Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,096,354 times

Advertisements

So you listen to and believe Hannity? Somehow I don't think you a 'Democrat who doesn't like Obama"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times
I'm not a Democrat and listen to Hannity and Colmbs because they both disagree a lot and one is Republican and the other is a Democrat and have a fair debate. My background is from Europe and I have seen what the Soc. health care has done and specially is not doing, so I base it in facts not hope and change before I know what the changes will be and Obama doesn't give one fact.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:46 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,908,018 times
I am from Europe and most other Europeans (and Candadians) that I know are shocked that such a wealthy (if you consider a country with trillion dollar debt wealthy) does not have a national health care system.

As for people who dislike Obama, a poll came out stating he leads in voters that are college educated, and Hillary leads with those without a college education. So I guess my answer is those do not like Obama seem to be uneducated, that is just my logical assessment.

And the person who posted on here that they dislike Obama because his supporters are thugs, only proves this fact of lack of education and abundance of ignorance.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:01 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Because his level of dignity, character, depth, and versatility is unrecognizable by the uneducated. These are people who can only understand Hillary's simple-minded rhetoric, empty promises, hollow presentation, and meaningless "experience."

you are typical of why I dislike Obama
it is that "high and lifted up " bull crap
you seem to be a carbon copy of how he views folks
if you disagree with him then you must be stupid
your sign on the bottom of your name says it all
"CREATING MY OWN REALITY"
you and Obama are doing just that
but don't include me in that distorted fantasy
let's wait until it's decided in Aug
but by all means
keep yammering!!

Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I am from Europe and most other Europeans (and Candadians) that I know are shocked that such a wealthy (if you consider a country with trillion dollar debt wealthy) does not have a national health care system.

As for people who dislike Obama, a poll came out stating he leads in voters that are college educated, and Hillary leads with those without a college education. So I guess my answer is those do not like Obama seem to be uneducated, that is just my logical assessment.

And the person who posted on here that they dislike Obama because his supporters are thugs, only proves this fact of lack of education and abundance of ignorance.

maybe you should do some back ground reading on Obama
and who his friends are
there is a close buddy of his right now on trial for
racketeering that will be interesting
or the death threats made to Tavis Smiley and his ELDERLY MOTHER
or saying there will be riots in the streets if he does not win
where I come from that is call "strong arm'
tactics

and then here is my favorite
if you don't support Obama you are
racist
good grief!

Old 03-09-2008, 10:20 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,200,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Right!

What a misleading question. Only a Republican would suggest that Democrats dislike Obama when it is so clear that the majority want Obama [including many Republicans].

The majority of the comments on this thread are Republicans crudely trying to make it sound like Democrats do'nt support Obama because of racism. Like calling the average Republican intelligent [when everyone knows they are generally poorly educated & react by impulsive racism. What a joke UB50 is!
I don't like Obama for president this time around simply because of his lack of experience. I truly feel that he cannot deliver on his promise of change. We all want change, but just having the desire is not enough. He has no concrete plans for making change.

I also dislike like Obama because of the type of people that support him. They will call Hillary foul ugly names and then turn around and say that she runs a negative campaign. And what I see is that Obama supporters are the ones running a negative campaign against Hillary and Obama has done nothing to stop it. So what if he hasn't called her those names, he has his supporters to do that for him. His hands appear to stay clean. But how can he not be aware of what they are doing???? So it seems to me that I can see his administration being one where Obama is some pretty figurehead and his staff will be mudslinging wildly and out of control at non blacks and anyone that disagrees with him. I find that some black Obama supporters too quickly using the race card. Just yesterday some Obama supporter on this board said that Hillary and Bill were working hard against having a black man become president. And that's really ridiculous. Hillary wants to be president and Obama is just another competitor to her.

So the Obama supporters are making me really turn off from him. The more often they call her the C word or the B word, or call her evil... the more likely I will vote for McCain in the fall. And I am not alone in feeling this way.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
About experience or lack of: What a smart president does, as I'm sure everyone knows, is hire (like any CEO would) experts to advise him. George Bush did this with Colin Powell who advised him AGAINST going to war with Iraq because he knew that was a war we could not win. Did Bush listen? No. Obama would listen if it were for the good of the people. Would Hillary listen? Only if it would help her politically.

what??!!
did Obama listen when he knew that Rezko was UNDER INVESTIGATION
and he was a SEATED SENATOR???
Hell no, he wanted what he wanted and bought the land after it was put in Rezko" wife's name
Then Obama called his decision BONEHEADED
good grief
what does it take to question his JUDGEMENT
his INTEGRITY
his SELFISHNESS
get real
He has no business in the White House
except as a guest and even that is up for debate

Old 03-09-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't like Obama for president this time around simply because of his lack of experience. I truly feel that he cannot deliver on his promise of change. We all want change, but just having the desire is not enough. He has no concrete plans for making change.

I also dislike like Obama because of the type of people that support him. They will call Hillary foul ugly names and then turn around and say that she runs a negative campaign. And what I see is that Obama supporters are the ones running a negative campaign against Hillary and Obama has done nothing to stop it. So what if he hasn't called her those names, he has his supporters to do that for him. His hands appear to stay clean. But how can he not be aware of what they are doing???? So it seems to me that I can see his administration being one where Obama is some pretty figurehead and his staff will be mudslinging wildly and out of control at non blacks and anyone that disagrees with him. I find that some black Obama supporters too quickly using the race card. Just yesterday some Obama supporter on this board said that Hillary and Bill were working hard against having a black man become president. And that's really ridiculous. Hillary wants to be president and Obama is just another competitor to her.

So the Obama supporters are making me really turn off from him. The more often they call her the C word or the B word, or call her evil... the more likely I will vote for McCain in the fall. And I am not alone in feeling this way.

I was going to sit out this election if Obama gets the nomination by his
strong arm crap
but I am with you
I will vote for Mcain real quick

Old 03-09-2008, 10:40 AM

163 posts, read 908,983 times
I think most people dislike him because they feel he is unproven, and an unpredictable gamble...while they believe Hillary is a proven, predictable, sure thing.

It's interesting, because in past elections, all candidates were a bit of a gamble, because voters had no way of really knowing what they would really be like as president. But with Hillary, they feel that they do know what she'll be like, because of Bill's presidency.

People who liked Bill, and who enjoyed a favorable political and economical experience in the 1990's, think that if Hillary wins...it'll be the 1990's all over again. It'll be the Bill Clinton presidency all over again. I disagree with this, but I think this is the perception many Hillary supporters have.

But they see Obama as an unknown, who might be all talk.

Basic human psychology tells us that people are most comfortable with things that are familiar to them, things that they are used to, and are predictable...even if those things are bad for them. This is why battered women stay with their abusive husbands, this is why former inmates become depressed when they get released from prison....because many people would rather stay in a miserable, unhealthy, but familiar situation...rather than deal with the uncomfortable scariness of the unknown. And in this race, Obama is the unknown.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
I think most people dislike him because they feel he is unproven, and an unpredictable gamble...while they believe Hillary is a proven, predictable, sure thing.

It's interesting, because in past elections, all candidates were a bit of a gamble, because voters had no way of really knowing what they would really be like as president. But with Hillary, they feel that they do know what she'll be like, because of Bill's presidency.

People who liked Bill, and who enjoyed a favorable political and economical experience in the 1990's, think that if Hillary wins...it'll be the 1990's all over again. It'll be the Bill Clinton presidency all over again. I disagree with this, but I think this is the perception many Hillary supporters have.

But they see Obama as an unknown, who might be all talk.

Basic human psychology tells us that people are most comfortable with things that are familiar to them, things that they are used to, and are predictable...even if those things are bad for them. This is why battered women stay with their abusive husbands, this is why former inmates become depressed when they get released from prison....because many people would rather stay in a miserable, unhealthy, but familiar situation...rather than deal with the uncomfortable scariness of the unknown. And in this race, Obama is the unknown.

oh, well I see
me voting for Hillary is saying I am distorted and dysfunctional
and I am trying to "capture the past"
and your voting for Obama means you are
"enlightened" and "well informed" and "courageous"

I would beg to differ
I am voting for Hillary Clinton because of the two I feel she is better qualified
is she perfect? Hell no
I am not voting for Obama because over the last year I have heard him in all the debates
as well as how he acts when put on the spot
he does not do well
he panics
he gets angry when confronted
he lies
he covers up his lies
his ego is huge
please do not insult me with your platitudes about why I am voting for Hillary
the next thing is you will be telling me I am voting for her because she is white and a woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections