Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 04:52 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,431,815 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Obama Adviser Faults Bill Clinton Speech

Quote:
MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - Former President Clinton is using divisive tactics and unfairly trying to question Barack Obama's patriotism, a retired general who has a prominent role in the Democrat's campaign said Saturday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 01:12 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,392 times
Well, the more he talks and says these ignorant things, it just makes it worse for her. He has put his foot in his mouth many times which is why Hillary lost in South Carolina. Desperation has taken hold of both them and I can't imagine what is yet to come out of both of their mouths in the next several weeks.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:42 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Here is what Clinton said:

Quote:
Extolling John McCain as “an honorable man,” and talking about McCain’s friendship with his wife, the former president told veterans: “I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country. And people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics.”
The news media faulted Obama's advisor since, nowhere in Clinton's speech did he mention his wife as one of the two people and Obama as not being one of the two people. They felt Bill Clinton meant, in general, it would be nice to have two people arguing about issues instead of all the other junk that comes up during elections.

Obama's advisor was out of line. Is Obama going to denounce and reject him now?

Old 03-23-2008, 03:40 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,756 times
Not only that the advisor brought up McCarthyism (sp) out of left field when bill said nothing of the sort. Many democrats are saying the reaction was over done. So much for Obama as the nice guy this election cycle.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:39 AM

471 posts, read 1,661,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

The news media faulted Obama's advisor since, nowhere in Clinton's speech did he mention his wife as one of the two people and Obama as not being one of the two people. They felt Bill Clinton meant, in general, it would be nice to have two people arguing about issues instead of all the other junk that comes up during elections.

Obama's advisor was out of line. Is Obama going to denounce and reject him now?
Actually he does mention her as one of the two people, but nobody trying to defend Clinton seems to want to include the next words he spoke.

"I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country," Clinton said, "and people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics.
"So that's my argument for her."

Unless you are one of the those who refuse to hear what they don't want to hear, listen to the whole speech and it is very clear he mentions her and McCain.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:40 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,145,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariad View Post
Actually he does mention her as one of the two people, but nobody trying to defend Clinton seems to want to include the next words he spoke.

"I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country," Clinton said, "and people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics.

Unless you are one of the those who refuse to hear what they don't want to hear, listen to the whole speech and it is very clear he mentions her and McCain.
Wow! Thanks for that. It's always so hard to get the whole story. Thanks for the WHOLE quote!

Last edited by laysayfair; 03-23-2008 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariad View Post

Analysis seems to be problem rocking Clinton supporters in this forum. It takes a very much open approach for them to realize what is being said.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,392 times
You would have to be a moron not understand what Bill was trying to say. What two people does he think the American people thought he was referring to? Obama and McCain? PLEASE! He tries to be so subtle with his little snipes and then argues there was nothing wrong with what he said and people misunderstood his comment and wrongly accused. Give me a break. There are many people, including myself who know Bill all too well. He has already proven to the American people he is NOT honest and has a reputation of lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections