Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 09:15 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,786,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm about as likely to watch Bannon and Hannity as I am to lick the stuff I just scraped off the bottom of my shoe.

(I have dogs.)
Bannon and Hannity are the equivalent of what’s on the bottom of your shoe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 09:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Bannon and Hannity are the equivalent of what’s on the bottom of your shoe.
I would have said armpit sweat lol 😂

Old 11-08-2017, 10:25 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,673,821 times
Must be s slow day in Trumpland when threads are started about what someone is watching on TV

Old 11-09-2017, 12:18 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Ah- Bannon, The Pirate King.
If Gillespie had won, Bannon would have climbed to the top of the mast and crowed, and taken all the credit for the win. Gillespie ran by Steve's rules, using his book.

Steve even got the Dotard who wears a dead ferret on his head to speak up for the guy. Very, very, swell guy that Gillespie is and all.

But Gillespie lost, so Steve, pirate that he is, will whip out his cutlass and cut the poor guy's head off and send it rolling across Hannity's rolling deck.
Cap'n Sean will just smile. His round-bottomed galleon is stuffed with the Pirate King's gold, and he is paid very well to smile and keep on smiling.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-09-2017 at 12:26 AM..

Old 11-09-2017, 01:12 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Must be s slow day in Trumpland when threads are started about what someone is watching on TV
After last night's beat down Trump fans are in a fetal position crying in a corner.

MAGA!!!

Old 11-09-2017, 06:26 AM

956 posts, read 1,208,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Who the hell would waste one second of their life watching Sean Hannity? I would rather be beaten over the head with a baseball bat.

That dude was a Democrat when he started off in radio. Then he magically transformed into a Rush Jr. one day. Another con-man, laughing at all the rednecks he's duping, while he hangs out in Manhattan and the Hamptons with the "liberal elite".

Was he really a Democrat growing up? I didn't know that, but yeah conservatives are so easily gullible and stupid. The biggest joke Fox News is located in NYC.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:20 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,354,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Was he really a Democrat growing up? I didn't know that, but yeah conservatives are so easily gullible and stupid. The biggest joke Fox News is located in NYC.
I don't know if he was officially a Dem, but I listened to Hannity a bit in the mid-1990's, when he first got his start on the radio. He was very moderate, more in the Obama/Clinton mode (not really liberal or conservative). He would constantly attack Giuliani (new mayor of NYC at the time). Keep in mind that Giuliani back then was MUCH more liberal than today, and Hannity would rip him for being too mean and conservative.

I specifically remember Hannity vouching for rent control in NYC, which is EXTREMELY liberal social policy. The state legislature was threatening to take it away and Hannity was ripping on the state. Keep in mind no one had heard of Hannity back then; his show was like 12 AM - 2AM weeknights, on a minor NYC radio station.

Back then Rush Limbaugh was at his peak, and a bunch of up-and-coming radio hosts sought to be next Rush. Hannity, over the course of a year, went from center-left to further right than Rush. It was amazing. Suddenly he was on the (then new) Fox News on some show called Hannity and Combes.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,600,838 times
Quote:
That dude was a Democrat when he started off in radio. Then he magically transformed into a Rush Jr. one day. Another con-man, laughing at all the rednecks he's duping, while he hangs out in Manhattan and the Hamptons with the "liberal elite".
As the saying goes, "When you are young, if you aren't a liberal you have no heart. When you are old, if you aren't a conservative you have no brain."

If you actually watched Hannity you would know that he is a self-made man from an Irish blue collar background like Bannon. Nothing elitist about him. Loves country and western music, has been a marksman since he was a teen, martial arts master, Christian family man. The last thing he wants to do is hang out with rich people in the Hamptons!

Old 11-12-2017, 01:33 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
As the saying goes, "When you are young, if you aren't a liberal you have no heart. When you are old, if you aren't a conservative you have no brain."
Said by an old conservative.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:12 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,600,838 times
Quote:
Hannity is from a very nice, liberal suburb on Long Island, and became rich by copying the Rush fakenews nonsense.
He lived in one of the poshest suburbs in the U.S. long before he became famous and "conservative". Ironically, he lives in a super liberal elite town.
Hannity lives and works in Manhattan. Network recently built a new studio close to his home. Unless I misunderstood and he now lives on Long Island and they built the studio there?

If Hannity was the rich kid why did he work as a dishwasher, bartender, painter, roofer (fell off and broke bones) and do construction jobs when he was young? To see how the other half lives? He worked in radio in small markets for many years before becoming successful as most radio people do. It's not a glamorous job and few succeed. Just ask Al Franken.

How sad that what was once a normal middle class life where dad worked and mom stayed home with the kids is now considered rich, requiring two incomes. My dad grew up on Long Island and they weren't rich. Now of course the same house in the same town is a bloody fortune and the middle class left long ago. You must be too young to remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections