Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does anyone believe votes were changed by the Russians in Presidential Electon?
Yes 1 1.75%
No 55 96.49%
I don't care 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 01:36 PM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozintime View Post
I propose that the Russians did change some votes. It has been stated that they did hack voting machines.....there is only one reason for this.

So, if they did hack the voting machines......and votes were changed, would we be told about it? Wouldn't this cause such an uproar that it would call our whole system into question? I mean, it only makes sense that if they did get into machines......they didnt change votes? There is only one reason to hack a voting machine....unless they were wanting to keep a running live tally to hack machines somewhere else? Really, think about it.....I say they would do what they are doing now and just deny it.

And, nothing has been done to prevent this in the future that we are aware of.
No!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 01:41 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,596,109 times
Russians? Nope.

"It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes."

Old 07-05-2017, 10:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
I propose that the Russians did change some votes. It has been stated that they did hack voting machines.....there is only one reason for this.

So, if they did hack the voting machines......and votes were changed, would we be told about it? Wouldn't this cause such an uproar that it would call our whole system into question? I mean, it only makes sense that if they did get into machines......they didnt change votes? There is only one reason to hack a voting machine....unless they were wanting to keep a running live tally to hack machines somewhere else? Really, think about it.....I say they would do what they are doing now and just deny it.

The tRump thing did say the elections were rigged and fixed.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:52 AM

843 posts, read 1,433,886 times
Do I think they changed votes, no. Do I think there is a possibility of them hacking into the voter rolls and changing enough information to keep people from voting? Yes.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:08 PM

252 posts, read 124,333 times
Quote:

Nope. I do think illegals voted,people voted in 2 states,and dead peoples left on the voter rolls voted.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Influenced? Maybe somewhat. Changed? No.
The point is that they did try, and they wanted the Donald, now the question is Why.

Off Topic: One thing many of you that discount the hacking attempts seem to have either overlooked or ignored is the fact that the Russians were also trying to hack into our power grid. Now That folks is a far more ominous sign of what they want to be able to do to this Nation and as such should be denounced by our Leaders. Unfortunately that same Leader that was elected seems to not even want to say that Russia did anything, again the question begs to be asked, Why.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:59 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Russians? Nope.

"It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes."
Stalin

Old 07-06-2017, 10:01 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
I think we had illegals and dead people voting in some states but the Russians had nothing to do with it. The courts keep preventing our state from requiring voter I. D. so we can stop some of that from happening. That wouldn't really help when a precinct official fakes many absentee ballots though. In Eastern N. C. many absentee ballots were found to have different names but the same handwriting did them all.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:42 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times
Russia did not change any votes but they did work hard to influence the gullible American voting public.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:39 PM

9,893 posts, read 7,238,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatp View Post
Do I think they changed votes, no. Do I think there is a possibility of them hacking into the voter rolls and changing enough information to keep people from voting? Yes.
I don't believe that votes were changed either. Did they hack into voter rolls and make it so people couldn't vote? That's possible but the effort needed to hack into so many individual databases to reduce suspicion seems remote.

What I believe the "hacking" really centers around is the the disinformation we saw during the election cycle. The fake news, the wikileaks timing, etc. just seemed too convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeplorablePopulist View Post
Nope. I do think illegals voted,people voted in 2 states,and dead peoples left on the voter rolls voted.
But would there really be enough of them working in a concerted effort to actually affect the election? IMHO, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Influenced? Maybe somewhat. Changed? No.
The point is that they did try, and they wanted the Donald, now the question is Why.

Off Topic: One thing many of you that discount the hacking attempts seem to have either overlooked or ignored is the fact that the Russians were also trying to hack into our power grid. Now That folks is a far more ominous sign of what they want to be able to do to this Nation and as such should be denounced by our Leaders. Unfortunately that same Leader that was elected seems to not even want to say that Russia did anything, again the question begs to be asked, Why.
I personally believe that Russia would rather have Trump as President instead of Clinton. IMHO, they feel he is easily manipulated to make decisions that will favor them. Why? Simple - Money. Trump has been pursuing business opportunities in Russia since the late 80's and has never been able to get anywhere. It's the only major market without Trump businesses. It makes sense for him to be more lenient towards Russia if he felt that it would be easier for him to business there after he leaves office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections