 AM

6,252 posts, read 3,421,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh please, that will never happen. You have the loyal base of both parties but there are many independents who swing back and forth. With all the protesting about Trump's policies and his cabinet picks, I can't imagine this will go well in the midterm elections. We shall see though.
Just who will the democrats support? Progressives, which were rejected in most case all across the country. Far left Liberals who were rejected by the voters. More candidates like Hillary? Bernie Sanders?
In the mid terms the democrats have 25 seats to defend and the republican only 8.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — A long list of Senate Democrats who face re-election in 2018 are from states Donald Trump won or nearly won on Election Day. That could mean a politically excruciating next two years for many of them, and for party leaders trying to chart a legislative path as the new age of Trump.
The election two years from now had already looked difficult for Senate Democrats, who must defend 25 seats compared to just eight held by Republicans. The Democrats’ list includes two independents, Vermont’s Bernie Sanders and Maine’s Angus King, who align with them.
Of those 25 senators, 13 are from states Trump captured or narrowly lost. Among those are Maine, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, which hadn’t backed a GOP presidential candidate since the 1980s, leaving both parties trying to discern how much Tuesday may have reordered the lineup of blue, red and swing states.
Five Democrats are from states Trump easily carried, by 19 percentage points or more — Indiana, North Dakota, West Virginia, Missouri and Montana.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Not a Democrat but an Independent. Yes, the numbers are kind of surprising. However in Chuck Schumers defense, I think a lot of people never heard of him.

Also, I learned to be skeptical of all polls. Interesting to comment on them but take them with a huge grain of salt.
I do take them with a grain of salt, especially after the polls telling us that Hillary going to wipe Trump off the map.

A big mistake Democrats made was to silence people with all kind of tactics including name calling. So instead of people voicing their concerns they stayed silent, people spoke with their vote and Democrats were shocked at the outcome of the election. Unless there is an honest media we will not know where the people stand.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:10 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,301,228 times
History suggests that the best thing the Democrats will have going for them is the likelihood of a Republican overreach. When you control all levels of government, you tend to forget just how tenuous and illusory that total control can be.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:44 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
History suggests that the best thing the Democrats will have going for them is the likelihood of a Republican overreach. When you control all levels of government, you tend to forget just how tenuous and illusory that total control can be.
The Republicans aren't as stupid or as out of touch as today's Democrats, so that seems highly unlikely.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:58 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,265,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I do take them with a grain of salt, especially after the polls telling us that Hillary going to wipe Trump off the map.

A big mistake Democrats made was to silence people with all kind of tactics including name calling. So instead of people voicing their concerns they stayed silent, people spoke with their vote and Democrats were shocked at the outcome of the election. Unless there is an honest media we will not know where the people stand.
Quick Enough, what I was talking about is if you look at the "Morning Joe" clip (about the 3 minute mark) they show polls on about 10 different politicians. About 100% of the people have an opinion on Donald Trump while less then 50% have an opinion about Chuck Schumer. So maybe WE heard of Chuck Schumer here on CD but many other people have not.

Petch, I could not agree with you more. It was a mistake that backfired. Some of the supposedly "educated" Liberals actually drove away part of the Democratic base. The constant insulting millions of people as "uneducated" because they don't have a 4 year degree, actually made me even more determined to vote for the opposite candidate of the "educated". And I have a college degree, I can only imagine how people without college degrees felt.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:07 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Quick Enough, what I was talking about is if you look at the "Morning Joe" clip (about the 3 minute mark) they show polls on about 10 different politicians. About 100% of the people have an opinion on Donald Trump while less then 50% have an opinion about Chuck Schumer. So maybe WE heard of Chuck Schumer here on CD but many other people have not.

Petch, I could not agree with you more. It was a mistake that backfired. Some of the supposedly "educated" Liberals actually drove away part of the Democratic base. The constant insulting millions of people as "uneducated" because they don't have a 4 year degree, actually made me even more determined to vote for the opposite candidate of the "educated". And I have a college degree, I can only imagine how people without college degrees felt.
"they show polls"

From the SAME people who did the pols all during and right up to the election.

How accurate were they then?

And you STILL believe them and POST them.

"And I have a college degree"

I wouldn't brag about it, if you believe in pols

"You can fool SOME of the people ALL of the time"!

I challenge you to post every one of those pols and INCLUDE the metrics they use.

1 poster stared several threads a short while back based in the same pol.

With a little research I fond that they polled 9% MORE dems then repubs.

I don't know how old you are but, you are VERY naive and uninformed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections