Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 09:38 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,661,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So your Guess will Trump win 2020?

uh...

NOPE

Old 06-19-2018, 10:26 AM

29,009 posts, read 30,454,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I liked your first two paragraphs. The third....not so much.

The people....average Americans in our case....determine what is the greater good. And most of Trump's decisions have been very popular with average Americans.

History is a landfill of politicians who thought they knew better than the people what was good for them. Barack Obama a prime example. A great leader doesn't have to sell anyone on what is the greater good. The people determine that and elect a great leader of similar mind to get it done.

The way I would put your third paragraph is that a great leader isn't afraid of ruffling the feathers of people who don't matter - CNN and most other media reporters, sold-out establishment Republicans, and the rapidly retreating political hard left. In other words, people out of sync with the greater good.
A good leader makes unpopular decisions for the greater good...and I stand by that....
even now, while Trump is finally, finally doing something about the border crisis, people even republicans fear siding with him....this is an unpopular decision which politicians created years ago....Bush didn't do a damn thing after 911 happened, to close off borders, not that they came thru, but it sure is an open invite to do so....

Any army professional in the field sometimes has to make unpopular decisions.... A good leader is able to do that....which finally, finally we have a president who isn't afraid, even though he is getting pressure from his own party...why? Because they want votes.

I stand by my 3rd paragraph, though, I will say, you made a firm point....well done.

and this is why Trump will win, if he keeps this up, he is doing exactly what he was voted in to do, and he isn't the least bit concerned about votes....another reason why lifer politicians hate him.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:35 AM

16,219 posts, read 11,412,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It depends on if Democrats nominate somebody who can energize their base and bring people out to vote. Trump supporters' enthusiasm shows no sign of cooling.
And so long as the Democrats remain in the thrall of "identity politics", and the radical Leftism which began infiltrating their party fifty years ago (and are so used to having their way that they refuse to compromise in the name of pragmatism) most of the Independents and all the Libertarians are going to keep their distance.

We can definitely do better than Trump, but anything a lot of us view as better would be an anathema to the Democrats' Leftist hijackers.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-19-2018 at 10:43 AM..

Old 06-19-2018, 10:44 AM

12,309 posts, read 9,791,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
A good leader makes unpopular decisions for the greater good...and I stand by that....
even now, while Trump is finally, finally doing something about the border crisis, people even republicans fear siding with him....this is an unpopular decision which politicians created years ago....Bush didn't do a damn thing after 911 happened, to close off borders, not that they came thru, but it sure is an open invite to do so....

Any army professional in the field sometimes has to make unpopular decisions.... A good leader is able to do that....which finally, finally we have a president who isn't afraid, even though he is getting pressure from his own party...why? Because they want votes.

I stand by my 3rd paragraph, though, I will say, you made a firm point....well done.

and this is why Trump will win, if he keeps this up, he is doing exactly what he was voted in to do, and he isn't the least bit concerned about votes....another reason why lifer politicians hate him.
I think you missed the point, because you are implying that Trump is making unpopular decisions. And he's not, except in the minds of those who live in the upside down world of the radical left. They have controlled the agenda for a generation and Trump has stood up to them. That's why they can't stand him. Their party is over, at least for the rest of his term. But they don't matter....and they are not the group by which decision popularity or not is measured.

Trump is more in sync with average Americans, the people who make this country work, the people that elected him, the people who matter, than any President we have ever seen.

Yes, he is a great leader. And yes, he has extraordinary courage. But he is not making unpopular decisions for the greater good. He couldn't be more in sync with The People's vision of the greater good.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:23 AM

29,009 posts, read 30,454,407 times
Quote:
CrownVic95 think you missed the point, because you are implying that Trump is making unpopular decisions. And he's not, except in the minds of those who live in the upside down world of the radical left. They have controlled the agenda for a generation and Trump has stood up to them. That's why they can't stand him. Their party is over, at least for the rest of his term. But they don't matter....and they are not the group by which decision popularity or not is measured.
yes, I was implying that, as this started an earthquake of whose side shall I support, so I get votes next election? But yes, your right...

Quote:
Trump is more in sync with average Americans, the people who make this country work, the people that elected him, the people who matter, than any President we have ever seen.
yes, he certainly is, and proving that he knows, what will work, regardless of his so called bedside manner. I support him all the say, (so far) call me a skeptic...

Quote:
Yes, he is a great leader. And yes, he has extraordinary courage. But he is not making unpopular decisions for the greater good. He couldn't be more in sync with The People's vision of the greater good.
LOL, well, yes, I guess it depends on which side your looking at it from, right?

The greater good: Is a common expression which refers to the fact that you are doing something that most likely will not benefit you but many people, a community or even the human race according to the context. The expression is often used in political, religious or philosophical contexts.

and he is, but I'm not to certain its such a popular decision, even though a lot of people voted for him, they may tend to leave the camp, when they see other's coming down on him for doing so....people fear standing up for themselves....

but yes, you are right....but I don't believe I'm wrong either....call me narcissistic?

Old 06-19-2018, 12:35 PM

12,309 posts, read 9,791,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, I was implying that, as this started an earthquake of whose side shall I support, so I get votes next election? But yes, your right...

yes, he certainly is, and proving that he knows, what will work, regardless of his so called bedside manner. I support him all the say, (so far) call me a skeptic...

LOL, well, yes, I guess it depends on which side your looking at it from, right?

The greater good: Is a common expression which refers to the fact that you are doing something that most likely will not benefit you but many people, a community or even the human race according to the context. The expression is often used in political, religious or philosophical contexts.

and he is, but I'm not to certain its such a popular decision, even though a lot of people voted for him, they may tend to leave the camp, when they see other's coming down on him for doing so....people fear standing up for themselves....

but yes, you are right....but I don't believe I'm wrong either....call me narcissistic?
The only difference between us is that you're giving "the opposition", their aberrational viewpoints, and their political influence much more credibility than warranted.

They are now a laughing stock, whether it be Paul Ryan or Jim Acosta or any of a host of others of their ilk. It simply doesn't matter what they think....at all.

Yet no one before Trump had the courage to stand up to them. Once he did, they toppled like dominoes. Why? Because he's with The People and The People are with him.

And I'm overjoyed with his "bedside manner". So are millions of others. Could a polished, scripted, and rehearsed President have done what he has done? Not on your life. His manner is perfect and necessary for our time. The last thing we need is to ever again see a scripted empty suit in the White House. We no doubt will, though. Sad to say. We just need to savor this era while we can and move as far as we can in the right direction before the inevitable backward slide that we came to know so well begins again. Odds are there will be another long parade of puppets before we see another Trump.

Peace.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:02 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,008,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Trump cowered like a submissive mouse in front of the health care industry after he claimed during the campaign he would take on the big pharma monopolies and provide health care to every American citizen. He is a meek wimp, incapable of taking on the ruling class in this country. And the corporate media, largely funded by health care industry money, has been *crickets* about it.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:30 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,291,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Trump cowered like a submissive mouse in front of the health care industry after he claimed during the campaign he would take on the big pharma monopolies and provide health care to every American citizen. He is a meek wimp, incapable of taking on the ruling class in this country. And the corporate media, largely funded by health care industry money, has been *crickets* about it.

If he is a submissive mouse; who do you have? You don't have a Party plank. You have preached hate before and after the election. You also do not have one candidate that backs the American people. Your side forgot who voted them into office!

Old 06-19-2018, 05:40 PM

12,715 posts, read 7,872,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And so long as the Democrats remain in the thrall of "identity politics", and the radical Leftism which began infiltrating their party fifty years ago (and are so used to having their way that they refuse to compromise in the name of pragmatism) most of the Independents and all the Libertarians are going to keep their distance.

We can definitely do better than Trump, but anything a lot of us view as better would be an anathema to the Democrats' Leftist hijackers.

Trump is primarily about identity politics. White, male, Christian, heterosexual, and blue collar identity politics.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:45 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,291,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump is primarily about identity politics. White, male, Christian, heterosexual, and blue collar identity politics.

If that is the case why is Black unemployment at an all time low: Black unemployment hits all-time low What good does it do have liberal Presidents that give our jobs to illegal immigrants or to countries that do not compete fairly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections