Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you favor?
Roy Moore 33 28.45%
Doug Jones 83 71.55%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:52 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,231,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I am amazed with all the sexual harassment claims against celebrities, politicians, etc. that the biggest one of all, who was POTUS at the time, wasn't impeached (even though he lied on national TV) was re-elected and his wife, who never said a word, but stood by him for her own political gain. On the other hand, Monica Lewinsky, the intern, was victimized. How conveniently the media never brings that up. OH, I guess because he was a Democrat.
Monica who?

Were you even alive in the 1990s? Kind of doubting it if you think that the media didn't bring it up. It's not all that relevant now given that Bill Clinton isn't running for anything and hasn't for decades but it's not even remotely correct to pretend that it wasn't covered constantly in the media of the day.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:04 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
lol

Sad.

You lost. Get over it.
You exclaim that a poster in Texas lost?

Sad, you are stuck in a tunnel vision bubble of us vs. them. Do you ever consider that most people on the left and on the right have more in common than not?

I'd like to know if the military votes and all the write-in ballots have been counted.

I'd also point out that Moore losing is better for the pubs than if he had won. I guarantee this will be better for them than if Moore had won. So from this perspective, I'd say they actually won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Dont nominate a child molester and win. Dont read anything more into the race. Jones is a 1 term senator.
That is exactly right. Jones will fall into line and simply be another under-performing member of the resistance party. Baman's will be reminded of why they hadn't voted for a Dem in 3 decades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Conservative snowflakes coming out of the woodworks

I think it's hilarious when a snowflake tries to call the other side snowflakes. The usage of Alinsky tactics goes completely unnoticed by everyone

Last edited by steven_h; 12-13-2017 at 10:12 AM..

Old 12-13-2017, 10:04 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,842,291 times
The military vote won't change a thing in this case. Neither will absentee ballots.

And a 1.5% win is nothing for the Dems to stand on their heads and spit jellybeans about. Anywhere but Alabama, the opposition candidate would have garnered at least 80% of the vote amidst these allegations.

Anyone who thinks that Jones will hold onto this seat in 2018 has a strudel in his noodle. Then again, Republicans were dumb enough to run a doddering old predator this time around...

Old 12-13-2017, 10:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Moore is the reason he lost. Alabama is still a deeply conservative Republican state, but Roy Moore is a joke, and Alabamians did not want to elect someone who would embarrass them. He was removed from the Alabama Supreme Court twice for refusing to uphold the law of the land. He shows up at rallies waving a pistol dressed like a cowboy. He has a charity that has paid him and his family members. He is not who he claims to be, which is a good Christian man with good morals. The accusations against him didn't help him, but most people in Alabama had made up their minds about Roy Moore way before those came to light. His main competition in the primary was Luther Strange whose ties to disgraced governor Robert Bentley kept him from winning. Moore should never have been in the race to begin with.
If black voter turnout had been depressed, Alabamians would’ve most definitely put Roy Moore in office...by a landslide.

I’ve seen the clips of people saying that no matter what he did (and they meant that literally), he’d be better than Jones.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:11 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Absentee ballots.
Already counted. Moore lost.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:12 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,174,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Anyone who thinks that Jones will hold onto this seat in 2018 has a strudel in his noodle.
I guarantee you that Jones will hold onto this seat in 2018, 2019, and most of 2020.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:13 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Most people I know and myself wanted him to drop out but he was too stubborn. Anyway, Jones will be a Senator until he has to run against the next Republican...maybe he can get a lobbyist position after he loses the 2020 election.
even if moore had dropped out when the calls for him to do so first happened, what good would it have done except to guarantee that jones would win the election? remember that the calls came out AFTER the ballots were printed, so moores name would have been on he ballot anyway.

as it was the margin of victory was very slim, compared to the estimated margin of victory when the allegations first came out. this tells me that the democrats were, and are, willing to do anything to win elections.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I think that's how Trump won the election. That's what happened with me. I couldn't stand the thought of voting for Hillary so didn't. Of course voting for crazy man Trump was out of the question. I just couldn't. So I didn't vote. Shame on me. The thought that I should have voted for Hillary, makes me throw up in my mouth a little, was then a vote for Trump at the end. I really regret that decision. Never again will I do that, probably same for many others and that's my take on how we ended up with Trump.
I think protest voters (or non-voters) often end up feeling this way. Takes some courage to own up to it - you have my respect for that.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:21 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,236,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No. Moore lost.

Us Republicans don't bish. We accept and move on.
Oh, now THAT's rich!

Old 12-13-2017, 10:24 AM

46,979 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No. Moore lost.

Us Republicans don't bish. We accept and move on.
You should inform your candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections