Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 03:19 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,370,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Was Donald Trump really selected and not elected?
Obviously, he was legitimately elected. It's only (some of) the wacko liberals who think he was not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 03:28 PM

18,073 posts, read 27,530,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Hillary spent over a billion dollars and lost. What a loser... haha
Doggoneit. Used to be, when you had an election bought, it stayed bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Clinton: There are ‘lots of questions’ about legitimacy of Trump’s election

lol. And all those questions are nothing more than the sewage floating around in the empty chambers of that old hag's brain.

Everybody but she herself understands how the electoral college works.

Now just sit down and shut up, you crazy old cankley fool!
Is the left complaining that they were out-corrupted?

By a non-politician?

Yay it's Friday! This just made my otherwise glum day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
“Help I’ve lost and I can’t shut up!”
Woot woot!

Oh look, a new bestseller...

WHAT HAPPENED?

-Hillary Rodham Clinton

The first book ever to have a question and the answer right on the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
On what planet did those things happen? The only times that she "got out of the limelight" was when she went on a drunken rampage on election night and refused to give her speech, and, when she went out into the woods with her bottle.
Sounds about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
I agree that the top-tier of both parties are schmucks. (Vote them out, people!) But, I disagree with your bigotry accusation. It's simply not true across the Party. However, I know where people get that "view". They get it from Democrats and left-leaning media. You need to consider your sources.

And religion as a primary factor in Repub voting doesn't hold up either. I've known lots of Repubs and easily half of them are non-religious. Some others who are religious, I've asked in the past, "do your religious views influence whether or not you vote for someone depending on that candidates stance on gay marriage or abortion?" The answers I gotten were "No".

Now clearly, for some, those are voting motivators but, not most. That's fallacy. As is the bigoted accusation of bigotry.
This.

At some point in someone's life, they award themselves with the freedom responsibility and dignity to run their own life.

Some of us do it with religion and or spirituality, some don't. If religion works for you, do it. If it doesn't, do something else and find what works.

If you're on this planet and not in at least occasional bliss, you're doing something wrong.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-17-2017 at 04:41 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 03:49 PM

23,949 posts, read 12,739,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
fake. Hillary waited a YEAR exactly NOT to damage the nation. She did the honorable thing, and shame on you for pretending otherwise.

Hillary conceded. Hillary got out of the limelight. Hillary waited a year.
On what planet did those things happen? The only times that she "got out of the limelight" was when she went on a drunken rampage on election night and refused to give her speech, and, when she went out into the woods with her bottle.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:17 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,119,178 times
And people get mad when Hillary is still talked about

Old 11-17-2017, 04:18 PM

20,192 posts, read 9,104,849 times

Old 11-17-2017, 04:24 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,618,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I wish NASA would send Hillary off on a one-way trip to Mars.

That would be a good use of an expendable resource.
LOL.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:29 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,775,993 times
I have never been a Hillary fan, but I find it very sad that she has gone to such lengths post-election to shred herself of any dignity whatsoever. History will have judged her better had she accepted her loss in a dignified manner and retired from politics with her head held high. Instead she has chosen to be the ultimate sore loser and drag herself down.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:33 PM

1,348 posts, read 794,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
The only difference between the parties on the national level these days is the Republicans pull the same idiocy as the Democrats, but also toss a huge heaping of bigotry on top of it, often backed up by "religion," which is doubly disgusting give the hypocrisy of it all and the 1st Amendment's command not to rule by religion.

I'd say both parties are dying, in a way, although the far-right will always vote in lock-step with whichever candidate says they love guns and hate "those people" loud enough. To the credit of Democrats, as Clinton's loss confirms, they are more likely to stay home than the far-right when presented with a horrible candidate; they are clearly not as blinded by partisan idiocy. The ironic drawback is that means the Democrats need to run REAL candidates to win and can't get away with orange clowns or sexual predators wearing cowboy hats. For that reason, crooks like the Clintons need to go.
I agree that the top-tier of both parties are schmucks. (Vote them out, people!) But, I disagree with your bigotry accusation. It's simply not true across the Party. However, I know where people get that "view". They get it from Democrats and left-leaning media. You need to consider your sources.

And religion as a primary factor in Repub voting doesn't hold up either. I've known lots of Repubs and easily half of them are non-religious. Some others who are religious, I've asked in the past, "do your religious views influence whether or not you vote for someone depending on that candidates stance on gay marriage or abortion?" The answers I gotten were "No".

Now clearly, for some, those are voting motivators but, not most. That's fallacy. As is the bigoted accusation of bigotry.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:37 PM

1,348 posts, read 794,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I have never been a Hillary fan, but I find it very sad that she has gone to such lengths post-election to shred herself of any dignity whatsoever. History will have judged her better had she accepted her loss in a dignified manner and retired from politics with her head held high. Instead she has chosen to be the ultimate sore loser and drag herself down.
Well said, and it seems her Party is none-too-happy about her self-entitled hanging on.

Hillary = a drag, any which way you cut it.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
exactly. how quickly they forget.

Obama slams Trump for questioning the integrity of the US election | News | DW | 21.10.2016

"Speaking at a campaign rally in Florida for Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Party nominee for president, Obama called Trump's comments "dangerous." He said Trump's efforts to "sow the seeds of doubt" about the election process undermined the democratic process and emboldened the country's enemies."

is Hillary undermining the democratic process and emboldening the country's enemies?

She waited until after the election.

You're damn right there are lots of questions about Trump's legitimacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections