Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:09 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,372,956 times

Advertisements

I would stop using the words 'Hillary Clinton' and start using a lot more 'John McCain' in my speeches. Start attacking the GOP and forget about Hillary. She's done, anyway and the real fight is in November. Forget about the pastor and the namecalling and go back to the issues, especially the GWB economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 09:12 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,253,162 times
Yeah, this horror show will continue into the Dem convention, while McCain can just rest, raise money, and prepare for the general election with all these great sound bites coming from the Dems about each other.

THANKS SUPER-DELEGATES !!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
the GWB economy.
Gotta love it. So the Democrats have controlled both houses of Congress for more than a year now, but it's the "GWB economy". When the economy came back strong in 2003-2005, after the tax cuts, was it the "GWB economy" then?

Did GWB force morons to take 100% ARM mortgages when interest rates were already sitting at 5%? I thought GWB was invading Iraq just for oil, so given that conspiracy, wouldn't he be helping our economy with all the cheap oil we're "stealing" from Iraq?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:08 AM

440 posts, read 331,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Gotta love it. So the Democrats have controlled both houses of Congress for more than a year now, but it's the "GWB economy". When the economy came back strong in 2003-2005, after the tax cuts, was it the "GWB economy" then?

Did GWB force morons to take 100% ARM mortgages when interest rates were already sitting at 5%? I thought GWB was invading Iraq just for oil, so given that conspiracy, wouldn't he be helping our economy with all the cheap oil we're "stealing" from Iraq?
With the exception of a few members, they're all crooks, liars and thieves on both sides of the aisle. At the end of the day, no matter which one of the top tiered candidates is elected, it will not undo the lifetime of political destruction that has turned America into the economical, morally bankrupt, racially divided, dysfunctional society that we are today. This nation needs a complete makeover/do-over.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,212,366 times
Quote:
I thought GWB was invading Iraq just for oil, so given that conspiracy, wouldn't he be helping our economy with all the cheap oil we're "stealing" from Iraq?
The invasion was supposed to release the oil into the global market and drive OPEC countries out of business through a glut of cheap Iraqi oil. The insurgency ruined that plan right from the start.

Aside from that, the President has little control over the economy. Most of the blame for our current mess rests at the feet of the Federal Reserve and the banks (and those that borrowed too much for a house they couldn't afford). The last thing we need right now is more government monkeying in the economy.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:

Settle down, sport.
Speaking as part of the Democratic party line, it's 'GWB's economy. I have no fantasies that GWB could manage even his own checkbook. The word 'useful idiot' comes to mind...he can't even hold The (My) Pet Goat right-side up.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:21 PM

5,271 posts, read 14,600,229 times
Quote:
I would stop using the words 'Hillary Clinton' and start using a lot more 'John McCain' in my speeches. Start attacking the GOP and forget about Hillary. She's done, anyway and the real fight is in November. Forget about the pastor and the namecalling and go back to the issues, especially the GWB economy.
That's a very shrewd point. If he wants to win, taking ther high road isn't a bad way to go. It's also a "uniting" message.

Good strategy. Maybe you could get a job as his cheif strategist. His last one just left.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
That's a very shrewd point. If he wants to win, taking ther high road isn't a bad way to go. It's also a "uniting" message.

Good strategy. Maybe you could get a job as his cheif strategist. His last one just left.
Sorry...too busy trying to convince Ron Paul to establish the 'Constitution Party'.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:27 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,861,819 times
He may as well stop using Hillary's name, won't do any good though, the fire of Rev. Wright is at his campaign door.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Settle down, sport.
I'm not your sport and don't patronize me hot shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections