Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 12:20 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times

Advertisements

Check out this youtube in his on words...McCain Flip-Flops on
every single issue...

YouTube - McCain has flip flopped on every issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 12:30 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
Wow the whole video is outta context. Every time he was explaining why he changed his mind they cut the tape really Kerby pick more credible sources than this bull. I mean im no fan of McCain but geeezz.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:22 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Wink You want more Flip-Flopping here it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Wow the whole video is outta context. Every time he was explaining why he changed his mind they cut the tape really Kerby pick more credible sources than this bull. I mean im no fan of McCain but geeezz.
Remember when McCain was
thinking about becoming a Democrat and even had talks with John Kerry
about being a possible running mate ? There is a thing called flip-flopping
but this is on such a larger scale what would you call it ?

McCain is quoted as responding to ABC’s Charles Gibson’s question as to whether he would even entertain the idea of running as John Kerry’s VP if Kerry extended such an offer,

“John Kerry is a very close friend of mine. We’ve been friends for years. Obviously I would entertain it. ”
Here's a voice clip of Kerry stating how McCain's people approached him to be on the ticket.
http://jonathan--singer.mydd.com/images/admin/McCain.mp3

or how about this...
McCain Flip-Flops, Supports Immediate Reversal of Roe v. Wade
In 1999, the “moderate” version of John McCain said that overturning Roe v. Wade would be dangerous for women and he would not support it, even in “the long term.” Here’s McCain in the San Francisco Chronicle:

I’d love to see a point where it is irrelevant, and could be repealed because abortion is no longer necessary. But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations.

or maybe this...
McCain Flip-flopping on ethanol
McCain said in November 2003. "Yet thanks to agricultural subsidies and ethanol producer subsidies, it is now a very big business - tens of billions of dollars that have enriched a handful of corporate interests - primarily one big corporation, ADM. Ethanol does nothing to reduce fuel consumption, nothing to increase our energy independence, nothing to improve air quality."
------
but this year while campaigning in Iowa...

In a flip-flop so absurd it'll be a wonder if it doesn't get lampooned by late-night comedians - not to mention opponents' negative ads - McCain is now proclaiming himself a "strong" ethanol supporter.

"I support ethanol and I think it is a vital, a vital alternative energy source not only because of our dependency on foreign oil but its greenhouse gas reduction effects," he said in an August speech in Grinnell, Iowa, as reported by the Associated Press.

or this...
McCain's flip-flop on torture YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVf_fTSDP8

There's tons more. Just let me know if you want me to keep going !

Old 03-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Im not saying he is not a flip flopper. I personally can not stand him and have no idea how the republicans nominated him. But that video was well i already said it. All three are flip floppers. This election is going to be sad for America no matter who wins.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:23 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
Quote:
Im not saying he is not a flip flopper. I personally can not stand him and have no idea how the republicans nominated him. But that video was well i already said it. All three are flip floppers. This election is going to be sad for America no matter who wins.
He was running against a kook, a Mormon, an evangelical, and a few hard core anti-immigration types looking to start WW3. I prefer the kook.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:01 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times

YouTube - John McCain "I'm a Proud Liberal"

Old 03-08-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
He was running against a kook, a Mormon, an evangelical, and a few hard core anti-immigration types looking to start WW3. I prefer the kook.
kook???

Old 03-08-2008, 06:10 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
Quote:
kook???
ron paul

Old 03-08-2008, 06:13 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
John McCain is the best and most experienced democrat running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections