Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 11:07 AM

45,598 posts, read 27,230,182 times

Advertisements

Why is Harris rising... other than people want her to rise based on her skin color and gender and political affiliation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 01:18 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why is Harris rising... other than people want her to rise based on her skin color and gender and political affiliation?
I've always been a bit dismissive of the power of the black vote (that's my ignorance), so this article in City Journal was an eye-opener for me. The author points out - "The non-white vote, and especially the African-American vote, plays an underappreciated role in this process. Non-whites almost invariably back the more centrist candidate, providing that person with key support to defeat his or her more liberal challenger."

Okay that makes sense. However - "African-American voters do break from this mold, however, when a serious African-American candidate is running."

That makes even more sense...and when it comes to Kamala Harris - "This is where Senator Harris can do what Sanders could not. As a dynamic, African-American woman, she could follow in Jackson’s and Obama’s footsteps and win African-American votes. If she can combine them with the Obama-Sanders progressive wing of the party, she will easily repeat Obama’s 2008 feat and gain the nomination."

IMHO that's very interesting and a bit worrying considering I have no interest seeing Senator Harris bang heads with Trump. It would be a very ugly election

Last edited by Dockside; 03-22-2018 at 01:34 PM..

Old 03-24-2018, 04:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You'll have to rethink that one. And you better believe any PAC will bring it up. A lot. And the more you folks work the Stormy Daniels angle the more Ms Harris' private life will be outed.
I guarantee you it won't hold a candle to the corrupt, immoral private life led by Donal Trump. Every day we find out what a horrible human being he is.

Gross.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:23 PM

34,244 posts, read 18,607,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yes, she checks all the Progressive IDENTITY POLITICS boxes. If she eventually comes out as a Lesbian, all the better.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:25 PM

34,244 posts, read 18,607,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I guarantee you it won't hold a candle to the corrupt, immoral private life led by Donal Trump. Every day we find out what a horrible human being he is.

Gross.
So the Democrat controlled media comes out with allegations of things years ago, but NO PROOF, and you believe everything they spoon feed you. Maybe think for yourself once in a while?

Old 03-25-2018, 02:02 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So the Democrat controlled media comes out with allegations of things years ago, but NO PROOF, and you believe everything they spoon feed you. Maybe think for yourself once in a while?
how much did your MAGA cap cost?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Forget 2020.

How about 2024. A Kamala Harris vs Condi Rice race could be on the cards.

Condi to win as she is far far classier than Willie Brown's old squeeze.
By 2024 Condi will be way past her prime. I wish it wasn't that way: yes she has class and brains, but she never had a desire to enter politics.

I do not think the country is anywhere ready for a progressive black women: A women, yes, maybe a progressive but not the combination. I think we will see a successful black middle of the road female or a conservative female become our first female president.

Old 03-25-2018, 03:26 PM

533 posts, read 643,828 times
It seems like the right is propping her up much more than the left. I highly doubt that she could win the primaries, let alone the general election.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwsavemoney View Post
It seems like the right is propping her up much more than the left. I highly doubt that she could win the primaries, let alone the general election.
Oh I can pretty much assure you it is not the right that is proper her up. Give me an example of this.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:54 PM

533 posts, read 643,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh I can pretty much assure you it is not the right that is proper her up. Give me an example of this.
This thread and some of the responses on the other threads; Some of my conservative friends has also mentioned her candidacy as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections