Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 02:27 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,810,574 times

Advertisements

Republicans Thinking About Delaying Alabama Special Election – Mother Jones

Interesting. Seems like Moore has no intention of backing down though, no matter how much is revealed in the next month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Republicans Thinking About Delaying Alabama Special Election – Mother Jones

Interesting. Seems like Moore has no intention of backing down though, no matter how much is revealed in the next month.
It doesn't matter, republicans will vote for him anyway, no matter what.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:01 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It doesn't matter, republicans will vote for him anyway, no matter what.
Still fun to watch REpublican civil war

Old 11-12-2017, 07:32 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,780,213 times
The House majority is up for grabs. If Republicans keep this up, their Senate majority could be in jeopardy. Hopefully Bannon’s bigots pick off enough Republicans in primaries to give Democrats control of both chambers.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:46 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The House majority is up for grabs. If Republicans keep this up, their Senate majority could be in jeopardy. Hopefully Bannon’s bigots pick off enough Republicans in primaries to give Democrats control of both chambers.
I'm not going to hold my breath, but that would be amazing.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:52 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,780,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'm not going to hold my breath, but that would be amazing.
True. Democrats are pros at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:19 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Still fun to watch REpublican civil war
My relatives are all in the south, many in Alabama. I contacted them and they said no way are they voting for Moore but they won't vote democratic either, so they aren't voting.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:14 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My relatives are all in the south, many in Alabama. I contacted them and they said no way are they voting for Moore but they won't vote democratic either, so they aren't voting.
Either way it's a lose lose situation for the GOP

If they lose the seat that's a setback, if they win it further cements the GOP as the party of sexual predators and makes it more difficult to campaign as the party of family values

Old 11-19-2017, 09:09 AM

25,966 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Either way it's a lose lose situation for the GOP

If they lose the seat that's a setback, if they win it further cements the GOP as the party of sexual predators and makes it more difficult to campaign as the party of family values
Did I miss something? I thought there were only "accusations" against Moore that came out of the woodwork from decades ago.

It would be unfortunate that the reason a candidate wins is because they find a way to dig up supposed happenings of decades past, but then, I guess if one isn't a very good candidate and has no chance of winning, ethics goes out the window.

So, what proof did they find that the accusations were fact? We all know that "money" talks!

Old 11-19-2017, 11:46 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,352,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Did I miss something? I thought there were only "accusations" against Moore that came out of the woodwork from decades ago.
No, there were 11 separate victims, corroborated by 40 other individuals, and Moore never even denied the charges.

If the charges aren't true, then why isn't Moore suing? Why doesn't he deny the charges? It's because it's well-known that he's a child rapist. He was even banned from a mall for being a child predator.

You would have to be a crazed Trump cultist to think that 11 victims and 40 witnesses are all lying, he was banned from malls for no reason, and the poor innocent Christian Taliban nut just conveniently forgot to challenge or deny the charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections