Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 02:12 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times

Advertisements

Kinda sounds like a "dial tone". Same pitch all the time. Not an inspiring speaker.
I watched the JFK inauguration speech last night on You Tube.
He could give a speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 02:19 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
But, do you know what I like about McCain?

If people had questions for him, he'd come out to the Rose Garden, early in the morning and he'd say "What the hell do you want?"

Obama would sleep in and say "Get those people off my lawn."

Hillary would say "Oh gawd, not again. What do they want now?"

Both Clinton and McCain would be responsive. Obama would be "Hope & Change."

I'll vote for responsive.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Kinda sounds like a "dial tone". Same pitch all the time. Not an inspiring speaker.
I watched the JFK inauguration speech last night on You Tube.
He could give a speech.
Giving a good speech is not the same as "being a good speech." Obama gives good speech. He has no record of "doing good speech." He's running on someone else's speeches anyway -- but that guy (Deval Patrick) has no record of "doing good speech" even though he ran on the same words.

Anyone can say the words. Especially if you borrow them from somewhere else.

Why don't we give an Obama/Patrick speech to McCain and see how well he does with it? If he does well, maybe Patrick will let McCain give all his old speeches again.

What do you think?

Old 03-05-2008, 02:35 AM

98 posts, read 325,491 times
Obama does speak well. I just wanted Hillar before Obama came into the picture in 04!!

When Hillary won senate in 2000 I knew she would run in 08 but when this guy won senate in 04 i knew he would be big competition........and now look.....

McCain should not have a prayer against either one of these two.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:23 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
He's doing his best to sound just as dignified as Obama to no avail. Hillary can't match Obama and McCain is trying hard not to sound as simple-minded and hollow as Hillary. But he obviously suffers from the same problems as Hillary. He lacks depth, character, versatility, a fresh mind, and class.

McCain comes across like a senile and war-traumatized Bobby Knight.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 AM

98 posts, read 325,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
He's doing his best to sound just as dignified as Obama to no avail. Hillary can't match Obama and McCain is trying hard not to sound as simple-minded and hollow as Hillary. But he obviously suffers from the same problems as Hillary. He lacks depth, character, versatility, a fresh mind, and class.

McCain comes across like a senile and war-traumatized Bobby Knight.
and all of us Hillary supporters say: ouchhhhh that was low lol

I am sorry that you are supporting a senile bobby knight :-P

Old 03-05-2008, 05:46 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
I think you all are watching American Idol to much. I wonder how good Obama can sing?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:10 AM

440 posts, read 329,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
If his face comes on my TV I hit the remote even faster then if Obama or Billery grace my screen. But you are right, he is a boring talker as well as pro war and pro amnesty and not to mention a bit old to be playing this game.
Well it's nice to know that I am not the only one who does that. Not only does he remind me of an undertaker, his presence also reminds you that he has the capability of doubling as the corpse.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:30 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerblaine View Post
His tone of voice depresses me for some reason. I feel like someone died. Is he supposed to be inspiring?
Sure, he should be inspiring to some degree, but experience and substance should be the primary factors and not flash and perception. In this dangerous world, it matters a lot more who has the judgement and experience to do the things that need to be done, versus who can make people "feel" better.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
I would add, that keeping more of the money that I earn at the end of the year is very inspiring, and I know who will make that more of a reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections