Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 06:57 AM

45,837 posts, read 61,256,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
As long as she is out there trying to be relevant in politics she's fair game.
And that's the point. She hasn't faded away like most, note I said most, losing candidates of both parties do.

You didn't see Romney doing book tours or speaking to any group that would pay him (he might have, it just didn't make the news). McCain and Kerry went back to the Senate, as did Dole in 1996.

Dukakis went back to Massachusetts, Ford, Carter and GHW Bush all switched to charity organizations with Carter insinuating himself occasionally into politics. Ford also did several corporate boards. Mondale more or less went back to Minnesota.

Gore was about the only losing candidate who did what Clinton is doing. However, he didn't dwell on his loss so much as reinvent himself as a global warming alarmist shrew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 06:58 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,319,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I won't argue the junkie part.

Notice I listed several links and there are plenty more not in the OP.

I didn't create any of them. The media did, so they think its worth reporting on.
I’d never heard of it.

Still, it doesn’t bother me. It’s possible to ignore HRC if she bothers you so much.

What you have here might be an obsession.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:00 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Why hasn't she been locked up, tried, and convicted yet, if Trump and company know she's a criminal?
Congress made a criminal referral. To early to know what will happen with that.

It takes years to get some crime family leaders behind the monkey bars. Just-us is slow.

Its easy to lock up some guy on the street but it takes a lot more to lock up someone in the political power structure. They like to cover for each other no matter what party they are in. They don't know when one of their crimes will be in the spot light and want their pals to have their back too.

They go at each other when the cameras are on, doing their part to feed the media. Behind the scenes they party together. The lobbyist, politicians, lawyers, media, and second tier appointees are all inbred. That's why DC in known as the swamp and its a breeding ground for blood suckers of the tax payers money. They all made out in the omnibus they just passed and we will pay the bill sometime.

Last edited by phma; 04-21-2018 at 07:15 AM..

Old 04-21-2018, 07:01 AM

7,799 posts, read 4,426,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
This is exactly the part I don't get either about HRC's supporters always pointing out she won the popular vote. Yes...she did, by 3 million or so votes. However, this isn't how the "rules of this election" are played. The popular vote isn't how we elect Presidents. Rightly or wrongly, it is NOT how the election is set up. For her and her supporters to keep bringing this up almost makes them sound kind of dumb. If I challenge you to a game of Chess, and you attempt to use the rules of Checkers while playing....guess what ? You're likely to lose.

It's a safe bet that if I were running in an election that was decided by the popular vote, I'd sure as hell campaign differently and use a different strategy than I would if it were structured by the current electoral college. How hard is that to understand ? It seems strange that anyone would keep reminding us that their candidate wasn't smart enough to understand the rules of THIS election (electoral votes)....and NOT a different election (popular vote) they wished it had been.

You can agree or disagree with the electoral college system....but for gods sake, it's there, right in front of you, you can't ignore it and hope it goes away because you won the popular vote. Change the rules of the election and get rid of the electoral college in a legal manner....or change your campaign strategy to one based on the rules as they are......and quite living in "I should be President because I won the popular vote".
You miss the point about the popular vote. When the popular vote is raised by many, it isn't that Hillary somehow won the election, the electoral college is how we choose presidents, it is rather as a counter point that there is a Trump mandate or that he had majority support of the nation when he was elected when he clearly did not.

In other words, his agenda was rejected by more people than who supported it. Yes, he was elected. But do not try to convince anyone that what he stands for is supported by the majority of the nation.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:11 AM

18,545 posts, read 15,381,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’d never heard of it.

Still, it doesn’t bother me. It’s possible to ignore HRC if she bothers you so much.

I dont think her comments really bother anyone. She is a bitter, angry person who refuses to fade off into the sunset like other failed presidential candidates. If she wasn’t the kind of person she is, it might have been possible for her to disappear for a while, let everybody forget about her, and maybe even feel bad for her, and then possibly make a comeback some day. But she is not that person. She blames everyone else for her loss, and she cant bring herself to stay out of the spotlight. That is why it is fun to continue criticizing her.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:14 AM

34,396 posts, read 18,786,652 times
The only thing that makes Hillary "relevant" is her constant media statements, criticisms of Trump, and the possibility she WILL run for President again. Other than those items, yes, she is irrelevant.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:17 AM

41,011 posts, read 49,508,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
She must be talking about me.

......because I certainly wasn't.
Beat me to it Bob. I did all I could to stop her Presidency. Should we send her a "We're Sorry" card to apologize? Nope.

Hillary now is just a bitter old Grandmother and although she deserves to be charged with crimes, she won't be. Her position as a former First lady and her relationship to Bill will prevent that from happening.

She has had the ultimate punishment... the rejection by the people for her to be the 1st woman President. That's 100% better than her spending a day in jail.

Last edited by Rakin; 04-21-2018 at 07:29 AM..

Old 04-21-2018, 07:18 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,319,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I dont think her comments really bother anyone. She is a bitter, angry person who refuses to fade off into the sunset like other failed presidential candidates. If she wasn’t the kind of person she is, it might have been possible for her to disappear for a while, let everybody forget about her, and maybe even feel bad for her, and then possibly make a comeback some day. But she is not that person. She blames everyone else for her loss, and she cant bring herself to stay out of the spotlight. That is why it is fun to continue criticizing her.
Oh, it’s fun? So, you guys don’t really want her to go away, as some of you like to say.

OK, well, enjoy all that fun you’re having...

Old 04-21-2018, 07:26 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’d never heard of it.

Obsession isn't my cologne but I do smell a distraction. Its possible to not comment on a thread if there isn't any interest on the topic.
Naturally I'm the topic again. I must be irresistible. I've been accused of that before. Its probably my warm and sensitive bedside manner.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:26 AM

6,273 posts, read 5,104,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL
Hillary's approval ratings have now sunk to 27%. That's way below Trump......
Democrats are desperate, it's why they started their bogus new
lawsuit.
Hillary Clinton's popularity has plunged since election, poll finds | Fox News
I don't really understand why Clinton has been doing what she has been doing since the election. Maybe it's a high profile melt down. Or an attempt to galvanize women for the next go around. Or simply a prolonged therapy session where she's trying to work out her issues surrounding her life, her successes and her failures on the public stage.

Whatever the reasons, she's not doing herself or her party any favors. Her approval rating keeps tanking and she's dragging the party down as well. A continual reminder to the public of all the reasons they a) didn't like her and wouldn't vote for her b) liked her but wouldn't vote for her.

Look.........she's an elderly woman whose time has come and gone. She is very wealthy and would be better served fading from public view and settling into privileged retirement. Apparently she's not ready to do that yet, but it comes to a point where she becomes sad, unseemly and wearing out of her welcome. Clinton doesn't have the self-awareness to recognize that time is here. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections