Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 12:37 AM

32,094 posts, read 15,089,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
If libs keep it up with their stupid stuff, this is what the 2020 election would look like:

Bring it on. I'll be taking the front seat to watch them lose again.
Trump is the most inept president we have ever had. He seems to need his kids to tell him what to do. But the fact is.....his kids have no idea either. I think many of us see going into another war even when Trump told us american came first. Just more lies by him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I think Trump has a very good chance of winning re-election ... but seriously, he's not carrying most of the solidly blue states as those are the bastion of "libs" who "keep it up with their stupid stuff". My guess is that if the Democrats nominate a weak candidate, the economy is healthy and Americans perceive the country as safe and are satisfied with his leadership, he'll win all the states he carried in 2016 plus a few more:

306 - from 2016
4 - New Hampshire
10 - Minnesota
2 - Maine (statewide)
6 - Nevada
9 - Colorado

... for a total of 337. I do not see a scenario where he wins anything else, but will humbly admit the limits of my predictive competence if he proves me wrong in 2020.
my guess: why are we even thinking 2020 right now and why does anyone think he will even want to run again?

Old 04-21-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Yup. People are already seeing through Trump's lies and his "anti-establishment" stick is wearing thin already after filling his cabinet with more Wall Street bankers than Obama did. He's eager to feed the military industrial complex and corporate cronies. He won't have the luxury against running against a very hated, unpopular candidate in Hillary again.
seeing through his lies, is that why his poll numbers are rising?

Old 04-21-2017, 06:56 AM

17,013 posts, read 12,607,565 times
IF its the same people again. I predict pretty much the same map.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:08 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Post like this are why we are so polarized as a nation, people cant have an honest discussion.

His numbers are down vs the election, and down vs his inauguration, Yes, he has had an uptick in the last week or so, but it isnt enough to negate the previous 3 months

Old 04-21-2017, 07:51 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,301,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
At this point in time in his term, as a basis of comparison, Trump is the least popular new President since World War II as measured by the Gallup Poll. It's not even close. The next least popular President was Bill Clinton in 1993, and he was 14 points higher than Trump.

Digging inside the numbers, Trump retains the support of 87% of Republicans, 9% of Democrats and 37% of Independents. The support among Republicans is 4 points higher than on average, but his support among opposition party members and Independents are all time lows.

Trump's Job Approval in First Quarter Lowest by 14 Points | Gallup

Last edited by Bureaucat; 04-21-2017 at 08:33 AM..

Old 04-21-2017, 10:13 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,106,937 times
Trump is locked to win in 2020. The Democrats have no one to run

Old 04-21-2017, 12:32 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,301,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump is locked to win in 2020. The Democrats have no one to run
Not if he loses Independents. The Dems will get 48% of the pop vote regardless of whom they nominate. It will depend how they break down state by state. Will Trump hold on to enough white college grad voters in key states while continuing to dominate white non- college voters? Will there continue to be a demographic decline in white non-college voters and what will be the gap in R support between the two white groups? The answer to those questions will determine the outcome in 2020 and for a long time to come.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 04-21-2017 at 12:41 PM..

Old 04-21-2017, 01:42 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,810,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I think Trump has a very good chance of winning re-election ... but seriously, he's not carrying most of the solidly blue states as those are the bastion of "libs" who "keep it up with their stupid stuff". My guess is that if the Democrats nominate a weak candidate, the economy is healthy and Americans perceive the country as safe and are satisfied with his leadership, he'll win all the states he carried in 2016 plus a few more:

306 - from 2016
4 - New Hampshire
10 - Minnesota
2 - Maine (statewide)
6 - Nevada
9 - Colorado

... for a total of 337. I do not see a scenario where he wins anything else, but will humbly admit the limits of my predictive competence if he proves me wrong in 2020.
This 100%. Trump came within 1.3% or something of winning Minnesota. Yes people, Walter Mondale loving Minnesota. Closer than Colorado which to me was shocking. That state lit up RED on election night.

I think he will win NH, MN, ME but CO and NV is a stretch, IMHO.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
At this point in time in his term, as a basis of comparison, Trump is the least popular new President since World War II as measured by the Gallup Poll. It's not even close. The next least popular President was Bill Clinton in 1993, and he was 14 points higher than Trump.

Digging inside the numbers, Trump retains the support of 87% of Republicans, 9% of Democrats and 37% of Independents. The support among Republicans is 4 points higher than on average, but his support among opposition party members and Independents are all time lows.

Trump's Job Approval in First Quarter Lowest by 14 Points | Gallup
I certainly can not argue with you on this, but I was just addressing one poster who claimed his numbers were down: the person obviously has no clue. He is biased due to his dislike of our president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections