Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 10:45 AM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
While that's historically accurate, going forward I doubt that will be true. Dems have chosen identity politics (of which such identities are currently directly opposed to each other, see examples below) OVER supporting the working class, with a significant portion of Dem voters going extreme left-wing to the point of eradicating the First, Second, and other Amendments, AKA Constitutional Rights.

At what point did Republicans start caring about Black kids considering a majority of those kids are in red states.
The Republican party seems to argue that its not their problem because all those black people in Florida, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas, Michigan and so on didn't vote for them, but who you vote for means nothing. It is all about who wins..

And your Republican Party has long governed over more Black people than the Democratic Party has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 11:05 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,325,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
At what point did Republicans start caring about Black kids considering a majority of those kids are in red states.
Every time they construct, operate, and maintain the thousands of Public Health Department Clinics, etc. Who do you think uses those free clinics? Every time a parochial school gives students a need-based scholarship. Who do you think gets those scholarships? Every time community groups and churches sponsor and/or operate food pantries so the low-income can get free food. Who do you think uses those services. Every time a red-stater donates to a religious charity that supports the poor. Literally DOZENS come to mind... St. Vincent de Paul, Samaritan's Purse, Lutheran Relief, Children's Hunger Fund, etc.

Would be nice if the left actually put their money where their mouths are.

And FYI, the highest poverty rates are in Dem-governed inner-cities.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Every time they construct, operate, and maintain the thousands of Public Health Department Clinics, etc. Who do you think uses those free clinics? Every time a parochial school gives students a need-based scholarship. Who do you think gets those scholarships? Every time community groups and churches sponsor and/or operate food pantries so the low-income can get free food. Who do you think uses those services. Every time a red-stater donates to a religious charity that supports the poor. Literally DOZENS come to mind... St. Vincent de Paul, Samaritan's Purse, Lutheran Relief, Children's Hunger Fund, etc.

Would be nice if the left actually put their money where their mouths are.
Nothing in bold is conservative/Republica. Its Human and both sides do it. I'd bet I have spent more time in a food Pantry the last week than most conservatives have their entire life.

Put forth an actual policy( not social , government policy) that Republicans support that dems don't, that actually works.

Quote:
And FYI, the highest poverty rates are in Dem-governed inner-cities.
That doesn't seem to be true.

The poverty isn't proportionally in Birmingham, or Atlanta or Detroit or Cleveland, its in rural areas. run by Republicans in red states.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:25 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
so are you mad that he is endorsing someone at all or who he is endorsing ?
I was clear on my position.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I was clear on my position.
If this is what you mean by clear

Quote:
I have no dog in the hunt as far as the race goes but for me, it would be the lying.
Then you are just wrong.

The party did not endorse or put resources behind Cuomo in a primary. Only Perez did.

You are letting your personal opinion of Perez and Cuomo cloud your argument.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:45 AM

Perez is speaking on behalf of the DNC. As I said..........it would be the lying.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:46 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,325,146 times
Quote:
That doesn't seem to be true.
Actually, it is:

Poverty Rates Vary By Residential Area

Cities, even in red states, tend to vote for and are governed by Dems. Atlanta, GA (poverty rate: 24%), and Memphis, TN (poverty rate: 26.9%), for example.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:46 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
A (D) is going to take a House seat in WV-3.
and you know this how?

Old 05-27-2018, 11:49 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Machin is up 13 in the WV senate race, thought this was going to be close. More empirical data of a blue wave.
and most polls are wrong or were during the last election. BY this I mean they all seemed to favor the left. This could turn out to be a year the dems don't do as well as usual in an off year election. The important thing is: GOPs get out and VOTE

Old 05-27-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you know this how?
I've explained why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections