Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM

580 posts, read 1,680,639 times

Advertisements

I hope Hillary Clinton is working even more harder, since she just lost Wyoming. She needs to work harder.
I watch television alot, and almost most all of the time I'm watching tv it's the latest news on politics. So what have I come across, in my oppinion it is as if almost the media ( or majority ) favor's Obama... but its okay because they have the right to express their thoughts.
Obama completely crossed out Michigan and Florida, assuming their votes dont count and basicly told us that we need to obey the rules... and we wont have a who say in this election. That is very disturbing to me, and for his name not to be even on the ballot in Michigan ( although it was on Florida who broke the same rule ) that also is disturbing. So I guess he came out with the finger ... she did it too ... suggesting he can go ahead and do the same. It's so much I can write about that I've observed myself but I dont feel like explaining it. So after it all boils down, I think I'm starting to see who I want to win the election. Whether the person I choose ( still undecided ) wins the election or not who ever wins the election I will then accept that fact, and like the winner just as much. If the candidate I choose ever so happen does win the election and become president... and happen to do a horrible job in office, I wouldnt feel bad because then I know the other would have did just two times worst. There is a time for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 07:22 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
I thought he might be attempting haikus!
Obama voters
Think math and hope will save him
From superdelegates

Old 03-08-2008, 07:28 PM

My brain floats away
"Enlightened by Obama"
I miss reality

Old 03-08-2008, 08:00 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
OBAMA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
Its gonna be Obama-

I'm just curious, is anybody surprised that it is Obama?

I am. Three months ago, Hillary's nomination was almost a foregone conclusion but I had high hopes for Bill Richardson. Senator Obama was my second choice. Here we are in mid-March, and Richardson has been out of the race for two months, Clinton is staggering and Obama has a considerable lead.

Who could have foreseen this?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,163 times
Exclamation Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
Obama completely crossed out Michigan and Florida, assuming their votes dont count and basicly told us that we need to obey the rules... and we wont have a who say in this election. That is very disturbing to me, and for his name not to be even on the ballot in Michigan ( although it was on Florida who broke the same rule ) that also is disturbing.
Sorry, but you've been misinformed. ALL of the Democratic candidates signed their names in agreement to not count Michigan and Florida because they broke the rules. ALL of them. Obama's name was on Florida's ballot because he didn't have time to go through the necessary paper work to remove it like he did in Michigan, and by then, Edwards wasn't even in the race anymore. They (Obama and Edwards) were the only two that stuck to their word. The DNC ultimately is responsible for invalidating FL and MI, not the candidates or the voters. But hey, your politicians broke the rules, so be mad at them!

Lastly, Hillary's back door tactic of leaving her name on the Michigan ballot is proof of her unethical character. Her campaigning if Florida is proof as well. She knew all along that these states were not going to be counted, but wanted to have a "card" to play at the end, now, for a last minute trump. It will not work though, as Howard Dean is not going to seat the delegates.

Shame on Hillary for going back on her word...why did she even sign in agreement a year and a half ago if she wasn't going to stick to her decision? This is not someone I want running the country.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Her campaigning if Florida is proof as well.
Hillary didn't campaign in Florida.

One of the Florida posters here said that Obama ran a ton of TV ads in Florida though.

Where did you get your faulty information?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Recap:

Hillary was supposed to be the frontrunner, with her powerful Clinton political machine before this all started. She stepped into a race with a superior force in Obama and she has been reduced to a desperate, begging, lying flake. She's incredibly low class. This is obvious. Obama does not need Hillary supporters to win because he has enough enlightened people in this country who recognize that he stands for far more than that hollow woman stands for. This is why he's WINNING. Being second does not win the nomination and it certainly doesn't mean that you should stay in the race. Hillary has been soundly rejected. She can concede now or later.

When Barack wins, you Hillary crybabies have a choice to make. You can support mcCain and a continuation of the Bush retard policies or you can support the great Barack Obama, and move this country out of the Dark Ages. But make no mistake about it, Obama will prevail.
You sound brainwashed and angry. "The great Barack Obama"...sounds like the Wizard of Oz. A lot.

Also, I always laugh when people say "make no mistake"...then proclaim their opinion as truth. Very silly. You have no more knowledge of what is going to happen anymore than my dog.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

One of the Florida posters here said that Obama ran a ton of TV ads in Florida though.

chelsea and bill was in FL, and hillary was at some fund raising function.

Obama ran the ad on national cable, not likely that he could bypass FL lol

Old 03-08-2008, 10:16 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,163 times
Wink Information not faulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Information not faulty...I read very well, maybe too well. BTY when you attend a fundraising event, you are essentially campaigning! Why else would you go?

Specifically read caption under her photo. She managed to stay there long enough to "thank" her voters. Hillary Wins Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
chelsea and bill was in FL, and hillary was at some fund raising function.

Obama ran the ad on national cable, not likely that he could bypass FL lol
Thanks expat007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections