Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 12:02 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I have to admit, I wonder about this as well. As much as I dislike Trump and Pence and would like them out, the thought that for the past year and a half, we had pretenders to the throne worries me a lot.

One of my questions would be that if Trump is POTUS only due to foreign interference (and thereby, Pence is only VP due to that interference), then does that mean Clinton actually *is* the POTUS? Or do we go down the chain of command as set in the Constitution? (I could honestly see arguments for both sides.) If we go the Clinton route, then how do we deal with the fact that the first year and a half of her term was 'hijacked'? Not to mention there'll always be a segment that will believe *she's* not the legitimate POTUS. If we go down the CoC, then all the problems you outlined apply--plus, it would almost come across as 'legitimizing' Trump's presidency, and if it were fraudulent, do we want that?

It's a worrisome question.....

I think that the "powers that be" would avoid this scenario at all costs, as that would make us completely vulnerable as a country, and would take a long time to figure out, we would be rudderless.

I suspect many new laws will be put forth in the future to help avoid a lot that has occurred in this presidency.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 12:04 PM

4,027 posts, read 2,712,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
They have been investigating that for well over a year, not a shred of evidence. When are they gonna bring up Hillary's charges for selling uranium and colluding with Russia?
Folk are confessing, at least one jail sentence has been handed down, and Mueller is going further up the ladder and getting subpoenas and raids. That means he's got *something*--what all it is remains to be seen.

As for anything against Clinton: 1.) She's either innocent, or 2.) If something was found, the authorities might have realized they couldn't make stick. That does happen. (And it could very well happen with Trump, as well.)

Old 04-15-2018, 12:15 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,406,022 times
FWIW, I don't think that President Donald Trump gets impeached, even if the House flips to Democratic control in the next election. The Clinton years showed that impeachment without conviction just makes the opposition party look bad. And I don't see 66 votes in the Senate to convict.

But to answer the question posted, if election fraud is somehow proven it doesn't reverse the election. Trump is still President, just with a lot less political capital. A lot less. And even if Trump were impeached, convicted, and removed from office, then Mike Pence moves up to the Presidency - the executive wing stays in Republican control.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:46 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
As I understand it "collusion" itself is not a crime, but the crimes you colluded on are still crimes.

It's weird, and I'm not sure I fully understand it.
Collusion is secret cooperation to deceive and/or cheat others.

It's not a crime sometimes to deceive someone, nor is it a crime to cheat someone else. Sometimes.

The exceptions are rare. Cheating and deception in love or other interpersonal relationships, for example, may not have legal repercussions.

But when money and/or power are involved, there is usually a crime in the middle of a collusion.

When a crime is in it, a collusion turns into a conspiracy, which is almost always a crime. The collusion is the first step to conspiracy. It's going from thought to action.

If two people idly talk about robbing a bank, but the bank is never robbed, that's collusion. If one of them walks in with a sack and asks for money, even with no plans, it becomes conspiracy. Thought to action.

But if two people plan extensively to rob a bank and it never happens, then it's also conspiracy.
Because there was a certain amount of action involved in extensive planning.
That's why there is a crime called attempted bank robbery.

It's sometimes hard to determine the difference between collusion and conspiracy; it's all in degrees, and much is settled by evidence, or the lack of it.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:24 PM

37,179 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
I'm not trying be mellow dramatic, and I take a wait and see approach to these things... but, I am wondering if some of this stuff is going to put the word treason on the table.

Isn't manipulating an election with a foreign country over throw of a government?

But nothing is proven right now, and speculation is just that. It's not uncommon for the system to know someone is guilty of "X" but be unable to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Plus it really does open a huge can of worms (as you listed) which the powers that be may not want to open.
Treason I thought was only applicable in times of war. That is why I think Mueller declared the actions of the 13 Russians and three Russian firms to be an act of war against the United States in the indictments. If anyone in the campaign knew of their activities or assisted them in any way, they can be charged with treason.

Traitor or treasonous, anyone acting against the best interests of the country and conspiring to throw an election is not the sort of person who needs to ever see the light of day again. That's why the Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado was built - to house such scum.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I feel sorry for the suckers who have fallen for this false narrative of Trump colluding with Russia when there isn't a shred of evidence. How do they feel about Hillary colluding with Russia? Facts are there on a silver platter for all to see. Two-tier justice system.

By the way, it's irrelevant because collusion isn't a crime.
No, but being a traitor is, treason is, the RICO law has all sorts of special things it covers.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Got any reliable sources with the evidence to back it up or are you just talking out of your ass? It hasn't been proven that Trump colluded with Russia. It HAS been proven that Hillary Clinton colluded with Russia and sold them Uranium. Why not focus on her and the evidence that backs it up?
Source, please?

Hillary was one of nine people at her level who had the option of accepting or rejecting the U1 deal and informing Obama of their decisions. None of them had any objections, and the lease was signed.

If you have proof of Hillary colluding, conspiring, consorting or cavorting with Russians for pay, please source your evidence.

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Don't we all learn at a young age that if we do something wrong that "So and so did worse" is not a valid defense?
That ranks right up there with "He started it."

Old 04-15-2018, 05:55 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What "collusion?"
1. "Collusion" isn't a crime.
2. The President didn't "collude" with Russia.

I can't believe some of you are still repeating this "collusion" meme.

Get a clue: THERE HAS BEEN NO COLLUSION ON THE PART OF THE TRUMP TEAM.

If anybody has colluded with Russia, it was the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC, who paid for a phony "dossier" on President Trump.

Give it up! You lost the election, and you did it on your own, without any help.
Nothing related to Trump's involvement has even been charged ---- yet
And so what if "collusion" isn't a crime
Obstruction of justice sure is
Conspiracy sure is
Lying to the FBI or under oath sure is
Money-laundering sure is
Fraud sure is
I think before this is over there will be multiple charges against almost every main player in Trump's campaign and personal orbit...

And right now your supposition about what Trump did or didn't do in regard to Russia is just as ephemeral as mine...

We know you are a loyal bot--
You don't have to keep jumping in with the same refrain...

Old 04-15-2018, 05:56 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Not possible. Sean Hannity says it's a "nothingburger" which is all the evidence needed to debunk it.

And even if it were so, Trump is incredibly popular with his base and Russian collusion isn't a big issue for most Trump supporters. I think at most, it will help energize opposition in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections