Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 04:46 PM

47 posts, read 43,682 times

Advertisements

Is there a way to find out, or is there a website rather, that can tell me how each town or city in the United States voted both in this previous presidential election and it prior ones? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 05:16 PM

29,615 posts, read 16,605,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiserableInNebraska View Post
Is there a way to find out, or is there a website rather, that can tell me how each town or city in the United States voted both in this previous presidential election and it prior ones? Thanks!
None come to mind , but individual secretaries of state websites may have them.

Otherwise Daily Kos and a couple of other have precinct results , you would just have to know city boundaries to figure out which precints are where .

Old 05-16-2018, 07:22 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,709,014 times
You'd have to google it. I found:

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-county-229735

and

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...y-state-083320

That gets you down to county. If you want to get past county, that's a local thing. In my area, my county offers reporting down to each individual voting place. We are talking like... each neighborhood nearly. So, 100 people here, 300 people there. If you want that, google "Your County Election Results" and maybe there's a local government website that provides it.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:03 PM

3,181 posts, read 2,230,188 times
The site "Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections" has county level data for all recent presidential races, and also elections for governor and senator. Not sure if I'm allowed to provide a link here as it has an associated forum, but the Atlas can be easily located on Google. City and town data are available in some states (primarily around the Northeast and Great Lakes) by clicking on the county within the state maps in the Atlas. I don't think election results are tracked consistently across the nation below the county level.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:45 PM

4,510 posts, read 4,639,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiserableInNebraska View Post
Look up any county in any state on Wikipedia. Somewhere in each one of those articles, there is a section for politics with a drop down screen that will tell you how that county voted in each Presidential election in that county, by percentage of Democrats, Republicans and 3rd parties. For example, here's the link to your county, Douglas County, Nebraska on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dougla...ka?wprov=sfla1

Scroll down and you'll see "Presidential elections" and a drop down screen.

Hope this helps. I just happened to run across this thread from a year ago.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 09-06-2019 at 09:53 PM..

Old 09-08-2019, 11:13 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,434,320 times
As said the county level data is fairly easy to get.

Precinct level data is usually available also but may you have to dig into local records within the county or city to get that.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:56 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,512,084 times
NY Times had a detailed map by Precinct. Limited to the amount of articles you can view in a month if you don't have an account, but this is probably the most detailed map out there.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...8162/-73.56280
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections