Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 11:33 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was removed because the Insurance industry wrote it.
Bill Nelson is the reason it was removed. But I understand that you have your own version of reality and you will not be swayed by facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 11:42 AM

22,196 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Bill Nelson is the reason it was removed. But I understand that you have your own version of reality and you will not be swayed by facts.
Ben Nelson, not Bill (who was in favor of it), but you are correct

Old 03-15-2018, 11:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
A real UHC bill could have easily got someone like Olympia Snowe on board. I have been one of the largest proponents of UHC on here and I would have voted against Obamacare.

I said at the time it was going to do nothing other than become a road block to UHC and that is what it became.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
A real UHC bill could have easily got someone like Olympia Snowe on board. I have been one of the largest proponents of UHC on here and I would have voted against Obamacare.

I said at the time it was going to do nothing other than become a road block to UHC and that is what it became.
I think it's going to end up being a stepping stone to UHC because the GOP is going to destroy the ACA, leaving millions of people who have had insurance for the last six years with nothing again, and they aren't going to take that loss quietly.

Too bad the GOP didn't run with it when they had the chance last year. They could have been the party that brought UHC at long last to America. Instead, they will be remembered as the party that did everything in their power to stop it.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:54 PM

42,860 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Last I heard, there were still uncounted absentee ballots. Also will probably be a recount request.
They've all been counted, the only remaining ones were 200 in Greene County- those have now been counted. As of yesterday the only ballots remaining were a small number of provisional and military ballots.

Lamb widens lead with absentee ballots from Washington, Greene counties | TribLIVE

But I love the narrative that Lamb was elected because he was conservative but the up until the votes were tallied he was being called a liberal.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They've all been counted, the only remaining ones were 200 in Greene County- those have now been counted. As of yesterday the only ballots remaining were a small number of provisional and military ballots.

Lamb widens lead with absentee ballots from Washington, Greene counties | TribLIVE

But I love the narrative that Lamb was elected because he was conservative but the up until the votes were tallied he was being called a liberal.
What will they call him when he votes 100% with the Democrats? Probably something that can't get past the C-D censors.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,692,373 times
Quote:
She's an extreme partisan idiot is why. Under her leadership the (D)'s lost large majorities in the House. It was her words that helped set that off.

She is everything that is wrong with politics. Why do you suppose Lamb made it a point to note that he would not back her as speaker if he won? He isn't in her district.
Uh, maybe because he wants to represent his district?

Old 03-15-2018, 01:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,692,373 times
Quote:
It was removed because the Insurance industry wrote it.
In the end - especially as part of a slow change (we'll get there), there is nothing wrong with insurance companies doing the admin. However, the ACA limited the profits for all the admin overheard to approx. 15% instead of "unlimited".

Even in a best case it would cost 6-8% to admin such a program.

We are not currently being held back by pharma or insurance companies. We are being held back by the GOP. Simple.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:42 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,025,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Last I heard, there were still uncounted absentee ballots. Also will probably be a recount request.

This is no "blue wave." But the Left will claim it is. Razor thin margin, and the Dem was pretending to be conservative. That's the only way he could win. If he ran on the Democrats agenda, he would have lost big time. Wait till he is seated and see how quickly he drops his "conservative" views and bows to Nancy Pelosi. He will be pro-choice, pro-gun control, and he will vote to undo the President's tax cuts if he gets the chance. Mark my words.
What's with all the excuses?

The GOP lost a district that should've been an easy win... again...

Usually that means it is time to be a little introspective.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
I think it's going to end up being a stepping stone to UHC because the GOP is going to destroy the ACA, leaving millions of people who have had insurance for the last six years with nothing again, and they aren't going to take that loss quietly.

Too bad the GOP didn't run with it when they had the chance last year. They could have been the party that brought UHC at long last to America. Instead, they will be remembered as the party that did everything in their power to stop it.
I said it would make Trump extremely popular but that isn't his desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections