Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,071,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
After 9/11 which countries do we invade to get Al-qaeda?
Bin Laden in Afganistan. Al-qaeda would not have been in Iraq if we didn't get rid of Saddam. Al-qaede would have been confined to Afganistan.

Quote:
What do we do about Saddam?
Nothing leave him there. We armed him right? When he was in power dispite his wrong doings Iraq wasn't in shambles like it is now. Al-qaeda couldn't set foot in Iraq under Saddam.

Quote:
What do we do about Iran saying it wants to wipe Israel off the map and trying to pursue WMDs?
Better question they said that after Bush listed all the counties on the Axis of evil. So what should these counties or the world do about us?

Quote:
What do we do about radical islam spreading across the globe?
Let those counties that it infests deal with it. You don't see China or Russia coming to US trying to stamp out Evangelicals.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:36 PM

473 posts, read 1,246,101 times
Decent point about Afghanistan and I agree with you there.
Here's where you are off..
Saddam is the closest thing we've seen to Hitler since Hitler. He needed to be taken out.

You say what should Iran do about us? How much money has Iran given to Africa to fight AIDS? How many countries did Iran save from dictators? Did Iran come to the aid of Europe to stop Hitler? Who saved Russia from bankruptcy.. was it Iran? Oh no, it was America. Who gives the most aid to 3rd world countries? Iran. Oh no, America. Who murders gay? Oh yeah, Iran. You acting like Iran is a good moral country has told me a lot of what kind of person you are.

And don't chase al-qaeda around the world? Shall we just wait til they come here again on planes? Or perhaps cross our border in Mexico? Whoever you are voting for president, I pray the country votes the opposite.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:37 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
ok, Al qaeda is not truly demolished. But they are decreasing in numbers. You feel better?

I never felt bad, I felt your credibility was nil when you open a thread with misleading statements.

I know it's always sunny in BushWorld and residents believe just saying something makes it so but that doesn't fly in the real world.

I've seen you cite Greenspan in several threads about the war being about oil, why not cite his opinions of Dubya, or would that be too close to reality?

And as far as your statement you'd go if drafted, your 're really commited to the cause as long as it's not your blood, aren't you?

You've accused peole of not beiong ready for the truth, maybe if you started telling some you'd be surprised.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:45 PM

Greenspan is not a bush supporter. I never said that. My point with Greenspan is that if he thinks the war is for oil, then it probably is. He's a smart guy privy to more information than all of us put together. What else did you attack me about??. Oh, if drafted I would go fight terrorism. Absolutely. I wouldn't hesitate. America is the greatest nation on this earth. We give to the poor. We stop evil. We fight dictators. We believe that everyone should have basic human freedoms. We aren't perfect but we believe in a god bigger than ourselves. We've at some point in time, come to the aid of almost every country on this planet. I know it's easy to hate the good guy, the big guy, everyone roots for the underdog, but I love my country and I'd fight for it.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Everyone seems to agree that Bush is an idiot. That's scary that all of America agrees on something. My point is this. What should we of done about the following?

After 9/11 which countries do we invade to get Al-qaeda?
You don't invade/occupy a nation state when your enemy isn't one, attempting to fight an unconventional enemy with conventional strategy is a recipe for a debacle.

Quote:
What do we do about Saddam?
Being he was an enemy of al Qaeda we should've used him to our advantage in Iraq while pursuing our attackers.

Quote:
What do we do about Iran saying it wants to wipe Israel off the map and trying to pursue WMDs?
That's a sticky situation but it sure makes no sense to go off half-cocked to war because somebody says they want something. I want a Ferrari but every time I go out to the garage there isn't one there

Quote:
WHat do we do about radical islam spreading across the globe?
We defend America. If the US military has to fear anyone we oughta be finding out where all the $$$ went over the years.

Quote:
Just curious how you think our president should of handled those issues.

For a start by thinking BEFORE he acted

Old 03-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Greenspan is not a bush supporter. I never said that. My point with Greenspan is that if he thinks the war is for oil, then it probably is. He's a smart guy privy to more information than all of us put together. What else did you attack me about??. Oh, if drafted I would go fight terrorism. Absolutely. I wouldn't hesitate. America is the greatest nation on this earth. We give to the poor. We stop evil. We fight dictators. We believe that everyone should have basic human freedoms. We aren't perfect but we believe in a god bigger than ourselves. We've at some point in time, come to the aid of almost every country on this planet. I know it's easy to hate the good guy, the big guy, everyone roots for the underdog, but I love my country and I'd fight for it.

Attack you? Thin skinned are you? I asked a few questions. What's the matter, no good answers? I see sound bites like "We give to the poor" and "We stop evil" Those aren't answers, they're feel good blather that no more justify a war of choice than wearing a lapel pin makes one a patriot.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:54 PM

I agree that Saddam was an enemy of Al-qaeda. Actually he was an enemy to anyone but his family and close friends. And even to those, he was a potential enemy. Everything else I disagree with. We had to protect the flow of oil in the middle east, we had to put pressure on Iran going nuclear with a islamic fascist leader saying he wants Israel wiped out and we had to establish a base to fight Al-qaeda. It all worked pretty well. We lost lives. That is war. We lost money. That is also war. But we brought freedom to a region that needs to get out of the dark ages. Al-qaeda is not as strong. Iran has backed down from uranium enrichment and the flow of oil is safe. Life isn't perfect. I'm just glad our leader had the guts to take the non-popular approach to these problems. Things could be much much worse.

Think about a nuclear Iran with a warhead pointed at Israel with a loony islamic extremist with his finger on the trigger. Think about if he fired it. Israel would fire back. We're talking WWIII. Think about Al-qaeda invading Saudi Arabia and cutting off oil and paying $20 gallon. We would go into an immediate depression. Think about another plane flying into downtown chicago. Those are what COULD of happened but didn't.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:57 PM

We stop evil and we give to the poor are bad answers? I'm confused. I'll be more specific.

Mexico and Russia were bound for bankruptcy when we bailed them out = give to poor
We give more money to Africa to help with AIDS than any other country = give to poor
We fought Nazi Germany, fought Saddam, Fought many terrible dictators = stop evil

Specific enough?

Old 03-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Think about a nuclear Iran with a warhead pointed at Israel with a loony islamic extremist with his finger on the trigger. Think about if he fired it. Israel would fire back. We're talking WWIII. Think about Al-qaeda invading Saudi Arabia and cutting off oil and paying $20 gallon. We would go into an immediate depression. Think about another plane flying into downtown chicago. Those are what COULD of happened but didn't.

Please! An asteroid COULD have crashed into earth last night. You're a real hero, claiming you'd go if drafted when everyone knows there's no draft, then wanting to talk about possibly, maybe, could bes be reason for war. The neo-con fear mongering and people who buy into it are bigger threats to America than Saddam ever was.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
We stop evil and we give to the poor are bad answers? I'm confused. I'll be more specific.

I'm shocked! I agree with you about something! You are confused.

Try to keep up, I didn't say they were bad answers, I said they were sound bites that justify nothing. They certainly have nothing to do with Bush and his legacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.