Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Sounds exactly like the plan used to promote Bill Clinton's wife since 2000. Seat in the Senate, then run at Presidency. Others in the DNC, especially White men, need not apply. They will be shut out like what they did to Bernie.
Kamala Harris’ coming out party as the person chosen to be manufactured as a puppet for the rich and powerful going into 2020 became obvious last month with the publication of an article in The New York Post titled, Dems’ Rising Star Meets With Clinton Inner Circle in Hamptons. Here are a few excerpts:

Kamala Harris Is Being Aggressively Manufactured For 2020 By Wealthy Clinton Donors

(if true, I see another Trump victory)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 11:00 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Oh, jeez, Waldo...

I was gonna give you a rep point for at least coming up with new material...

But then you had to nail the political corpse of Hillary Clinton to the thread...

Old 08-02-2017, 11:38 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
I don't like her, but then I don't like anyone who thinks that American's shouldn't own guns. I will not vote for a Democrat who toes the party line on guns. For that matter, I won't vote for anyone who shows signs of being anti-2A, regardless of party - like Peter King, that douche. And I'm glad that Rino Dean Skelos is out of office. All he had to do, as Senate majority leader, was refuse to bring SAFE act up for a vote, but no. Traitor.
Until I can have a concealed carry as a resident of NJ, or NY, MD, CA and others are forced to fall in line with what are already more-than-reasonable gun laws that the rest of the country abides by; until the entire Bill of Rights is recognized for all citizens; until organizations like the ACLU quite pretending there is no second amendment, everything else I believe in takes a back seat. BOR first. (And we've got some work to do on the 4th, as well.)

Old 08-02-2017, 12:00 PM

404 posts, read 193,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sounds exactly like the plan used to promote Bill Clinton's wife since 2000. Seat in the Senate, then run at Presidency. Others in the DNC, especially White men, need not apply. They will be shut out like what they did to Bernie.
Kamala Harris’ coming out party as the person chosen to be manufactured as a puppet for the rich and powerful going into 2020 became obvious last month with the publication of an article in The New York Post titled, Dems’ Rising Star Meets With Clinton Inner Circle in Hamptons. Here are a few excerpts:

Kamala Harris Is Being Aggressively Manufactured For 2020 By Wealthy Clinton Donors

What are the Dems thinking of in their hour of need?. Not much learned from 2016, was there ?. Now, they are lining up Kamala Harris, a coastal elite new favorite, to lead the charge in 2020. Where Hillary had neither the energy or interest to court working class votes in the heartland, Kamala Harris will further alienate these same voters and make no bones about doing so in the process.

Could we see a Kamala Harris / Keith Ellison DNC nomination for 2020?. Trump would be thanking the heavens and counting his blessings if that were to happen.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Oh, jeez, Waldo...

I was gonna give you a rep point for at least coming up with new material...

But then you had to nail the political corpse of Hillary Clinton to the thread...
You don't think it's exactly the same plan?

Old 08-02-2017, 12:20 PM

8,420 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
You don't think it's exactly the same plan?
Look, I get that spamming links back to ZeroHedge, et al, punches up their Google search ratings...

I'm just asking for some fresher offerings...not the same something that's been dragged out and tossed on the table for the past 25 years...

Old 08-02-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Look, I get that your purpose is to post links back to ZeroHedge,
So you are only here to insult me personally. Please take that elsewhere. It's off topic and completely unnecessary.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:26 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
If Dems like abortion so much, she would be a good argument.

I think Harris might even be offputting to some liberals. Once you start peeling that onion, there are an awful lot of noxious fumes to sting your eyes.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:51 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:

No wonder the Democrats love the Spirit of 1972, including a McGovern-like crushing. Identity politics worked so well we now have Donald Trump.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:57 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,522,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
What are the Dems thinking of in their hour of need?. Not much learned from 2016, was there ?. Now, they are lining up Kamala Harris, a coastal elite new favorite, to lead the charge in 2020. Where Hillary had neither the energy or interest to court working class votes in the heartland, Kamala Harris will further alienate these same voters and make no bones about doing so in the process.

Could we see a Kamala Harris / Keith Ellison DNC nomination for 2020?. Trump would be thanking the heavens and counting his blessings if that were to happen.
Sen. Harris would likely be the most progressive General Election candidate since LBJ. She straddles the centrists & the Left in the party. She offers extensive political experience, but a very limited foreign policy resume (does that matter in the Trumpista Age?). The biggest questions in my view are: 1) is she going to run? and 2) does she have the charisma to stand out in the primaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
If Dems like abortion so much, she would be a good argument.

I think Harris might even be offputting to some liberals. Once you start peeling that onion, there are an awful lot of noxious fumes to sting your eyes.
What absurd backstory leads to this comment?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-02-2017 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections