Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 08:52 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,400,320 times

Advertisements

^^ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 12:57 AM

89,069 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
By any chance are you in the hotel business? PIP....
'PIP' is a Six Sigma concept. Doesn't only apply to the hospitality industry.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The article was awesome. I am not sure it really helped some understand based on your comments though. We have people with higher educations working at the big box stores, selling insurance and autos who can't pay back their student loans. And, do you know of a free moving service, because moving costs a lot of money and anymore, employers do not cover those moves for the person relocating.

We bought a foreclosed home. The owner had decided to move for a job 3 states away. The owner lost the house, lost the job and because of cost of living had to return and live with relatives.

It is simply a matter of bringing back jobs, not crowding people into cities where they have no desire to live and going into debt to try to live there.

So, if today everyone in the USA had a college degree, how would that work? And, they all moved to the bigger cities for jobs. Surely I don't have to explain where that would go. Geesh!

Yes, much more likely that a Clinton voter was on public assistance than someone voting for Trump:

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

I can't imagine that anyone, in truth, didn't realize that. Although, I think with Trump talking jobs, he pulled some of those votes from those that truly want to earn their way and not mooch off of the taxpayers.
What isn`t mentioned in your Pew Research Center link is this. Most people receiving food stamps have jobs. Their employers are the ones mooching off of the taxpayers.
The Relationship Between SNAP and Work Among Low-Income Households | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 05-22-2017, 08:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What isn`t mentioned in your Pew Research Center link is this. Most people receiving food stamps have jobs. Their employers are the ones mooching off of the taxpayers.
The Relationship Between SNAP and Work Among Low-Income Households | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
The employers pay what the employee's skills set is worth in the market which is determined by many factors including supply and demand.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
identity politics.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:46 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,592,374 times
So why don't we ever talk about the black working class vote????

Old 05-27-2017, 08:52 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,556,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
So why don't we ever talk about the black working class vote????
They don't matter because they're not being oppressed like white people.

Too soon?

Old 05-28-2017, 02:31 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
I love it, The Rust belt got Trump elected, guess who is going to get it stuck to them the hardest by Trump and the Repub bills, maybe they will learn one day that when the Snake Oil Salesman comes to town, ignore him.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:19 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Very well said and thanks for the link.

I was raised in Ohio in a culture that valued honesty and hard work. My finger goes off to HRC.
BTW, I was raised in that culture and come from a long line of highly educated professionals who value hard work and honesty.
Ditto on your values, and reaction to HRC.

I found her and today's DNC utterly deplorable.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:40 PM

471 posts, read 826,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
True, the system saw to that. I assume you only mean the right-wing working class, or do you actually believe that only right-wingers are the working class?
Only right-wingers are working class. Left-wingers are elitists, wannabe elitists, or welfare bums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections