Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 09:01 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,306,708 times

Advertisements

I remember exactly how I was feeling. I was applying a second coat of kilz oil based primer to the living room sub-floor to cover up odors from previous owners and was streaming a TV station online as the new york times election tracker made a dramatic tilt toward Trump being president. Watching the democrat party in disbelief was a very amusing thing to behold. I enjoyed it immensely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 09:37 AM

1,018 posts, read 512,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Fair enough, I like your city BTW. Seattle is beautiful!
Thank you. Now if only we didn't have overcast and rain 8 months of the year. haha

Old 11-19-2017, 10:56 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,274,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Since when did Trump win the white educated vote????
According to Pew he did. I remember reading that right after the election.

I remember specifically, because it reaffirmed that I wasn’t the outcast that the news media was pretending I was.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:07 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,384,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthesiamd View Post
according to pew he did. I remember reading that right after the election.

I remember specifically, because it reaffirmed that i wasn’t the outcast that the news media was pretending i was.
link ??

Old 11-19-2017, 11:10 AM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Okay, so, many times throughout her campaign, Clinton said that she is in it for minorities and women. There are even supporters of her who say they hate white men. Why do you think the white people vote republican every single election?
And Trump retweeted a Neo-Nazi tweet regarding Blacks and crime. Trump also tweeted a racially motivated tweet after the Baltimore riot. Trump has his own issues regarding race. At first the only times he spoke of Blacks was to make stupid comments about them. He basically ignored them until some ministers were begging to speak to him. His "vote for me what do you have left to lose" line was a joke considering that he is for expanding Stop and Frisk nationally. All S&F has been is a way of violating people's rights and doing so with racial profiling in mind. Trump's ignorant "Look at my African-American" over there comment in Redding, CA.

And then there are other Republicans who have made very bigoted comments toward Blacks or have made some other stupid comments.

Frank Artiles' "n" word remarks.
Miami state senator curses at black lawmaker

Trent Lott praising segregationist Dixiecrat Strom Thurmond.
Under Fire, Lott Apologizes for His Comments at Thurmond's Party - The New York Times

Jamie Johnson, head of Homeland Security and his anti-Black remarks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.237afe1d7d89

Iowan Jamie Johnson resigns after past comments revealed

I would also read this. Apparently many Black Republicans are disappointed with President Trump, particularly after the slow response to the Charlottesville incident. President Donald Trump is making it tough to be a black Republican | The Sacramento Bee

I have voted for a Republican Presidential candidate, so don't think I haven't. I am saying that based on what I've seen and heard, and based on your logic, i could say that as a Black man, I have little reason to vote Republican, especially for Trump. And for what it's worth, I voted for Gary Johnson. I didn't pick Clinton or Trump.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:11 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,274,958 times
Quote:
link ??
Behind Trump's victory: Divisions by race, gender and education | Pew Research Center

Quote:
Among whites, Trump won an overwhelming share of those without a college degree; and among white college graduates – a group that many identified as key for a potential Clinton victory – Trump outperformed Clinton by a narrow 4-point margin.
The fact that you found this hard to believe, shows me that the left wing media did its job well.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
link ??
Behind Trump's victory: Divisions by race, gender and education | Pew Research Center

Trump won whites with a college degree 49% to 45%

Old 11-19-2017, 11:40 AM

Trump also won among White Millennials. He won the white vote in virtually every category.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:01 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1234 View Post

YES! It was a great evening.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:13 PM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
YES! It was a great evening.
Only for those who voted for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections