Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 08:22 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We had almost forty years of both Democrats and Republicans that could have fixed our system in favor of the taxpayers (our working class). What ticks me off is the Democrats claimed they were working for us while patronizing the big donors; they found out that the little guy had little money and they were no longer interested. Instead they turned towards the Wall Street fat cats, the large growers, our banking institution and any country, like Saudi Arabia, willing to grease their palms.
I don't disagree and I didn't question that part. I questioned your support of those who you claim say that the problems are too hard to fix so live with them, or something like that.

Quote:
What is this about "hard"? Hard is not having a real raise for forty years; while looking at politicians that are great at taking care of themselves! We voted for true 'change'!
Which covers both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 10:13 AM

18,774 posts, read 18,306,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't disagree and I didn't question that part. I questioned your support of those who you claim say that the problems are too hard to fix so live with them, or something like that.
I have never said that our problems are too hard to fix and I do not give politicians slack when they do not do their jobs. I also do not understand why we do not have conservative Democrats that will vote with the Republicans or liberal Republicans that will vote with the Democrats. We seem to have lost the power to vote for what is ultimately best for the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which covers both parties.
For years many of us have complained about special interest. We do not 'hire' politicians to work for anybody except the voters. Maybe it is time to rid Congress of all the incumbents if they cannot work to solve our problems?

Old 06-30-2018, 10:40 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
I have never said that our problems are too hard to fix and I do not give politicians slack when they do not do their jobs. I also do not understand why we do not have conservative Democrats that will vote with the Republicans or liberal Republicans that will vote with the Democrats. We seem to have lost the power to vote for what is ultimately best for the people.
Depends on what we are talking about. Some things are better off dying and not getting enacted.

But the reason they do it? Because we insist on re-electing the same people.

Quote:
For years many of us have complained about special interest. We do not 'hire' politicians to work for anybody except the voters. Maybe it is time to rid Congress of all the incumbents if they cannot work to solve our problems?

There you go.....it would be a start.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:01 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
Treebeard took everything the Democrats don't offer and turned it into things they do offer! I was a Democrat for about forty years and I am tired of their lies. I will never look back until they again acknowledge what used to be their base - the working man. Now I should clarify that statement by saying the 'legal' working man!

They talk big; but their actions do not back up their words. It's like all the tears about the separated illegal children and where was one tear for American children, separated from their parents, because they decided to break our laws! They are political phonies and they forget who voted for them the second we vote. They also all went far left with no moderates or conservatives allowed. They used terms like racist and they turned out to be the biggest racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I agree, the Dems like to talk about how things "should be", whereas Republicans face the reality of how things actually are and how difficult it is to change things.
Unfortunately minorities tend to fall for the emotional and "heartfelt" Dems, but not all of them.
Regardless on my disagreements about your opinions, I dont see anything in this post that backs up why you vote republican though.

Also, Democrats are the ones who actually govern based on how things are, Republicans are the ones who argue philosophy and not practicality

Old 06-30-2018, 02:05 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
The emboldened line is proof of my last post. What you said there is a philosophy. philosophies are opinion based on bias, not truth.

What you view as "Best for the people" is likely not the same within your own immediate family, let alone people of different political beliefs from around the country.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:21 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,306,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The emboldened line is proof of my last post. What you said there is a philosophy. philosophies are opinion based on bias, not truth.

What you view as "Best for the people" is likely not the same within your own immediate family, let alone people of different political beliefs from around the country.
It is not philosophical when private sector workers lose ground to public sector workers. I have a better chart someplace but this one will do: https://slge.org/wp-content/uploads/...ORT_10-183.pdf. When you have a push for big government and you do not maintain the pay in the private sector; the economy is out of balance. Government jobs produce inflation; they do not produce products that can be sold and give our dollars 'worth' or value.

Currently our Democrats are pushing for larger government and the Republicans (supposedly) are pushing for smaller government. Like this push for open borders; here is a 2010 Pew study that estimated a $44+ billion dollar price tag to educate our illegal immigrant children. It is lots of work for teachers, counselors, police, courts, and out prison system - but we have no exportable goods for the taxpayer money spent.

I love the way the term bias is used when it is simply a matter of picking our pockets!

Old 07-01-2018, 11:30 AM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,796 times
Quote:

We don’t have a middle anymore in politics. The moderate or conservative Democrats were mostly Southern or other Red Staters that were replaced by hard-right conservatives to whom compromise is a dirty word. The moderate or liberal Republicans were mostly in blue states and became an endangered species when they were either primaried by RWNJ’s who couldn’t win the general election or who lost in the general because they were tarred by the national image of the GOP.

When both parties are dominated by wingers who are afraid to compromise because of their bases, the legislative process grinds to a halt and is replaced by kabuki theater with both sides playing to their choirs.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-01-2018 at 11:42 AM..

Old 07-01-2018, 11:53 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Starting with the 2010 Mid-terms, it has been one historic political trouncing, after another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections