Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 08:06 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,727,594 times

Advertisements

Highly unlikely. However, would you vote for these two if they did run together? Think it be a good mix of political idea's? Thoughts?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:31 AM

26,002 posts, read 22,198,629 times
I noticed most of the suggestions for possible candidates for 2020 are women. Do you think that the Democratic Party will try to use the "gender" and "it is time" card yet again after the massive failure of that in the last election?

I looked over Gabbard's bio, and I would keep looking.

She has a relationship with Assad? http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/09/politi...gabbard-syria/

Old 04-10-2017, 06:49 AM

29,610 posts, read 16,600,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I noticed most of the suggestions for possible candidates for 2020 are women. Do you think that the Democratic Party will try to use the "gender" and "it is time" card yet again after the massive failure of that in the last election?

She has a relationship with Assad? Liberal leaders call for challenge to Gabbard over Syria skepticism - CNNPolitics.com
Hillary CLinton only needed 80,000 votes across 3 states to become President.

If the argument as many have said is that Clinton was corrupt, then surely someone else can flip or bring out enough Dem votes to win those states.

all that being said, where are you getting the argument that most of the candidates are women ???

Gabbard is the Berniecrat who was most vocal, she is his natural heir other than Ellison, the other talked about is Warren. the only other 2 Democratic women talked about are the senators from Minnesota and New York.

Everyone else in the field that are talked about, including Ellison are men. Cory Booker, Tim Kaine, Mark Warner, Andrew Cuomo, Terry McAulliffe, Steve Bullock, Martin OMalley, John Hickenlooper,Jay Inslee, Chris Murphy, Al Franken, Jeff Merkley.... Where are all these women that you here Dems naming ????

Old 04-10-2017, 09:55 AM

833 posts, read 522,250 times
Tulsi Gabbard is a traitorous wretch. Goes to meet privately with Assad....and then comes back and defends him after Trump strikes with missiles.

Amazing how Democrats have no qualms promoting low-life scabs from the gutter to be their rising stars.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:23 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,727,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

She has a relationship with Assad? Liberal leaders call for challenge to Gabbard over Syria skepticism - CNNPolitics.com
I doubt Gabbard will run. Have to say she would be an amazing Candidate. In touch with America's issue's, represents Asian/Pacific Islander Community, very in touch international/foreign relation viewpoint, good insight into military operations due to her experience in the military, ability to reach out to younger voter's, and represents women.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:20 PM

833 posts, read 522,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I doubt Gabbard will run. Have to say she would be an amazing Candidate. In touch with America's issue's, represents Asian/Pacific Islander Community, very in touch international/foreign relation viewpoint, good insight into military operations due to her experience in the military, ability to reach out to younger voter's, and represents women.
She would not even be close to "an amazing candidate." She thought she was being presidential and diplomatic by going to meet with Assad in secret. In reality, Democrats are privately seething that she cast bad optics on herself and the party in light of the trouncing Democrats took in every election since 2010 and in light of Barack Obama's blatant incompetence in foreign policy. The LAST thing Democrats want is some rookie know-nothing going out and making Democrats look worse, but somehow she managed to do just that by defending Assad after meeting with him. Gassing citizens is not defensible and Tulsi Gabbard couldn't be bothered by it. Donald Trump would absolutely clobber her in an election match up. You heard it here first.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:24 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,911,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Hillary CLinton only needed 80,000 votes across 3 states to become President.

If the argument as many have said is that Clinton was corrupt, then surely someone else can flip or bring out enough Dem votes to win those states.

all that being said, where are you getting the argument that most of the candidates are women ???

Gabbard is the Berniecrat who was most vocal, she is his natural heir other than Ellison, the other talked about is Warren. the only other 2 Democratic women talked about are the senators from Minnesota and New York.

Everyone else in the field that are talked about, including Ellison are men. Cory Booker, Tim Kaine, Mark Warner, Andrew Cuomo, Terry McAulliffe, Steve Bullock, Martin OMalley, John Hickenlooper,Jay Inslee, Chris Murphy, Al Franken, Jeff Merkley.... Where are all these women that you here Dems naming ????
Agreed. I don't see another hillary out there so whomever the dems pick should beat Trump if he keeps breaking his word like he's done so far.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:45 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,613,995 times
That would be an intriguing ticket, especially if military operations escalate in the next four years.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:01 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,530,533 times
Lets live in the here and now.
We just got a new President.
Like him or not.
Like some, all, or none of his doings.
He is our President.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Alot can be missed and understood if you live for 2020.

We are becoming a society of I want it and I want it now.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:54 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,493,960 times
I hope she runs!

tulsi gabbard 2020!

I think its going to be Haily vs Gabbard in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections