Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:30 AM

939 posts, read 2,381,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
OH, I AM SO SURPRISED that Hillary supporters think Obama delivered a week speech. Of course Hillary supporters weren't listening. What can you expect? NOT MUCH! For the people who did listen, we know he did an outstanding job delivering a very difficult speech and political analyst have also agreed.

I think for Obama supporters it was considered a very good speech and one that was necessary to get his campaign back on track. For most ardent, unwavering Clinton supporters, I'm sure it was weak. For the majority of the undecideds who were uncomfortable with the Reverend Wright association, it probably made them less concerned about Obama being the angry black man candidate and put those voters right back on the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 11:30 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novamom06 View Post
Outstanding speach, outstanding, inspirational leader. He is very sincere and speaks from his heart. Honestly, what more can we ask for?
Substance?

Old 03-18-2008, 11:31 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,333,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Talk about a spin, lol. This is the greatest one yet.
It is not spin-it is truth. I could easily go around and say whatever I wanted to about my dead grandmother-talk about conversations we supposedly had. I think it is disgusting using his dead grandmother to try and cover up the truth about his racist preacher.

Where is the proof his grandmother said these "racist" things?

Old 03-18-2008, 11:34 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,271,070 times
why didnt he say it about his dead mother??
you splitting hairs my dear girl

Old 03-18-2008, 11:35 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,005,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Outstanding speech ... very well put!
Gotta dis-agree. It was with an inspirational tone yet it was one big smelly excuse.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:35 AM

280 posts, read 1,073,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Substance?
There was more substance in that speech than I have ever heard from any other american president or candidate. I've never heard one speak from the heart and resist the temptation to say what they think we want to hear. Sorry, my opinion is that he is full of substance.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:36 AM

939 posts, read 2,381,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
It is not spin-it is truth. I could easily go around and say whatever I wanted to about my dead grandmother-talk about conversations we supposedly had. I think it is disgusting using his dead grandmother to try and cover up the truth about his racist preacher.

So now when anyone talks about their dead relatives there has to be an accompanying piece of evidence to prove its accuracy. Oh boy. Do you really think it's far fetched that his grandmother said she was afraid of black men?

If you did even the tiniest amount of checking, you'd know that he loved his grandmother and this is in no way besmirching her.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:38 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,870,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
He did call him out on his racist comments.

Talk about typical spin...

Read the words of his speech. No where did he use the term "racist" for Jeremiah Wright. He used some other less harsh adjectives, but never the word racist. To some degree, he gave his racist mentor a pass.

Jeremiah Wright is a RACIST.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,271,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Read the words of his speech. No where did he use the term "racist" for Jeremiah Wright. He used some other less harsh adjectives, but never the word racist. To some degree, he gave his racist mentor a pass.

Jeremiah Wright is a RACIST.
thank you Ferraro, when his speeches directly affect you then u can cry me a river

Old 03-18-2008, 11:41 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

Where is the proof that she didn't say those things? This is silly.

You know what, if that's what you got out of that part of his speech then I don't know what else to say to you. All I know is, he cannot be the only person on this earth that has heard racist things come out of his grandmother's or any other family member's mouth yet, still grow up to not share the same sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections